hijra for the sake of allah

Asalamwalaykum brothers and sisters in islam

I am searching for a place to live outside of the uk as i feel there is too much fitnah around.

Im 24 married with a child on the way in sha allah, i really do not want my child growing up in this country so i am currently looking for a place to live outside of the uk and in sha allah move in about 5 years once i have my finances sorted.

Idealy i would like to live in saudi as i feel they have the correct aqeeda, teachings of islam but it is very difficult to get residence in saudi. I am looking for a country or an area in country that is on the way of the salaf.

Does anyone knw any good areas i can check out please.

Jazakhallah khair

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Asalamwalaykum brothers and sisters in islam

I am searching for a place to live outside of the uk as i feel there is too much fitnah around.

Im 24 married with a child on the way in sha allah, i really do not want my child growing up in this country so i am currently looking for a place to live outside of the uk and in sha allah move in about 5 years once i have my finances sorted.

Idealy i would like to live in saudi as i feel they have the correct aqeeda, teachings of islam but it is very difficult to get residence in saudi. I am looking for a country or an area in country that is on the way of the salaf.

Does anyone knw any good areas i can check out please.

Jazakhallah khair

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I think what you are intending is very honourable Mashaa Allaah and I pray that you succeed in this In Shaa Allah.

Bro the only way you can settle in these countries is through work as they do not issue permanent visas to foreigners. I would advise you therefore to look for a job that will enable to you to settle there long term.

I live in the UAE currently and it is a very stable country and you can practice your deen here without any problems. I think Saudi Arabia is a good destination as I also believe that they practice Islam properly.

I pray that you are able to get out of the UK as soon as possible so that you can give your family a better standard of Islamic living. More and more Muslims are now waking up to the fact that living in the West is very trying and are making hijra to other countries where they can live an Islamic life In Shaa Allah.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah.

Hijra. That's what every person I encounter seems to be taking about these days. Subhaanallaah.

Maashaa'Allaah there's nothing better than living in a country governed by Muslims and ruled by the Laws of Allaah `azza wa jall. Sadly, the Muslim countries are being tried with all sorts of fitan nowadays. May Allaah ease all of their affairs, return them back to the deen and keep them firm upon it.

I've never been to the Middle East or any Muslim country so I can't really sit here and judge but from what I've been told by people who've lived there, deen-wise, avoid the UAE, and Bahrain. I was told Yemen, Egypt and Syria (though not in its current condition), Morocco and also Qatar have well-established institutions and great shuyookh who are upon the sunnah. But I wouldn't take their words for it. It's best to talk to people who actually live there or at least have lived there and not only for one year but for a good portion of their lives (I say 5 years minimum).

Saudi Arabia seems unattainable and people who've been there always have something bad to say about it just because they either couldn't adapt to the environment or they were never genuine in their intention anyways, but do try your best, perhaps apply for a work visa as the brother mentioned and inshaa'Allaah you'll be able to settle there with your family.

Me personally, my heart is in Madeenatul munawwarah....one day inshaa'Allaah. =)

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

May Allah make it easy for you and reward you for your intentions to move for His sake!

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Bro I forgot to add that if you are a British Citizen then you must make plans to return to the UK or must have a base there such as family or friends who can help you if/when you return. I say this because unless you become a citizen or a permanent resident of another country you could be returned to your country of origin for whatever circumstances. The only safe abode for anybody is their country of origin/citizenship. It's probably disheartening but you must make plans to return or still have a base there.

user expired!

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatulllah,

Having been born and raised in the UK I can understand where you are coming from.

But.....

I have to be honest, there is not a place where you can really make hijrah today, which is stable enough for you and your family.

I currently work in the middle east and i know plenty of brothers who have tried to move abroad and failed. Many of them from the UK are students of knowledge and reside in places such as Saudi Arabia( Riyadh, Jeddah, Damam, Jowf and even Madinah), Qatar, Bahrain, UAE, Oman and Kuwait, and having spoken to them recently (brothers Iftar here in the UK) they all pretty much agreed there is no hijrah just working from money (mashaAllah they are all earning very well) or studying.

Additionally ,
90% of the brothers who traveled abroad really started to appreciate what we have here in the UK and you'l be surprised how Islamic the UK really is.