HOW DO YOU ADDRESS YOUR PARENTS ???

warda A

Sister
aaaawwwww sister..i wish i can make myself do that (i'm not a very huggy-show-love-to-others-type-of-person..i feel weird about touching others..hehe)..and what country are you from?..it really warms my heart when I know other arabs..my family interacts only with 3 families (1 is not even arab..they're kurdish) in the city we live in..so i miss being around a lot of arabs :hijabi:
wa alaikum assalam

:salam2:
am yemeni, but we have been doing that since i cannot remember when , but since we were really tinny. you can start now and you will feel warm:wasalam:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
am yemeni, but we have been doing that since i cannot remember when , but since we were really tinny. you can start now and you will feel warm:wasalam:

Just want to add.
Sister , there is always a start to everything. I remember my mum hug me when i got my exam results . Once you get used to it, you will feel like hugging ,for your case, not only your parents but your sisters in islam. Trust me, you are going to love it and thats the point when you feel the beauty of brotherhood or sisterhood.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
mashallah ukhti!
tsharrafna wallahi!

I guess I can..with little things like hug them and all..especially since Eid is just around the corner :D

wa alaikum assalam

warda A

Sister
mashallah ukhti!
tsharrafna wallahi!

I guess I can..with little things like hug them and all..especially since Eid is just around the corner :D

wa alaikum assalam

am glad to hear that, you will feel ok after all they are your parents you wont feel awkward inshallah
keep us posted
have a nice day
:wasalam:

q8penpals

Salam

My parents are Ma and Dad.

My husband called his dad baba, and his mother and both his step-mothers mama.

I called my father in law Baba Taqi (baba + his name), and my mother-in laws are Mama Seham, Mama Faiza, and Mama Noura

L

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Salaam,

I call my mom "madar jaan" in Farsi. The "jaan" or pronouced 'john' is used as a form of respect and kindness after saying a name. Unfortunately, my dad passed away when I was young. May Allah swt forgive him and grant him Jannah. Ameen.

Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

I am quite shocked that you are Afghan. I could have never thought that you were. Masha Allah.

I call my Dear Mother, Mor Jaan and my Dear Dad, Dada Jaan. Its Pashto.

Masha Allah there are so many pakistani and Urdu/Hindi Speakers on this Forum. I am quite surprised. Alhamdulillah anyways.

Aameen Brother, May Allah grant him Jannat ul Firdaus Insha Allah. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

zahrany

MAY~u~B~HPPI~!4EVER!
:salam2: i call my mom ( hooyo) and i call my dad ( aabo)
i luv them so so much
may allah grant them a place in paradice insha'allah:tti_sister:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
I call my father 'Ab-bu"
and my mother "Am-ma"

That is how most Bangali people adress their parents. There are varitions of it such as.
Fther is : Abbu, Abba, Baba,
Mom : Ummi, Ammi, Amma, Ma,

You know waht's surprising Koreans address their father as "abba or abbu" and mother as "amma" or something similar.

:wasalam:

assalamualaikum..i address them as mama and dada!!! neway which ever way we may address them we hav to adress to them respectfully..pls remember to be patient with them!!!

malickabrother

save Palestine!
I call my mother mere or yaye or nene and my dad who passed away(May Allah rest his soul?Ameen),i should call him baye or papa.