Votes: 4 16.0%
  • more that 30

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • full quran

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

LoveIslam

ALLAH FORGIVE US
:bismillah: assalamualaykum brother and sister it just came in my mind that is would be nice game to know how many surah you know from the Quran know by heart
:wasalam::hijabi:

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2: bros/sis
I memorises more than 10 then i decided to attend a one on one learning with tajweed recitations with a qualified ustazah and it dwindle to 5 :SMILY23::SMILY23: got confused with some of the alphabets pronounciation,, luckily my fatiha and the 3 quls made it .Imagine this is only the juz amma :( :(
my weak letters are
ط ت ص س ا ع ق ك ذ ز
At least now i know all of the tajweed rules still has prob with pronounciation, a bad habit hard to eradicate i guess :SMILY23:

:wasalam: :hijabi:

hambaAllah

:salam2: sis marwa

I dont think so,, just being honest to myself,,cos i used to memorise the juz amma like i memorise some songs that i like , a late bloomer of Islam,,, so the habit i have is hard to eradicate....at times giving myself some light slaps left and right for I keep repeating the same mistakes :SMILY23::SMILY23: cos i think the ustazah dont have the heart to :fighta: an old lady who is trying hard eh ;):) and we have a good laugh tooo. May Allah swt blessed her for her patient with me,,, at times i myself felt like giving up cos i felt sooo silly but to improve i must perservere eh and :inshallah: Allah swt will make it easier for us ,,,the old student n her ustazah :allahuakbar:

:wasalam: :hijabi:

afaf1997

:hijabi: :blackhijab: :salam2: i memorized ,juz amma,juz tabarak ,soorat ibrahiim ,maryam ,kahf,yasiin
please make dua for me to memorize the whole Quran
:ma:

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:salam2:

Im not really sure but around 45 or 50 something. I know alot, i just lost count. INsha Allah i will memorize the whole thing by the end of next year!

samiha

---------
Staff member
That is soo bad .. Nobody dont know full Quran :(

i bet there are some people here who knows the whole Qur'aan. I have removed the fact that the names can be seen. I bet MANY people are not voting because they are embarrased, or do not wish to be proudful or anything.

So... now you are all anonymous... so feel free to vote... :)

:wasalam:

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
I am trying to study Juz Ammah inshallah! I am on surah Naziaat, alhamdullilah!! But I find myself going back to the other suras, because I tend to forget them, :astag: ! My daughter always says "The camel got away" lol!! Its so true that if you dont constantly recite, you will forget, subhanallah!! My daughter is on Juz tabaraak,:ma: (she is 12). We have study time before Isha, and try to study an ayat a week from any suraah, to help us, Alhamdullilah. May Allah help us to study His book, apply it, and may it be an intercessor for us on The Day of Judgement, Ameen!!:tti_sister:
:hijabi:

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
:ma:
I heared once that there are around 9 million hafiz of the whole holy Quran around the world, i don't know if this is accurate but it's not strange!!!

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

I know some cousins of mine, they are only about 7,8,9 yrs old and they know the whole Quran off by heart, and now, they're re-learning it for the second time. They live in Africa, and they start by learning the Quran before starting any 'education', i guess that's not a really bad idea.

hambaAllah

libin

I know some cousins of mine, they are only about 7,8,9 yrs old and they know the whole Quran off by heart, and now, they're re-learning it for the second time

This is the best age to get them to memorised unlike me ,, was taught by my late foster mom how to recite the "muqaddam" the old fashion way,, alpahbet for alphabet,, than the fatah..kasra and dhomma,, then the tanwin then slowly progress to early pages of juz amma.No tajweed was stressed during that time and the mahraj of the alphabet....Now ive rediscovered my deen,,,half a century later,, I decided to better myself and learn the Quran by having a tajweed teacher and it was held at a mosque..The shock i had when I practically mispronounce lots of words so i decided to start fm scratch, that is learning the "Iqra" way base on Rasm Uthmani and as i progress through the pages, she taught me the tajweed too....
Being old now and due to bad pronounciation in early part of life,, i still make lots of mistakes cos this old tongue find it hard to change.. so I am very lucky to be blessed with a very patient ustazah..she encourages me to keep trying althou at times I feel like giving up but why should I?:salah: :tti_sister: Hopefully with her guidance and Allah swt blessing i hope I will improved before i bite the dust :inshallah:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I read Surah Mulk every day after Magrib. If you do this every day, then you will not get any punishments in the grave. I remember when my Sheik told me this but I never cared befoer. Now since I wanted to be a Muttaqun and a better Mumin, I've done so to bring my Islamic pride back to me.

And you can do this from the time between after Magrib and Isha.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
I read Surah Mulk every day after Magrib. If you do this every day, then you will not get any punishments in the grave. I remember when my Sheik told me this but I never cared befoer. Now since I wanted to be a Muttaqun and a better Mumin, I've done so to bring my Islamic pride back to me.

And you can do this from the time between after Magrib and Isha.

I dont think the hadith is rigorously authenticated
but I will encourage you to memorise it...and others

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Following hadiths on Surah Mulk

^^

1. Jabir (RA) narrates that the Prophet :saw did not use to sleep until he recited Alif Lam Mim Sajdah, (Surah 32) and Tabarakallahi biyadihil mulk (Surah 67)
(Tirmidhi)

2. Abu Hurairah (RA) narrates that the Prophet :saw said: Indeed, there is a Surah in the Quran having thirty verses, which intercedes for its reciter until he is forgiven. And that Surah is: Tabarakallahi biyadihil mulk (Surah 67).
(Tirmidhi)

3. Ibn Abbas (RA) narrates that someone, amongst the companions of the Prophet :saw set up his tent over a grave, without realising that it was a grave. Suddenly he heard the person of the grave reciting Surah Mulk, up to its end of the Surah. He came to the Prophet :saw and said: O Rasulullah I set up my tent unknowingly over a grave, and suddenly I heard someone reciting Surah Mulk up to its end. The Prophet :saw said: It is the defender, it is the protector which safeguards him from the Punishment in the grave.
(Tirmidhi)

4. Ibn Masud (RA) narrates that: The torment starts from the side of the feet of a dead man in the grave. The feet say: There is no way for you to come through us, for he used to recite Surah Mulk. Then the torment advances towards him from his chest or the stomach, it says: There is no way for you to come through me, for he used to recite Surah Mulk. Then the torment advances from towards the head. The head says: There is no way for you to come through me, for he used to recite Surah Mulk. (Abdullah ibn Masud says) This Surah prevents the torments of the grave, it was also called Surah Mulk in the Taurat (Torah). He who recites it at night, is indeed blessed with a tremendous reward.
(Mustadrak Hakim)

I don't know how strong these hadiths are. And man, they take long to type up. Salam alaikum.

amyaishazouaoui

It isn't just how many surah you know, it is if you understand them and put them into action.

And to all those brothers and sisters who are trying their best n the small surahs, keep going inshallah. You will get rewarded.

I was trying to explain to a group of students last year how difficult sometimes it is to learn arabic. They were all laughing at me. I told them all that when they get to 20 they should all learn japanese and have the correct pronounciation too......then we will see how easy it is!!!!!!!! And then to go and memorise a book in japanese!!!!!!!
I know Allah makes it easier for us, but all of you who have been given the quran at a young age, be soooo greatful, just imagine how hard it is for us reverts.

Not to mention that there is almost no where and no one for us to go to to help us with our tajweed!!

Ya Allah, make it easy for us to learn the quran and make use of it...ameen:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

I was on surahat al alaq, but then i got baby brain, and forgot some earlier ones a bit, so now im catching up again....all self taught too :(

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine

Many tajweed classes are broadcast on Huda TV and Iqra in English (nilesat). I don't know if these channels cover most of USA and Europe.

hambaAllah

abdallahbilal

Many tajweed classes are broadcast on Huda TV and Iqra in English (nilesat). I don't know if these channels cover most of USA and Europe.

I think u still need a one on one expert teacher for the right mahraj and pronouciation of certain alphabets and combo of alphabets which can only be made or detected by a expert teacher,, i make lots of mistake when it involves the 15 alphabets of إخفاء and lucky i have a ustazah who is sooooooo patient with me, Alhamdulillah

So sister Amyaisha,I pray:salah: :tti_sister: that Allah swt will make it easy for you and u will find a kind,, patient,, understanding,, quran teacher.Ameen