Hollidays vs faith.. a real problem for me: "socorro"

louise

Salam wr wb,

Generally speaking would you say hollidays improve your practice, increase your knowledge and faith or "because of the destination and the family" you spend most of your time on the beach, farniente y turismo...
What are the advice to keep our precious moments for Allah?

I am going in a place without muslim around (anyway i don't know even here!) but without my computer and internet , which means i won't read and listen and recite the qur'an when i want, day or night , i have downloaded and printed some surah, choose a book to read but i know i ll be mooving a lot. I cannot escape from family...
It is not a question of fear but i have experienced before , i gave up the prayer, now i want to pray more not less.
Ther is another point, we are asked to stay away from disbelievers, i am getting close to them.

Wondering if it is clean to pray in a home with a people believing because it is "santiago's day", celebrating with a ten minutes prayerand just after too much food, too much alcohol , dancing all night and the top for me is my brother "in law" a christian homosexual, eating more porc when i am around despiting my religion, looking down on my way to pray, when he dare call mary mother of God, i feel it as an attack, because i would hear it thousand times, it can be paranoia from me or it can be true, i don't know, all i know is i fear to not act correctly. I would love to not hear him and see him and not smell "cerdo" all the day but it is like that. it is hard for me to smile and laugh with them when inside me i feel i should neither look at them nor answer them when they call me...
People are all happy to go on hollydays and for me it is just like a trial...
Sure that i will think about you,, connect each time i find a cyberc , hope it will be enough to feel good.

WHo experienced some thing like that "hollydays far away from islam", how to act like a good person, true and not "feel hypocrite".
Thanks for reading , thanks for any little piece of advice.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

When family is concerned we are not to stay away from the Disbelievers and avoid them or not love them as one loves family.

We must stay away only if they want to harm us or do bad things. Otherwise, it is our duty to be kind, explain to them Islam in nice way... and to show them how Muslims really are.

Allah says in the Quran>
125. Invite (mankind, O Muhammad SAW) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islâm) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'ân) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided. (Quran 16:125)

As for whether I have been to a place where there are no Muslims, yes. Infact, I live in an area where there are very few Muslims.

I have been to some countries and areas of the world where there are very few Muslims. But, it is still possible to find Muslims, such as in New Zealand. Maybe you can find a Masjid near to where you are going?

I recommend you buy some Islamic Tapes, Quran Tapes / CD... or you can download Quran MP3 and put them on a portable Mp3 player. This way you will have these things to keep your eman (faith) high. And if you are going on holiday to beautiful place, you can play these things.

Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) says in the Quran>

"O you who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for protectors if they love disbelief over belief; whoever of you takes them for protectors, such are wrong-doers. Say: if your fathers, and your children, and your brethren, and your spouses, and your tribe, and the wealth you have acquired, and business for which you fear shrinkage, and houses you are pleased with are dearer to you than Allah and His Messenger and STRIVING in His way: then wait till Allah brings His command to pass. Allah does not guide disobedient folk." (Quran 9:23, 24)

So a true Believer always puts their Islam first. We must be willing to put Islam infront of everything, our family, children, tribe, wealth etc. The most valuable thing to us is our Deen, Islam!

If visiting your family is problem and they give you a lot of trouble, then it may be better for you to not go. This is in order to protect yourself and your iman.

Generally speaking would you say hollidays improve your practice, increase your knowledge and faith or "because of the destination and the family" you spend most of your time on the beach, farniente y turismo...
What are the advice to keep our precious moments for Allah?

It Depends where you are going! Personally i like to go to Muslim countries and many have a lot of Islamic history as well as other ancient history. InshaAllah i will post and share some photos in another Forum, later today. When you study the history of Islam and see the great achievements the Muslim people made when they were following Islam properly it can increase your Iman, "Faith".

I think a quiet beach with is good place to go, and contemplate the world and think about Allah's creation. But, stay away from busy beaches with half naked people!

If your family is doing wrong, such as drinking alcohol and eating pork, then you must tell them your own belief and why it is bad.. But, also explain that even in Bible this is prohibited! If your family is Christian... and they are making fun of you by deliberately eating Pork because you are a Muslim... then they must know that the bible and Torah prohibited and spoke bad of eating pork. The Christian and Jewish books also speak about:

(riba) Usury / "Interest on money" - Usury was prohibited in their books.

- Hijab! - it is mentioned in bible, something similar to what Muslim women wear, is worn by Nuns! Every christmas when they do their Nativity plays, they dress their children in Arabic clothes, and they make the girls wear hijab! big contridiction for the racists. - Hijab is your choice, you want to wear it, why do they have to make fun of it?

So basically, when they make fun of you, they are making fun of their own beliefs too.

So sister, you must explain to them in kind way and make sure you have the upperhand when it comes to morals and good character, because we are taught about how to deal with non Muslims and people of other beliefs.

InshaAllah, have Sabr, patience with your non-Muslim family, find it as an opportunity to explain to the Islam. Allah will reward you for this time and trial.

louise

thanks

Salam wr wb,

Bismillah,

I wish i went on muslim land, i wish i met muslims,I did not find any mosque in orense (spain) nor in vigo, nor in santiago. true that i "saw" once or twice some muslims. (I posted on a spanish site islamenlinea (the spanish iol!) to meet some muslims from vigo or orense, but at this time nothing. the nearest muslims are in valladolid, quite far.
I do hope the people i talk with revert one day, i made my first da'was ten years ago, nothing has changed except that since i am reading abdelqadir el Gilani, may Allah grant him His own company, i feel unable to talk.
I have even prepared a spanish version of the qu'ran (coming from holland thanks to internet!)

As for downloading that what i have done, and i have the full version of the qur'an by saad el ghamdy (2fast4me!), i will follow your advice, May Allah reward u.
As for enjoying the ocean, it is hard because of the people without clothes day and night, even when you think you have found a no man land, it it just worst..I grant you that you can see the creation and enter a contemplation state. Allah has grant me yet a wonderful trip in Jordan some years ago it is still preinted in my memory as an eternal present moment, with hearing the Call to Allah from 7 mosques, and wonderful places to see, my mind is full of that.
I think i just need to talk(write) to prepare myself,, what i am going to see, smell , touch and hear is not good for me, outside is going to be sooo different from my inside.I fell like a liar,:frown: But...
InshaAllah Allah will streinghten my faith. I will be a better muslim.:)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

I see, you are originally from espana?

I am planning on making a Spanish section soon inshaallah, i have some Spanish speaking Muslim friends alhamdulilah. But, they are not from Spain, one is a Mexican. Although, i did meet once a new Muslim brother long time ago, in SaudiArabia, he was from Spain.

I hope your trip is good and easy inshaAllah. May Allah guide and help your family and friends. And may Allah help us and all the Muslims.

But, if it is so bad, then why do you have to go? You could meet your family at other times. ?

Wasalam.

Ameer.

AishaR

Assalamalaikum Sister Louise

I can relate to how you are feeling. I am due to go on holiday with my muslim husband & my non muslim family. I reverted 6 mths ago & this will be the first holiday I will have taken since declaring Shahada. I am very nervous & dont know what to expect. I am not at all bothered about being covered but unsure how others will treat me. I will be the only person on the beach or by the pool that wont be half naked....
I am sure Allah swt will give us the strength inshallah, to enjoy our time as much as possible.

Salam

Aisha