How the companions of the Prophet reacted?

Hatty

How did the companions of the Prophet reacted to Islamophobia?

:salam2:

I have received the message attached to this post. It is an advice from a friend of mine - I thought I share it with you and I will try to translate it in English. You may agree or disagree with the advice but I think it has a truth in it. Especially, there is a lot of information should not reach ordinary people as they will react emotionally and not logically to this information and this might lead to cause more harm to Islam than good. And Allah knows best.

The message says the following:

The Kuffar (the rejectors) of Quraish ridiculed, insulted, looked down upon, wrote and recited negative poetry about the Prophet s.a.w. In addition, they also threw stones and animal excrement at the Prophet while he was praying and the same treatment was offered to his followers.

Why did not those poems reach us?

Because the companions did not repeat those poems to others and inform their friends and family members about them and nobody learnt those poems by heart. And because of this practice, these poems did not reach us.

Nowadays, a lot of pictures and articles and books etc... which are ridiculing the Islamic faith, the Quran and our beloved Prophet s.a.w. and so forth. Therefore, it is advisable that we follow the example of the companions and their practice - by deleting any pictures that might end up in our mail box, instead of forwarding them to others and make it more public and widespread. Because the objective of the author of that picture is to spread those photos as much as possible.

Allah knows best...

Attachments

• Stop it!.jpg
    Stop it!.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 113

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

You may agree or disagree with the advice but I think it has a truth in it.

wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullah

People may disagree with the message but i completely agree to it. By forwarding we are helping those ignorants.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Agreed 100%. Jazakallah khair!

The prophet of Allaah :saw: said:

"Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say something good or keep quiet." [Bukhari]

ayesha.ansari

Right

right this is the easiest solution. but we so called Muslims have one problem in our self that if we got any bad or nasty thing we feel appreciated to share this with million of people and still thinking of the one who is missed by us. :ma: