HOW CAN I DO?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
I hope everybody's in good health and Iman.
I want to pose some questions above all to the muslim brothers and sisters who have children from the age of 3 years to the adolescence.I'm asking this because I wish to have some advicese about the education of my children.they are still 2 months,13 months and 28 months old,but how can I introduce them to Islam without any problem?I saw on islam tv many littla hijabed girls and little boys who already know what Islam is.So,please,if you know a way to teach Islam from the childhood,tell me how.thank you a lot

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu..

sister be a good example to your kids inshallah.nothing effects a kid more then his mother's teaching,coz their minds like their bodies are developing and what ever they learn they show in later life.so be a good muslim.start teaching them small praises of ALLAH,just as you teach them to speak.tell stories of the prophets when they are able to understand them.............and one thing advice them to go for vitues and prevent them from sins right from a young age.coz that affects.help them PRACTICe and UNDERSTAND islam not just read it's theory............may ALLAh help and guide you sister.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Sister Hayat,

Firstly, everybody knows that the real education starts from home. Though these days, kids start to go to school as early as 3 years old, but actually its all up to their parents' intelligence to bring up the children properly. For a good start, you can slowly teach your children to memorize the Quran at an early age. It really is good as their hearts are pure thus making the memorization a bit easy if deal correctly. Teach them the basics first such as Alif, Ba, Ta and then continue with the Juz A'mma. Ulamaa' from the past who were haafiz, most of them have memorized the Quran since a very tender age. And mashaAllaah, isnt it nice to have children who are haafiz and haafizah? (Of course, not just to simply memorize the Quran but also to ponder upon and implement it in life)

Here in Malaysia, we have Islamic school where it not only teaches Islamic subjects but also other "worldly" subjects such as languages, history and geography. I would love to send my children to Islamic religious school someday. Or better yet, I am actually thinking of them doing homeschooling. There are pros and cons for both but in the end, it is up to the parents' wisdom to choose for their children. So when they have grow up a lil, you can choose whether to let them stay at home to do homeschool or send them to public/Islamic school.

More about homeschool: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20149

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4143

For the time being, you being a role model to your children as an example of a good Muslimah is a form of education too. :) Also, make sure that your children grow up in a healthy environment at home. (I'm sure every parents wish that for their children).

Once in a lecture, Ustaaz said that if possible, every night before you let your children go to sleep, make a halaqaah among the family members and read an ayaat/hadeeth along with some brief explanation. Of course this would be the father's role but the mother can also take part. It is a method to create bia'ah solehaah (a good environment) within your house.

And inshaAllaah if a child is brought up properly which starts at home, he/she will be a precious pearl who will help the Muslim Ummaah in the future.

Just a bit of my two cents. :)

I pray that Allaah will help you to bring up your children to be soleeh and solehaah children, Ameen.

Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I didn't aspect so many answers,really!In my heart I wished to introduce my oldest daughter to Islam just teaching few words like Alhamdulillah and Bismillah,but I regretted,when I verified that she preferes to play with her dolls.when I pray she often imitates my movements,but maybe I'm too far from my target...I say Bismillah to everything but I never heard this word from my daughter's mouth.It's the role of the father which misses.he comes late at home and my daughters sleep,during the day I switch on Islam channel or holy quran radio,but I have to confess that I have no much time to stop a few minutes to sit down and read some verses.when the evening arrives I just want to free my mind from my children,because they keep my time away.how can I make much order?I really dream to see my daughters as true muslims women in sh Allah.

revert2007

Love Fishing
I didn't aspect so many answers,really!In my heart I wished to introduce my oldest daughter to Islam just teaching few words like Alhamdulillah and Bismillah,but I regretted,when I verified that she preferes to play with her dolls.when I pray she often imitates my movements,but maybe I'm too far from my target...I say Bismillah to everything but I never heard this word from my daughter's mouth.It's the role of the father which misses.he comes late at home and my daughters sleep,during the day I switch on Islam channel or holy quran radio,but I have to confess that I have no much time to stop a few minutes to sit down and read some verses.when the evening arrives I just want to free my mind from my children,because they keep my time away.how can I make much order?I really dream to see my daughters as true muslims women in sh Allah.
Assalamualikum sister.It is not too late alhamdulilah yet it might be more challenging.

Ask your child to participate in Islamic activities such as reading Quran,read Quranic stories and so on.You have to be with her to guide her.When you pray,ask her to pray with you(I amnnot sure how old your daughter is but in Malaysia kids began to pray at the age of 4 if they are from religious family)

Make full use of the internet.There are many blogs and website to help mothers to raise their children Islamic way.Many materials is available and they are all interesting such as quizes,match and so on.

Kids these days are different from kids 50 years a go.Kids these days need varities and they can easily get bored.Mothers should be innovative and creative.

By nature,children knows Allah and they know there is only One Creator.we are the one to bring it to their conscious mind and put it to practise.

Began by teaching her Quran and explain to her those verses.Repetation is the key for raising your child.You have to keep on repeating the same thing over and over without getting tired.While cooking,ask her to recite any verses that she has memorised.Ask her what do we say before eating.Ask her what dua do we say before eating and after eating.What dua do we say before sleeping and so on...

It should be on daily basis and should continue till she can learn on her own.

Introduce Allah and His 99 beautiful names/Asma Al husnah.tell her what those names mean and ask her to memorise.

There are actually many things you can do in sha Allah.

First of all,begin with Tauhid.Explain by using Quranic verses Why Allah is the Only Creator.Answer their questions patiently.Every questions have answers in sha Allah.

Second,explain to them why it is important to worship Allah and why it is important to obey Him.Tell them what are the things we need to obey.Introduce 5 pillar of ISlam and 6 pillar of iman.

Third,if she is a girl,introduce her to hijab and why it is very important to wear hijab and introduce the term mahram and explain to her who are her mahrams.

Fourth,make them practise fasting.Let it be step by step.Tell them the importance of fasting and why do Muslims fast.What is the purpose.

Fifth,introduce them to charity.Charity not necessarily money but smile is charity as well.Giving some water to poor people is charity as well.Tecah them the importance of being humble and grateful to Allah and introduce the term Alhamdulilah and tell them what it means and when to use it.

Sixth,introduce more islamic terms and make them memorise and memorise the meniang as well and understand it.You can play a game with your child by helping her to know the terms.

For example,you may sneez and ask her what do you say when you sneez and what do you say when you hear someone say alhamdulilah and so on.

You might ask her to eat something and ask her what do she say before eating.

Thats all I can brainstorm for now :)
May ALlah help you in sha Allah.
Assalamualikum

arzafar

the problem is that muslims havent paid attention to these things meaning that there few islamic toys available in the market.
for eg building blocks with arabic letters would be difficult to find. so you will have to create them on your own. I know this is very difficult but that's the way things are.

the blog (http://amuslimchildisborn.blogspot.com/) i shared earlier has tips on how to make these things these things.
for eg

Camels_Kaba1.jpg

the arabic alphabets are written in order on the camels. (it is permissible to draw images for the purpose of learning)

here is a better view
Camels.jpg

such techniques keep the children engaged and focused so that they learn more.

that sister has also written some books for children if you want to buy.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~Salam to all!

I want to pose some questions above all to the muslim brothers and sisters who have children from the age of 3 years to the adolescence.I'm asking this because I wish to have some advicese about the education of my children.they are still 2 months,13 months and 28 months old,but how can I introduce them to Islam without any problem?I saw on islam tv many littla hijabed girls and little boys who already know what Islam is.So,please,if you know a way to teach Islam from the childhood,tell me how.thank you a lot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:bismillah:

:ma:
Thank you sister for starting a very good thread:SMILY252:

And Thank you brothers and sisters
for sharing so many very good links and information for this thread.
Alhamdulillah!

:tti_sister:~May Allah swt reward tremendously for sharing~Amin!

~Happy The Holy Month of Rajab.

Thank you,
Take Care!

~Wassalam :)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you very much for all you help!I really wasn'y prepared to this situation and I understand that I've to begin as soon as possible if I don't want to lose my children in this dunya...I sometimes lose the patience if I see that my daughters dispute for a doll,they are tremendous jealous and when they play in their room,I often listen how they discuss.what should I do not to make them so angry?Maybe we're too far from this dream of perfection,because we sometimes have family discussions,my husband comes tired at home and many times this is me who try to teach him that we should start to be more muslim in front of our children too.how can we be good examples,if we forget how to talk correctly?we listen too much italian tv,we're too occidental to leave everything?!
Me,I have no problems but the fact that when I wish to recite some verses of the Quran,I have none who can explain it to me,so I am alone in front of this situation.first of all I should learn what I wish to teach..in Sh Allah I continue with this thread till I'll be ready to start.thank you for your aid:ma:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
thank you very much for your help.I'm surprised because I heard my daughter sayin Alhamdulillah,bismillah and the shahada!I didn't aspect it,thank you to all:wasalam:

a_stranger

Dear sister
Why not let them hear Quran recitation while they are playing , then they will love Quran and start memorizing it , but be carefull try not to full their minds with music and songs ......let Quran works in their pure minds. Try to make it a habit without telling them to listen ......the most important thing they be used to hear Quran and love it.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
after a year I can say that my 2 daughters of 3 and 2 years old know the shahada by heart,the arabic alphabet and they also recognize the "baitu-llah" in Mecca.thaty know what Shaytan is and Who created them...no music at home and no other images but the recitation of quran all day long.one day my first daughter wanted to go out with the hijab on.it has been said her that she's too young and I was little disappointed.it is a little goal for me,I hope to give them a good example of faith and devotion