How much bigger is Allah SWT compared to the Universe ?

Mosque51

:salam2:

I watched a documentary about our Universe , And its pretty damn big (universe).

So I wondering If Allah SWT or Prophet Mohammed PBUH ever said about how big is Allah SWT. So pls anyone ?

I know this may sound like a silly question to ask ....But I want to know

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
assalam alaikum, i can't tell you, and I am sure brother no one can.
hmm what I do know though is , his "throne" / "footstool" extends over the heavens and the earth. So just try to immagine :S but brother at the end of the day Allah ta'ala knows best, and these questions just can confuse you because Allah is greater then what ever our immaginations can come up with.
anyways assalamu alaikum wa ramatullah.

a_stranger

I watched a documentary about our Universe , And its pretty damn big (universe).

So I wondering If Allah SWT or Prophet Mohammed PBUH ever said about how big is Allah SWT. So pls anyone ?

عن زيد بن أسلم ، عنه .

أخرجه أبوالشيخ في " العظمة " ( 2 / 587 / 31 ) من طريق أصبغ بن الفرج ، قال : سمعت عبدالرحمن بن زيد بن أسلم ، يقول عن أبيه : إن رسول الله – صلى الله عليه وسلم – قال : " ما السموات السبع في الكرسي إلا كدراهم سبعة ألقيت في ترس " ، قال ابن زيد : فقال أبوذر – رضي الله عنه – عن النبي – صلى الله عليه وسلم – : " ما الكرسي في العرش إلا كحلقة من حديد ألقيت بين ظهري فلاة من الأرض
حديث منقطع

I think this hadith gives an idea if someone can translate it.

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

imagine a vast and huge desert. now imagine a ring. that ring is like the whole universe, and Allah's throne is like the desert. a ring on a desert is realy very small...

Edited..

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member

salaam alikom

First of I would suggest that you spend your time in memorizing the quran or seeking good knowledge according to what the prophet peace be upon him told us, thinking how Big Allah s.w.t etc might mislead you to things you might be better to stay way, as Satan come to a person and tells him where did you come from, , and where this universe came from, who created you, who created this universe to the point Iblis shay tan will whisper in to your min and heart who created Allah s.w.t then,, Awazo Billah from these thoughts but to answer your question, that why I said spend time in learning Quran and its meanings and you will have all the answers ...

Your answer is in the last verse of Ayat el Kursi verse 255/ surrah al Baqarah

( وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ
وَالأَرْضَ ) والكرسي موضع قدمي الرب سبحانه وتعالى والعرش لا يقدر قدره إلا الله
والكرسي عظيم جدا في غاية الاتساع فالسماوات والأرض ليست إلا كحلقة في صحراء فهذا
هو الكرسي فكيف العرش وما الكرسي في العرش إلا كحلقة في صحراء والله أكبر من الكرسي
ومن السماوات والأرض فاستوى على العرش استواء يليق بعظمته وجلاله

Allah said,
His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth.
Waki' narrated in his Tafsir that Ibn Abbas said, "Kursi is the footstool, and no one is able to give due consideration to [Allah's] Throne." (At-Tabarani 12:39)

Al-Hakim recorded this Hadith in his Mustadrak (Al-Hakim 2:282) from Ibn Abbas who did not relate it to the . Al-Hakim said, "It is Sahih according to the criteria of the Two Sahihs, and they (Al-Bukhari and Muslim) did not record it."

In addition, Ad-Dahhak said that Ibn Abbas said, "If the seven heavens and the seven earths were flattened and laid side by side, they would add up to the size of a ring in a desert, compared to the Kursi." (Ibn Abi Hatim 3:981)

His throne subsumes the heavens and the earth, it is said that His knowledge encompasses them both; it is also said that the kursī (‘throne’) itself subsumes them on account of its vastness, as in the hadīth, ‘The seven heavens compared to the kursī are like seven silver coins lying in a metal shield [of armour]’; the preserving of them, the heavens and the earth, wearies Him not, does not burden Him; He is the Sublime, above His creation by virtue of His subjugation [of them], the Tremendous, the Great

I hope this was helpfull.

Wa salaam alikom

andi kumala dewi

Wa'alaykumsalam Warahmatullah

Actually ur question not detail but I try to answer ur qustion

If ur question about how the shape of Allah Subhanu Wata'ala so we can't say something it's supranatural thing just Allah Subhanu Wata'ala knew it.

But if ur question about power of Allah Subhanu Wata'ala we are limited to Al- Qur'an and sunnah

one example

And He is the Most High, the Most Great (Al Baqarah : 255)

and more, I hope u will read in quran

Mosque51

Brother, you really didn't have anything to say about 3 people who posted you?!

Plus, why on earth you think a page which is supposed to be misleading people from Islam would help you learn about it? :)

I was searching google for an answer to my question and I came across this website by ACCIDENT.

mhamzah

Casting God in the image of man is Anthropomorphism.

Allah swt is beyond human limits of physical comprehension.

Safiyah_

It doesn't matter.. the thing that matters is that He exists and that we can serve Him.
May Allah make it easier for all of us!

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
ummmm I feel that sum is being just a lil to hard on the brother, he asked a question because he wanted an answer, and he was given one a the very best one!!! right from quran, this forum is for asking, and learning. THE cure for IGNORANCE is to ask, and we are here to help not critize, because we dont have an answer. May Allah help us ALL with attaining knowledge and pure hearts, Ameen.

ahmed_elnaggar

"O lord forgive me "
Salamo allikom :

just read verse no. 67 from surat Alzumar:

Allah (SWT) says" They made not a just estimate of Allah such as is due to Him.And in the day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His right hand.Glorified be He,and High be He above all that they associate as partners with Him!"

"ومَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّماوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ "

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
ummmm I feel that sum is being just a lil to hard on the brother, he asked a question because he wanted an answer, and he was given one a the very best one!!! right from quran, this forum is for asking, and learning. THE cure for IGNORANCE is to ask, and we are here to help not critize, because we dont have an answer. May Allah help us ALL with attaining knowledge and pure hearts, Ameen.
:salam2::hijabi:

nicely said sister:jazaak::SMILY139:

weakslave

And to think that the universe is many millions of light-years in dimensions...

Allaah is indeed the Great and the Powerful.

I can tell you how big the hellfire is:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Hell would he brought on that da (the Day of judgment) with seventy thousand bridles and every bridle would be controlled by seventy thousand angels.

Gabriel alhi-Assalaam, as reported by the prophet SAAWS, if he were you to stretch one of his wings, it would cover the sky and the entire horizon. Gabriel AS also destroyed the city of the people of Loot with the tip of his wing.. by lifting the entire city in the sky, then dropping it upside down.

Now imagine a creature of that size, then imagine seventy thousand of them... you can be sure they can move something quite incredible.

Now imagine 4,900,000,000 (almost 5 billion) of them, and what they can actually move. And even with 5 billion angels, they would probably still find difficulty in controlling the Hellfire.

SubhanaAllaah.

Mosque51

Thank you all for your responses.

I Know this question was ..well..silly but I felt the need to ask it.

I hope the responses in this post can increase mine and someone else's Iman InshAllah.

BinKhadija

An Akhu

Thank you all for your responses.

I Know this question was ..well..silly but I felt the need to ask it.

I hope the responses in this post can increase mine and someone else's Iman InshAllah.
If posting here has been of some help to you, brother, that is more than good enough. We're all happy. :)

May Allah guide us all.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Allah (SWT) has given us some information which guide us to have some idea about Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala.

There are several hadiths which tell us that the seven heavens and the earth is surrounded by the Kursi (footstool) and this Kursi in comparison to Allah's Arsh (Throne)is like a ring in a desert.

Then Allah (SWT) also says that the vastness or the length and breath of Jannah will be like the heavans and the earth, meaning that the Paradise will be spread in all over the region we call Universe, plus the other six Universes which we cannot even see. Just this visible universe alone is so big that with the help of most powerful telescopes we can see galexies which are around 10 billion light years away. This universe is considered to be 15 billion years old so let us say its diameter is 15 billion light years. If we consider the other six universes also 15 billion light years wide. That gives us a total of 105 billion light year for the region which will be the Paradise.

The last person coming out of Hell will get a Jannah equal to 10 earths. So the people who will live in the upper levels of Paradise will get many light years of region to themselves.

In a Hadiths Prophet Mohammad has said that the upper levels of Paradise will look like we see planets from earth. Subhan Allah, at that time when planets and stars were considered small little bright objects stuck in the sky, our Prophet gave such a perspective that only in this century we can really appreciate and understand.

So what I am saying is that the people of Paradise will be spread all over the universe, some will be billions of light years away from one another, but according to the Hadith they all will see Allah (SWT) at the same time.

The nearest galexy Andromeda which is only 2 million light years away from us and is 200 thousand light years wide appears as a faint blob, and smaller than moon in size. Any other galexies, we can't even see with naked eyes.

What I am trying to say here is that since all the people of paradise, who will be spread all over the universe will see Allah (SWT) at the same time, it suggest 2 things:
1. Allah (SWT) must be big enough for all of us to see him at the same time.
2. Light must be travelling much faster than it travels in this current universe.

There is a Hadith (which I have heard but I don't have its reference) says something like this:
Allah (SWT) says that He cannot fit in the regions of Heavens and the Earth but He can fit in a believer's heart.

(If anyone have read this hadith then please post here its details.)
Maybe Allah is talking here about his size, but who knows. Only Allah knows the best.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
There is a Hadith (which I have heard but I don't have its reference) says something like this:
Allah (SWT) says that He cannot fit in the regions of Heavens and the Earth but He can fit in a believer's heart.

i think this hadith means about very close relationship with Almighty Allah. its about love.

if a man says to his wife that she lives in his heart. it doesnt mean that she lives physically in his heart. it means love and psychological attachment.

bcoz we muslims MUST firmly believe that Allah is seperated frm His creation. to say that Allah lives in His creation is blasphemy. may Allah save us all.