How long do you take to finish reading quran ?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
You mean the whole Qur'an? Slow reciter like me may take a year or so to finish it. I read Qur'an on average one or two page daily, sometime I do skip so that's why I take a year. On the other hand, my sheikh told me to focus on quality reading i.e. read with proper tajweed and tarteel, and understand the meaning from the translation and also referring to the tafseer book. I find he was right, some ppl finish reading few times a year, if they understand what he/she was reading alhamdulillah.

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
Well i used to be able to finish 1 chapter in about 2 hours each day but sadly less than half the time the teacher actually looked at what i was reading :(

Usually its divided into 30-40 pages, try doing 10 pages a day and then build it up along the way

I find that the same phrases in Arabic come often so after reading a few chapters you'l be great at reading it because many of the sounds and phrases are similar and you'l read faster.

But remember its not how fast your reading is, its your Accuracy

Lookingforlight

Slave of Allah
Depends, in Ramadan I go really fast so that I can finish it within that month but throughout the rest of the year I read very small portions daily.

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
I wish I could read arabic !!
but unfortunatly not all of us can. So I read english translation and it does me well for the time being. I read a surah a day and if it's short i'll read another. I don't really limit myself on reading Allah's words. take care my brothers and sisters
salam alaikum

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah
Well. i can recite one chapter in half an hour. There are 30chapters. so in Ramazan i recite one chapter daily. so i could finish it that month. other days very small portion of it.

Wassalaam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
some scholars say that atleast u must try to finish 2 Qurans a year.

eg. 1 in ramadan and other in remaining 11 months.

its not very difficult to finish one in 6 months.....if there are 10 pages in one part....recite 2 pages daily.

1 part in 5 days
6 parts in 1 month
whole Quran in 5 months. inshallah

may Allah help us all. Ameen

allah rakkah lav

i love allah alone
some scholars say that atleast u must try to finish 2 Qurans a year.

eg. 1 in ramadan and other in remaining 11 months.

its not very difficult to finish one in 6 months.....if there are 10 pages in one part....recite 2 pages daily.

1 part in 5 days
6 parts in 1 month
whole Quran in 5 months. inshallah

may Allah help us all. Ameen

thx 4 d idea for reciting quran bro

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
:salam2: i've become very bad i'm taking ages for me to finish now before it wasn't a problem but now im not fluent anymore there i've memorised different parts of the Qur'an,
make du'a for me i really want to be a hafidh before i die

allah rakkah lav

i love allah alone
:salam2: i've become very bad i'm taking ages for me to finish now before it wasn't a problem but now im not fluent anymore there i've memorised different parts of the Qur'an,
make du'a for me i really want to be a hafidh before i die

sure swordofallah
i make dua for u
allah 'l bless all of us
ameen