How can we forget about the Orphans???

Muslim Brother1

THE ORPHANS:
--------------

There is no doubt Islam is the true religion of Allah - Recall: Allah says in the Qur'an: " Indeed! The (true) religion in the sight of Allah is Islam…"
Islam is the true religion of Allah who is the most merciful (Rahman). He says in the Qur'an: "…In deed My Mercy embraces all things…"

The pure and true religion of Allah ordered its member to have mercy and to be merciful towards all creatures of Allah. In this regard our prophet Muhammed s.a.v said:

Like this it is asked from believers to be adorned with mercy, and to deal with kindness towards one and other. Especially toward those who are in need of mercy!

The orphans are among those who need mercy and they ask from us to deal with them in good way!. Our religion shows a great deal of sympathy for orphans. We see and understand that clearly when we look at the Qur' an we will see that the word "orphan" is mentioned 23 times in 12 different forms in 12 different surah.

Before I start to recite some of these ayat, I want to mention to you that our beloved prophet Muhammed sav. was an orphan, his father died before his birth. And his mother died when he was still a child. Therefore his uncle Abu Talib took care of him. We have to remember that Allah s.w.t. protected him, raised him and trained him properly. In this regard Allah says:
" Did He not find you (O Muhammed) an orphan and give you refuge?"
at the same time the prophet s.a.w. said.:
" Allah, trained me, and He perfected His training on me."

From this ayat we understand that the orphans need refuge and we should support them with any kind of help and merciful act…

Now I want to mention some ayat that teach us how to deal with orphans, their wealth, and with their goods. Allah s.w.t says:
" And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve…"
And remember that! It is big sins to use the wealth of orphans for your selves or for your family unjustly. In this regard Allah s.w.t. Says:
"…And do not eat it up by either spending extravagantly or in haste, fearing that they would grow up…" and also Says:
" Verily those who unjustly eat up the wealth of orphans, eat up a fire into their bodies, they shall be thrown into the burning fire of hell."

We as a Muslim should deal like this with the property of orphans, in the same time Allah s.w.t. Teach us that when we should give them their property back!

" Test the orphans until they rich the age of married; then if you find them of sound judgement in them, deliver to them their property…"

Islam is not only give interesting to the property of orphans but Islam forbid definitely despising the orphans and bad dealing with them.
Allah s.w.t. Says in the Qur'an:

" Therefore, treat not the orphans with oppression."
Also Allah s.w.t. informed us that bad dealing with orphans give bad result in this regard Allah says:

" As for man, when his Lord test him by giving him honor and gifts, then he says: my Lord has honored me.
But whenever He tests him by straitening his means of life, he says; my Lord has humiliated me.
No! But you do not honor the orphan. you tried not with kindness and generosity.(you neither tread them well, nor give them their exact right that they should have.)

In surah El Maun Allah says:
" Have you seen the one who disbelieve in Islam?
It is he who harshly repels orphans."

Beside all of this, Allah has ordered us to take care of the orphans in every aspeck of our life. The folloving is a short summary.

1- To be kind to the orphans:
" Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents, near of kin and orphans…"
2- To offer charity to the orphans:
" It is not righteousness that you turn your faces towards east or west, but it is righteousness is to believe in Allah, and the Last Day, and the angels and the book and the messenger and to spend your wealth, in spite of love for it to the near of kin and orphans…"

3- To be just with orphans:
"…And that you stand firm for justice to orphans…"

We have to remember that one of the reasons for the curse of Allah upon the children of Israel, was because they promised to be kind to the orphans and then they turned back from their commitment. In this regard Allah says:
" And (remember) when We took a covenant from the children of Israel, (saying) : worship none but Allah and be dutiful and good to parents, and to near kin and to orphans and the poor and speak good to people and perform salat and give zekat. Then you slid back except a few of you while you are backsliders."

Also we have to remember that Allah reminded us of a beautiful story in the Qurán about Ali and his wife Fatimah the daughter of prophet Muhammed s.a.w. They deprived themselves from the food of iftar for the sake of Allah to feed the needy, orphan and the captive. Allah says:
" And they feed, (for love of Allah) from the food that they most love, the needy, orphan and captive. (Saying) we feed you for the sake of Allah alone, we wish for no reward, nor thanks from you."

Reference: http://www.hafizonline.com/makale_ing/orphans.htm

Lets take care of the Orphans for Allah's sake, and this is another way of being next to our beloved Prophet (PBUH)..... Lets not forget them inshallah....

Wa salam alykom wa rahmatoh allahi wa barakatoh...