how many islamic scholars do u know

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdie

aslamu aleikmu this game is to see if u can name at least one islamic scholar.

i will go frist

muhammad ibn isma'il ibn ibrahim ibn al-mughira ibn bardizbah al-bukhari

i found this scholar in a hadith

sometimes u can call him al-bukhari

u go next

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Here is the name of one of the most reliable and renowned scholar, Imam Muslim. His full name was,
Abul Husayn Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj Qushayri al-Nisaburi

Ma'assalaam

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Shaikh, the Muhaddith, Muhammad Ibn 'Abdillaah Ibn Ahmad As-Somaalee.[/FONT]

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

The Noble Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen Rahimahullaah.

Walaykum Salaam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
what actually makes someone a scholar?
For that brother, a person isn't considered a Scolar until his Sheikh agrees that he is one (graduating in other words) and also until the people agree that he is one.

And a person cannot become an Alim or have that title if he does not have a teacher (a Sheikh).

I know some, and these are my Favorite Allamahs and Alims:

Ibn Al Qayyim

Ibn Al Taymiyyah (Abu Abbas Al Islam)

Al Qurtubi

Ibn Katheer

May Allah Ta Alla have mercy on them, Ameen.

Islam4lyf said:
shakh muhammed zakariya

That isn't the one who made the Deviated book Fada'eel Ammal, is it Baji?

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
From our time...

Allama Ehsaan Elaahi Zaheer Rahimahullah from Pakistaan...He was killed while giving speech (May Allah grant him the status of Shaheed...Ameen)

He had written a book refuting Qadyaanis while he was still studying in Madeenah University.

He asked Shaykh Bin Bazz Rahimahullah if he can write that he was graduate from Islamic University of Madeenah because there was possiblility that he might fail the exams.

Shaykh Bin Baaz replied that "If you fail, we will close the gates of the University"

reference --> http://www.salafimanhaj.com/ebook.php?ebook=56

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
That isn't the one who made the Deviated book Fada'eel Ammal, is it Baji?

As-salaamu `alaykum.

That is Muhammad Zakariyyah Kandhalawi or something. And yes I believe that's him. Anyhow, I wouldn't list him as a scholar of Islaam, as Islaam is the Sunnah and the Sunnah is Islaam. However he was an open caller to bid`ah.

Shahzad

Al-Kashimiri, i would not like to argue with u as u need a lot to learn first, before calling that pious person, a non scholar.

I wonder if ibn-e-baaz was a true scholar him self ?

Why didnt he resist when saudi govt. was making perpetual islamic calendar?

We all know that islamic months depend upon moon but in saudi arab, they have fixed calendar that is it doesnt matter if they see moon or not, islamic months will start and end on a fix date.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Al-Kashimiri, i would not like to argue with u as u need a lot to learn first, before calling that pious person, a non scholar.

I wonder if ibn-e-baaz was a true scholar him self ?

Why didnt he resist when saudi govt. was making perpetual islamic calendar?

We all know that islamic months depend upon moon but in saudi arab, they have fixed calendar that is it doesnt matter if they see moon or not, islamic months will start and end on a fix date.

Akhi, I didn't call him a non-scholar, I made clear that I wouldn't list him a scholar of Islaam or the Sunnah. Possessing the knowledge he did, one may consider him a scholar, but his call was in opposition to the sunnah, clearly. You're right, there isn't a need to argue; you're right, I have a lot to learn also, I don't dispute that. However, I think you need to learn to read posts akhi, as I carefully said what I did.

As for Ibn Baaz, the calender etc, then it's just a usual rant that barely deserves attention. He did what he did, and what Saud do in disagreement to him (or any scholar who advises them at that), he can't be blamed for. Blaming Ibn Baaz for this? Questioning his scholarship based on this? What principles do you have!? More importantly, I think you should question the immense bid`ah and shirk in the works of the Deobandis; far more important then the moon sighting.

Was-salaam

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Assalaamu Alaykum

This thread is closed... it seems it will develop into arguments from each other, we dont want conflict to break between members, due to this i have closed the thread.

May Allah aza wa jal reunite us all in goodness ameen

Status
Not open for further replies.