How does Salah make you feel

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Salam alaikum everyone

I am doing a paper on the benefits of salah and I just want to know how does salah make you feel. does it bring closer to Allah, does it warm your heart. do you cried during doing salah. or do you feel like it is waste of time . Please respone back to my thread it would greatly help in my presentation on the benefits and beauties behind salah

user expired!

asalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

I find especially when i need to hand in a project and i have a couple hours left, That 10 minute break of Salah helps me to focus and allows me to relax and i feel much more confident after salah.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
fell relaxed alhamdullelah
i cant sleep if i missed out 1 salah.. just cant .. keep thinking of wats consiquence ...lol
salah brings us more closer to Allah ..and further from shaitaan..<<stchoopid idiot .. i hate yuu sooo much .. 1 day im gona kill him .. Grrrr.. im tallking to shaitan lol
waslam

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
yeah I feel you all on that...especially shaitan ugh he irates me but thanks so far this really going to help if i can give more then my point of view

muslimguy

:salam2: sister

I wrote a paper about "Islamic Ethics and Values in Preventing of Emotional Disorders " for my psychology class and I touched a little bit on the subject of salat, here is a paragraph from my paper about salat.

Salat, or Prayer which differs from the way performed by other faiths, is another factor in preventing stress and emotional disorders. A Muslim submits to his Lord five times a day in a private conversation with recitation from the Quran, words of remembrance and supplications. This act of Salat breaks the daily stress that result from the routine that a person goes through in our every day life. Furthermore, it creates a connection between the person and God; by which the former ascent above the materialistic life and head toward the purification of the soul and its tranquility. Moreover, humans become more involved in the throngs of this world and Salat saves them and put them in front of the reality that there is something greater than the enjoyment of this life. Then, they realize that this life could not have been created, just so the person can live a life of uselessness; however, there is a much greater purpose for that (Al-Sadlan 36).
“Seek help through Sabr and Salat” (Quran 2:45). This instruction from Allah provides Muslims with two important tools that can ease our worries and pain. Patience and prayer are two oft-neglected stress busters. Sabr is often translated as patience but it is not just that. It includes self-control, perseverance, endurance, and a focused struggle to achieve one’s goal. Unlike patience, which implies resignation, the concept of Sabr includes a duty to remain steadfast to achieve your goals despite all odds.

:salam2:

sal12

I enjoy praying salah but sometimes when my iman is low i don't really feel like praying but i pray coz i know i have to. on those days i dont concentrate hard enough like i should astaghfirullah. i dont think that's from the shaytan i think thats me coz usually im quite good in fighting the shaytan during prayer alhamdulillah when i try hard to. however even when my iman is stronger, if i miss a prayer, for some reason this doesnt make me feel that bad and i HATE feeling like that. i know it's because my iman isn't THAT strong, and maybe shaytaan plays a role in it too but i am quite a lazy person so that's more of cause for my weak iman astaghfirullah. has anyone else felt like this before about salah but changed for the better? i like this thread!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
I enjoy praying salah but sometimes when my iman is low i don't really feel like praying but i pray coz i know i have to. on those days i dont concentrate hard enough like i should astaghfirullah. i dont think that's from the shaytan i think thats me coz usually im quite good in fighting the shaytan during prayer alhamdulillah when i try hard to. however even when my iman is stronger, if i miss a prayer, for some reason this doesnt make me feel that bad and i HATE feeling like that. i know it's because my iman isn't THAT strong, and maybe shaytaan plays a role in it too but i am quite a lazy person so that's more of cause for my weak iman astaghfirullah. has anyone else felt like this before about salah but changed for the better? i like this thread!
that WAS me !!! alhamdullelah
im betta now....
now i find it very hard to miss a sallah ..altho im working on waking up early ... to pray fajr
astagfer Allah, i always miss it .. but i used to always pray fajr .. but dunno wat happened ..i pray it when i wake up ..
thers an advice if u wana wake up read surat Al-nabi
starts.. amana arrasulo bema onzela elihe min rabihee,walmo2menoona..... etc... hope u recognise it

Tueluz

I love praying fajr salat, you feel good, i know theres no excuse to miss it, but its like you made an acievement,praying in jamat, and the worser the weather conditions are the more i wanna go to the mosque:salah:

OsMaN_93

Here to help
"Salat is actually one of the reasons many converted to Islam. It's a form of worship that muslims believe has been given to us by God, and that has been perfectly preserved. I guess I have never asked why we pray - it is just something that seems natural to me, that we praise the Most High, the One who created us. That's what I went looking for in a religion.One of the things I love about salat is that it's an intimate conversation with God that we have 5 times a day.

Imam Muslim reported that the prophet Muhammad (saws) declare that God had said: I have divided the prayer into two halves between My servant, and My servant and Me will receive what he asks. When the servant says: "Praise is to Allah, the Lord of the universe", Allah the Most High says: "My servant has praised Me." And when he (the servant) says:" The Most Compassionate, the Merciful", Allah the Most High says: "My servant has lauded Me." And when he (the servant) says:" Master of the Day of Judgment," He remarks: "My servant has glorified Me," and sometimes He would say: "My servant entrusted (his affairs) to Me." And when he (the worshipper) says: "(You) we do worship and of (You) we do ask help," He (Allah) says: "This is between My servant, and My servant and Me will receive what he asks for." Then, when he (the worshipper) says: "Guide us to the straight path, the path of those to whom you have bestowed your Gracious, not (the way) of those who earned Your anger, nor of those who went astray." He (Allah) says: "This is for My servant, and My servant will receive what he asked for."

Abu Bakr bin Abdullah al Muzani said: “Who is like you, O son of Adam? Whenever you wish, you use water to make Ablution, go to the place for worship and thus enter the presence of your Lord (i.e. start praying) without a translator/barrier or a barrier between you and Him!” [Al Bidayah wa an Nihayah 9/256]

Praying 5 times a day has a lot of benefits for me - it is a reprieve from the helter skelter of the day, where I can take a break and focus on God. It also brings me back to God several times a day, and reminds me of Him, so that my life can be focused around Him. Salat is also a chance to wipe away our sins and to refocus our dedication to God. God gives us this great chance 5 times a day.

Abu Hurairahu (ra) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (saws) saying, “Say, if there were a river at the door of one of you in which he takes a bath five times a day, would any soiling remain on him?” They replied, “No soiling would left on him.” He (saws) said, ” That is the five Salat. Allah obliterates all sins as a result of performing them.”[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spiritually, it makes you a better person in this life and prepares you in the Hereafter.
Medically, the blood goes to your brain and eases the blood circulation in your body especially during the Sujood or prostration.
Philosophically, it makes you realize that by praying, you would value knowledge more as Islam encourages the learning.
Socially, it helps you gather with other Muslims and discuss about many issues as you interact more with the people of your faith.
Scientifically, as I told you, it helps the blood circulation (it would surprise you that a person who does not prostrate or Sujood would act abnormally because of the lack of blood in the brain by just a few mililitres).
Economically, it improves your way of life which makes you more eager for success which leads you to a better standard of life, which makes you have enough in life.
In simplicity, it helps you appreciate the beauty of Islam. It is Islam. It is what separates an non-believer from a Muslim. It is the pillar of Islam.

Five prayers or Salat are the like the pillars of a house. It grows strong if all of them are cared for. It grows weak if one of the pillars are not cared for. It falls down if the pillar is not strenghten with faith

wasalam.
hope dat helps inshalah!!!:)

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
Mash'allah yall really are writing some beautiful things about salat and I just have so many to choose from now...Barakallah um feek

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Prayer keeps my mind focused, keeps me grounded and brings me closer to my Lord. I look foward to the next prayer right after the next one. During my cycle is the worst when I have no choice but not to pray, it's the worst time for me but it also help me to be more patient, Alhamdullilah!! Salaat is a blessing and something to be cherished.:blackhijab:

liaa

well.. .. i'm a lazy person too.. so this makees me pray harder !, i had to confess it . i know that not prayinng because i prefer to sleep or do smth elsee is sooo soo bad !! and it's one of the biggest sins to lose ur prayerss ...i fell guilty, hope to recover them on day inshallah!
p.s. even if i pray harder and not very often, when i pray i really fell better, i can be very very sad, but after praying i have a big smile on my face , and i fell like life is not soo soo hard after all , and obeying Allah(swt) is more important than obeying who know's what teacher from school.!

arsenalace

to allah i turn....
well i think salaah does bring u closer 2 allah taala ure connection seems 2 get stronger wiv allah taala also as the prophet s.a.w has stated salah is de coolness of my eyes dat is so true if u fulfill ure 5 times daily salah wiv full sincerity u surely gain peace n safety n also blessings 4rm de almighty

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Salam alaikum everyone

I am doing a paper on the benefits of salah and I just want to know how does salah make you feel. does it bring closer to Allah, does it warm your heart. do you cried during doing salah. or do you feel like it is waste of time . Please respone back to my thread it would greatly help in my presentation on the benefits and beauties behind salah

I feel good during Salah. I feel I am closer to Allah (SWT). And since Allah saya “Seek help through Sabr and Salat” (Quran 2:45) we all should seek help that way.
My only concern is the concentration. Some times I concentrate but many times I get distracted and then I feel bad about it. Is there is any one here who can easily concentrate during Salah? Please let me know about your experience and also how you do it ?
:wasalam:

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
Salah makes everyone feel different it makes me happy personally specially after a long sujud or prostration because it is the only time ure closest to Allah. may allah increase our iman

nizar83

selemu aleikum

i love this thread..

indeed salaah makes me feel very calm, secure..and it brings me closer to allah subhana wa ta3ala.

whenever i finish praying..its like i redownloaded the best software there is...and i try to do the best i can in my every deed!

salaah reminds us to remind god...taqie allah..beware of allah subhana wa ta3ala

surely we will never be able to do allah subhana wa ta3ala justice ..but we keep trying our best...knowing allah subhana wa ta3ala is the all seeing...and all hearing al rahmaan..al rahiem!!

does anyone know if there has already been a thread on prayer..i mean a complete thread on prayer....the sunnah of the profet salalahu wa3alayhi wasalam in prayer...the preferred suraahs to recite during the various prayers...the extra prayers you can do before and after one of the 5 obligaory prayers..

i hope to get answer on this soon

wa selemu aleikum!

sal12

Prayer keeps my mind focused, keeps me grounded and brings me closer to my Lord. I look foward to the next prayer right after the next one. During my cycle is the worst when I have no choice but not to pray, it's the worst time for me but it also help me to be more patient, Alhamdullilah!! Salaat is a blessing and something to be cherished.:blackhijab:

masha'allah masha'allah! u know i felt the exact same way for about 2 months up until a month ago and since then i dont feel this way at all! that was the 1st time i felt like that and i loved it. now i think coz of my laziness that feeling has gone but i know that talking about it will bring it back insha'allah! i just hope it stays permanently! it's not just prayer im having difficulty with. sometimes i commit such bad sins and i know im doing it, it's just at the moment i dont care about doing it and then after i feel guilty but then i know the guilt isnt a good thing coz i knew at the time what i was doing was bad. i dont want to say what it was coz we're not really supposed to tell people about our bad deeds. also i sometimes feel that im not sincere towards Allah and that really really worries me!!!!!!!!! why am i so flippin lazy and bad?! it really frustrates me!

sal12

I feel good during Salah. I feel I am closer to Allah (SWT). And since Allah saya “Seek help through Sabr and Salat” (Quran 2:45) we all should seek help that way.
My only concern is the concentration. Some times I concentrate but many times I get distracted and then I feel bad about it. Is there is any one here who can easily concentrate during Salah? Please let me know about your experience and also how you do it ?
:wasalam:

i used to find it difficult to concentrate in salah but about 3 months ago i finally knew how to concentrate. recently up until about a month ago ive been really lazy so when i pray astaghfirullah i cant be bothered concentrating that hard may Allah forgive me!! (i just felt i had to tell u that so that im not being hypocritical when im giving u tips on how to concentrate in salah).

anyway what i do is i just try really hard to think about the day of judgement coz thats 1 thing i fear a lot! so i just try to imagine that in my prayer and i imagine Allahs throne and the Prophet's and fire and the different people running and crying and begging and basically the torment of that day but I also imagine being happy on that day and sooooo grateful to Allah because wallah thats what we will be if insha'allah Allah saves us from the Fire and Allah is pleased with us insha'allah!

I also remember that our prayers are gonna be the 1st most important deed so I remember that I have to make the prayer worthy and that my prayers aren't a waste of time and are not going to be against me on the day of judgement. i think about death and i imagine myself in the grave with the 2 angels questioning me. and i imagine hell and heaven too. i also imagne Allah in front of me and watching me pray so i have to do it well. i dont think about all of these in one prayer but any of these are what i think of in order to concentrate.

ive also found that whenever i feel i have increased in sin, that i become lazy thus not able to concentrate or feel my salah.

may Allah make me stronger to feel good in salah again before it's too late astaghfirullah!

hope this helped insha'allah!

sal12

i forgot to mention that when my iman is weak i find it extra difficult to wake up for fajr. on these days i sometimes dont even hear my alarm clock or my alarm clock has actually not gone off! weird innit? when my iman is strong i hear my alarm and i wake up alhamdulillah.

ma'asalama