Holding to the Sunnah

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
That which seperates the people of truth and the people of falsehood is the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam). A jewel-filled section discussing topics such as 'The Saved Sect', Sticking to the Correct Manhaj In Times of Fitnah and 'Lessons In Manhaj'.

Al Haakim said: I heard ar-Rabee' [saying]: I heard ash-Shaafi'ee, and indeed he was narrating a hadeeth. So a man said to him: Will you implement this o Abaa Abdullaah? So he said: If I narrate an authentic hadeeth from the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam) and I don't implement it, then you can testify that my intellect has left! [Reported by Ibn Abee Haatim in Aadaabush Shaafi'ee Wa Munaaqibuhu (p. 93), and by Imaam adh-Dhahabee in Mukhtasir Al Uloow' (no. 197) It's chain of narration is authentic. It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albaanee in Sifatus Salaah (fifth edition) (p. 33)]

A man came to Imaam Maalik Ibn Anas (radiyallaahu 'anhu) and said: From where should I put on the ihraam? So he said: From the place where the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam) stopped and put on ihraam. So the man said: So what if I put on ihraam from farther than that? So Maalik said: I do not advise that. So he said: What do you dislike about that? He said: I dislike the Fitnah upon you. He said: And what is the Fitnah in increasing the good?! So he said: Verily Allaah the Exalted says, "So let those who oppose his (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) command beware that a Fitnah may strike them, or a painful punishment." And which Fitnah is greater than you specifying an action with virtue which was not specified by the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu 'Alayhi Wa Sallam)? [Related Abu Shaamah in his book Baa'ith 'alaa Inkaarul Bid'ah Wal Hawaadith (p. 14). Quoted by Abee Bakr Al Khallaal.]
www.troid.org