How can I make this Islamic short article better. I need help please

al-muslimah

:salam2:

I hope that all are doing fine.

InshAllah our university will be having an Islamic conference. It's kinda a da'wa conference telling non-muslims about Islam. MashAllah! I'm so happy that it's gonna happen so I told them that i'll be distributing papers of a short article I wrote calling non-muslims to Islam.

I would really appreciate if you read it and tell me how I can make it better. And is it actually sutible for such conference being distributed to profesers and teachers?

al-muslimah

Haven't you Ever Thought of?
The truth has revealed. Everything is clear.

Oh Non-believers! What are you waiting for? What are the things that you still want to embrace Islam? Are you waiting for a sound from heaven to enlighten you with the truth? You should be aware that this will not occur as it's your decision now. God gave us brains to think and realize what is happening around. Be open-minded and get to know by yourself. Islam is the truth.

Haven't you ever thought of why the Holy Quran has never changed since the first day it was revealed? It's because God promised that it would never change. Haven't you ever thought of why Islam is the fastest growing religion? It's because that Islam is the truth and many people are conscious of it.

Haven't you ever thought of the scientific theories that are in the Holy Quran, which was written from about 1400 years ago, and how studies proved them recently? Haven't you ever thought of how Islam is the only religion that is constantly vilified yet keeps growing? Haven't you ever thought of why Islam is the only religion that believes in the previous religions and their Holy Scriptures but others don't?

Haven't you ever thought of why Islam is perfected for all time and people, while other religions are only sent for a particular group and time? Haven't you ever thought of the signs of the day of judgement that are declared in Islam and how most of them have happened? Haven't you ever thought of why many Christian preachers are turning to Islam? Haven't you ever thought of why you are not a Muslim till this day?

Dhulkarnein

assalam alaikum

Sister , the way it has been start ,sometimes has effect sometimes has no effect , we have from sunna some fact that Profet alajhi salam spoke to the nonbelievers like this , but we have other ways too .

The sahaba Ali radijAllahu anhuma said "you must speak to people the way the understand " , wich means we must look for the way that they can understand better the islam .

The way that you start it , as i said has bases in Quran and Sunna , but more soflty aproach to the people will make them understand beter and it is possible that they will listen with more atention .

You can start with things wich are actual , in some west contries people wich are nonbelievers they started to say that Islam was no explaned to the people ,islam in not what they said etc , wich means now in west many people are giving more speace to islam , you can use that point and speak from that point .

Like " We see more and more that people are more aware of islam , and we are happy to bee a part of thos people that will speak and explane to all of thos that whant to know about islam ...

What is islam ? -after this word you can explane in short what islam is , like jusuf estes does , and than you can jump to words like , the islam ,surender to one God , made people to be aware of their mision in this life , and that is too act acording too God comands .

that you can goo " one of God comands is to study His creaturs , and muslim did that from the moment they enter islam ,and at centuri ... ,they did this and this , islam is the one that open humas the horizon,scope to se why he is here ,what is the reason that he is this world , and what are his duties ,this is what people need , this is solution too all of sucide and all of criminal act , and the main things is that Islam gives a answer wich are questioned by every one of us in our heart and mind , Why we are here ,why is the purpuse of life ,what is our main mision in this life ..... etc

this is only in short word , dosnt mean that you write all like this , but you can take as example

Waseem203

Young Muslim
What about an intro like this.

Islam, derived from the Arabic word "peace", is the second largest religion in the world with over 1.5 billion adherents. According to the CIA factbook, Islam is also one of the fastest growing religions. However, it is also the most understood! Islamaphobics around the world have, unfortunately, given the public a poor perception of a great religion. If you wish to learnt he truth about Islam, come to the Islamic conference at <insert date here> and you could be in for a huge surprise!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

may Allah give you success. the starting "oh non-beleivers" may not be appropriate.

also, u can include the examples of scientific miracles of Quran into your article.

also wht about a little of beauty of Islam like respect to parents, faithfulness towards one's spouse, laws to maintain peace in society, etc.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Haven't you Ever Thought of?
The truth has revealed. Everything is clear.

Oh Non-believers! What are you waiting for? What are the things that you still want to embrace Islam? Are you waiting for a sound from heaven to enlighten you with the truth? You should be aware that this will not occur as it's your decision now. God gave us brains to think and realize what is happening around. Be open-minded and get to know by yourself. Islam is the truth.

Haven't you ever thought of why the Holy Quran has never changed since the first day it was revealed? It's because God promised that it would never change. Haven't you ever thought of why Islam is the fastest growing religion? It's because that Islam is the truth and many people are conscious of it.

Haven't you ever thought of the scientific theories that are in the Holy Quran, which was written from about 1400 years ago, and how studies proved them recently? Haven't you ever thought of how Islam is the only religion that is constantly vilified yet keeps growing? Haven't you ever thought of why Islam is the only religion that believes in the previous religions and their Holy Scriptures but others don't?

Haven't you ever thought of why Islam is perfected for all time and people, while other religions are only sent for a particular group and time? Haven't you ever thought of the signs of the day of judgement that are declared in Islam and how most of them have happened? Haven't you ever thought of why many Christian preachers are turning to Islam? Haven't you ever thought of why you are not a Muslim till this day?

Assalamualikum.Since you want an honest answer,when I read that I don't feel I will embrace Islam.If I were still a Non Muslim and if I read that,it will put me off from Islam.

The whole thing sounds as though we are daring them.It will never work for non Muslims.

If we want to call non Muslims to Islam,we must do it in a way they will be willing to accept.And calling them non believers is not a good idea.Instead you can replace that with "Oh my dear respected Brothers and Sisters in humanity".

We cannot ask them what they are waiting for as they themselves won't be able to answer that question.This whole flyer must be about Islam and Allah The Exalted.we cannot question them.

Expose Islam to them in a very unique way.

I don't understand this part "What are the things that you still want to embrace Islam?"

are you try to say"what are the things stopping you from embracing Islam?

I haven't got any idea at the moment as I need to concentrate and brainwash for idea.If i get any idea,I shall pm you in sha Allah.

It is a good idea by the way and don't give up.

Assalamualikum.

arzafar

Sister i think you can really capitalize this opportunity. Here is how i would approach it.

1) Begin the article with Al-Fatiha.
10%
2) What is Islam? Islamic monotheism. Quran being the only revelation preserved in its original form to date.
50%
3) Something about Muhammad (pbuh) and hadith
15%
4) the 6 articles of faith
10%
5) the 5 pillars of Islam
10%
6) Sources of islamic jurisprudence - the Qur'an, the Sunnah, ijma' (consensus), and qiyas (analogy).
5%
7) invitation to read the quran and biography of Muhammad (saw). refer them some books, encyclopedia etc.

Kakorot

:wasalam:

It's really good what your doing, may Allaah bless you sister :)

I think you should add some quotations from the Qur'aan, where applicable. For example, like you can say 'What is the purpose of our lives?' or 'Why are we here on this earth?'. Then you can quote from the Qur'aan and say like 'God Almighty states in His last testament, the holy Qur'aan: "And I (Allaah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone). (Qur'aan, chapter 51, verse 56)."'

I would say, emphasize about Tawheed, as this is essential when giving da'wah. Compared to other religions, Islam is more clear and straightforward about the belief in One God. Maybe quote some verses where Allaah mentions that he is one God, or just give references.

And you see how you mentioned that the Qur'aan has not been changed, since the day it was revealed etc, you can get an ayah from the Qur'aan, where Allaah says Himself that He will preserve the Qur'aan. Also, you can add that Allaah challenges people that if they doubt in the Qur'aan, then they should produce something the like of it, although at the same time, Allaah informs them that they will not be able to do so. (Qur'aan, chapter 2, verses 23 and 24). Then you can say how many people in the past tried to write something 'better' than the Qur'aan but failed and ended up embracing Islam themselves.

Maybe you can mention some of the miracles of the Qur'aan. E.g. "He has let loosed the two seas (the salt water and the sweet) meeting together. Between them is a barrier which none of them can transgress. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny? (Qur'aan, chapter 55, verses 19-21). Then state that this is a fact, which scientists have discovered, whilst it was mentioned 1400 years ago, to an illiterate man, Prophet Muhammad :saw2: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). How was he supposed to know this? At a time where there was no science or technology? Maybe give like three examples of miracles of the Qur'aan and mention that there are many more miracles etc.

You know where you asked as to why many Christians have embraced Islam, show an example. Like Yusuf Estes was a Christian preacher and he embraced Islam, so maybe you can get a quote from him and other reverts that are well known, like Siraj Wahhaj and Bilal Phillips etc.

Basically sister, whenever you mention anything, back it up with evidence and examples. I think also it shouldn't be too lengthy because then people may lose interest. Then at the end, urge them to get a translation of the Qur'aan.

I hope that helped sister :)

Dr.Khan

I think you should start off with being a bit informal and more on the comedy side. Start of with "What is Islam? 4 wives whaat?! terrorists whaat?! suicide bombing whaat?! extremists whaat?! oppress women whaat?! and many more of the fairy tales you have probably heard.." After this make your lecture or whatever and give a small time to sort out these misunderstandings about Islam.

I think that by being so formal you are going to bore the listeners unless they are VERY interested in Islam because it seems monotone.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
I think you should start off with being a bit informal and more on the comedy side. Start of with "What is Islam? 4 wives whaat?! terrorists whaat?! suicide bombing whaat?! extremists whaat?! oppress women whaat?! and many more of the fairy tales you have probably heard.." After this make your lecture or whatever and give a small time to sort out these misunderstandings about Islam.

I think that by being so formal you are going to bore the listeners unless they are VERY interested in Islam because it seems monotone.
As-salaamu'alaykum

*Thumbs up*

Wassalaam

revert2007

Love Fishing

It sounds a bit sarcastic yet I love it :)

Valerie

Excellent suggestions everyone has given... I would definitely take a more informal attitude toward it, not being disrespectful, but I know from personal experience if it were started with saying non-believers, I'd probably not read any farther.

I'm going to go through this bit by bit just because I'm a bit out of it right now and my brain can't process the whole picture :)

As others have stated, I think it would be a great idea to throw out some statistics right near the beginning. "Despite negative press, Islam has is one of the fastest growing religions in the world, with (country name) growing by (number of muslims) in the last (number of years)." If someone has something to wonder about, they'll keep reading.

Maybe if you could find a quote from someone (scholar? revert?) that shows how they came to Islam because it is a religion that appeals to people's reason and intellect.

Then show some examples... Some of the scientific proofs given. Also, this would be a good place to introduce that it hasn't been changed, translated or been given creative change by anyone.

I would probably say don't even bring other religions into the article. People get defensive easily. If you give them information, and they have the chance to think about it, they'll be more likely to listen.

Maybe even clear up some misconceptions... One big one I think would be to explain that Allah (SWT) isn't just the God to Muslims, but he is the God of Jews and Christians also, and that Muslims are dedicated only to God... I think a lot of people have these misconceptions that keep them from wanting to learn more. Oh, also maybe information about Islam and peace. When people lose their misconceptions, they'll want to know more. I know I did.

Sorry if this was random. You'd think as a former Journalist, my writing wouldn't be so bad :)

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

I also agree that they shouldn't be addressed as non-believers in this particular piece. However, I wouldn't go as far as calling them brothers/sisters either. The two can easily be avoided. Contrary to some advise given here, I wouldn't even mention Islamophobia. You are calling to them, when you see the term Islamohphobia, it's usually a complaint...

Since you're engaging in da`wah, recall that the best of da`wah was given by the Prophets. The Prophets began with tawheed, so begin with it. People accept Islaam due to its true, monotheistic nature.

As further advice, you could look at how other people/organisations write da`wah pamphlets.

Dr.Khan

btw i did a survey on tti about reverts to islam. there were only a few entries but it seemed fairly obvious that quran, tawheed and rationality of Islam is what attracted the vast majority of people to our deen. Keep those 3 aspects in mind when writing the article and you cant go wrong.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67972

really now? I never knew that. The Shi'a population is growing very fast and their minds simply cannot be governed with العقلانية (rationality)

1) They whips their skin with metal and fire. هذا العقلاني
2) Money by the millions are being spent on the dead. هذا العقلاني
3) Claiming that that there's a person (12th Imaam) who is absent for thousands of years and in his name, the fifth's of people's wealth are being taken. هذا العقلاني
4) Raising the picture of al-Hussain رضي الله أنه , and imagining him as the Christians imagine the Virgin Mariam .(عليها السلام)
هذا العقلاني

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
:salam2:

I hope that all are doing fine.

InshAllah our university will be having an Islamic conference. It's kinda a da'wa conference telling non-muslims about Islam. MashAllah! I'm so happy that it's gonna happen so I told them that i'll be distributing papers of a short article I wrote calling non-muslims to Islam.

I would really appreciate if you read it and tell me how I can make it better. And is it actually sutible for such conference being distributed to profesers and teachers?

As Salaamu Alaikhum sister, r u n revert 2 Islam? if so, give them ur story 2 Islam. i have found that alot of people had the same questions of their former faith that i had and once i explained my journey to the siratul- mustaqeen it made a difference... for a couple it was enuf 4 them 2 embrace Islam 4 others it got them 2 at least seek more hikmah.
May ALLAH make it easy 4 u and bless ur efforts. ASA

al-muslimah

Peace be upon to you all.

I can't believe the fact that I didn't reply to this thread and thank you before. I guess at that time I had exams and did not have time. I'm deeply sorry as I just knew about this thread now.

I would like to thank each single member who spent time replying to my thread. The replies were amazing as you gave excellent suggestions. I really felt how stupid I am by some of the points I gave in the article and specially starting the article with 'oh non-believers', seriously that was the worst part. Alhamdulilah you guys guided me. Statistics, stories of reverts, tawheed in Islam, scientific facts, rationality of Islam, quotations and many other suggestions are fantastic as I'll put them in consideration.

As you know the term has finished and this event did not occur because lack of time. No worries InshAllah we'll have it next semester.

Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart and Jazakum Allahu Khayran!

Your sister,