How to answer difficulty questions from atheists?

Azmul

Hi, I am new here. The reason I joined this community is because there are many atheist around me and they keep asking difficult questions from me, for which I have no answer. So please can anyone help me out and give me logical answers to my questions?
1. Why Islam didn't abolish the tradition of Slavery?
2. When a slave girl is taken as maal-e-ghanimat, how can a man be allowed to have intercourse with her without her permission? is Islam so biased towards females??
3. Why can a man beat his wife if she is ignorant but a wife can't if her husband is ignorant?
4. Why is Islam against family planning?
5. Why will more women go in hell than men? And why menstruation is considered a cause of deficiency of 'imaan' in women even thought its not the fault of a women to get menses.

I really need logical answers to all these questions.
Thank you.

a_stranger

:salam2:
I shall tell all that I know about those matters:

If we study history we find that slavery was an integral part of societies , just like fatherhood and motherhood. To cancel slavery in one step means that a very large percentage of society will find themselves homeless without any support while they used to be for centuries dependent totally on others what Islam did is to correct the situation in gradual steps:

4:1 (Asad) O MANKIND! Be conscious of your Sustainer, who has created you out of one living entity, and out of it created its mate, and out of the two spread abroad a multitude of men and women. And remain conscious of God, in whose name you demand [your rights] from one another, and of these ties of kinship. Verily, God is ever watchful over you! - *!*!
Translation of the meanings of Quran

This verse makes it clear that all people are equal in the sight of their creator , they were created from one single soul.

Another verse explains that only moral values are important in Islam:

49:13 O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

To be continued inshaAllah.

a_stranger

Dr. Taha Jaber Al- ?Alwani President of the graduate school of Islamic and social sciences and president of the Fiqh council writes this concerning slavery:

*!

"When Allah created human beings, He created them to be free and to be vicegerents on the earth. Slavery is something that came from people who couldn't understand the position of the human being and it was made, in the past, as a global phenomenon.

When Islam came, it tried to bring change to get the human being back to being free, as Allah has created us, by certain procedures. Those procedures of Islam went through without interference from the other nations or states who are non-Muslim states or nations. Maybe within the third century of Hijrah or the migration of the Prophet to Madinah, this phenomenon would have been over and disappeared. But as I mentioned, because it was a global phenomenon, that procedure which was established by Islam couldn't go through and finish with this very bad phenomenon.

Now, al-hamdulillah all people have agreed to stop this phenomenon and stand up against it. With this, there is no way to go back to adopt this phenomenon again in any way, especially for Muslims, since they must protect the freedom of others and always be with their rights to be free servants of Allah only. We should remember when the Caliph `Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) said in a famous khutbah (Speech or sermon) of his, "When did you make the people as slaves or servants of you while Allah, the Almighty, created them free?!"

This means that the Muslims from the very beginning advocated the freedom of all human beings and were against the oppression of free people by tyrants and dictator leaders."

a_stranger

Teachings of Islam

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "When the slave of anyone amongst you prepares food for him and he serves him after having sat close to (and undergoing the hardship of) heat and smoke, he should make him (the slave) sit along with him and make him eat (along with him), and if the food seems to run short, then he should spare some portion for him (from his own share) - (another narrator) Dawud said:" i. e. a morsel or two". 4097. *! (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Oaths (Kitab Al-Aiman), Book 015, Number 4096)"

*!

a_stranger

What he prophet salla Alah alaihi wa sallam taught

*!

Narrated Al-Ma'rur: "At Ar-Rabadha I met Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I asked about the reason for it. He replied, "I abused a person by calling his mother with bad names." The Prophet said to me, 'O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his mother with bad names You still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them.'*! (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Belief, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 29)"

a_stranger

Islam calls to free those in captivity

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari:*! "The Prophet said, "Give food to the hungry, pay a visit to the sick and release (set free) the one in captivity (by paying his ransom)."*! (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Food, Meals, Volume 7, Book 65, Number 286)"

a_stranger

2. When a slave girl is taken as maal-e-ghanimat, how can a man be allowed to have intercourse with her without her permission? is Islam so biased towards females??

If we study Islam we find that it builds a very sensitive kind noble personality in it's follower, no one should harm any other creature , not a human not an ant .....then how can a muslem harm a woman or a girl? .....Islam is very clear and strict not to harm any living soul.....so we should be certain that those women and girls were treated in the best way any human could be treated. Islam starts with building a very high noble morality in it's followers.

a_stranger

3. Why can a man beat his wife if she is ignorant but a wife can't if her husband is ignorant?

Nothing in Islam prevent a woman from beating an ignorant husband if she can ...:D:D....and this beating will help. But she should try other ways before beating . Beating which should be very light is the last solution in Islam , if it will help the situation. Though I think that every woman like to have a strong respectfull husband not a man that can be beaten.

a_stranger

Islam is not against family planning but Islam puts a very big trust in the creator of the worlds , families and children , we should plan and put our trust in Allah subhanahu wa taala.

Azmul

But if a Muslim has killed a girl's father or husband in a war, how can we accept that she would happily live with him and allow to touch her body? Why Islam didn't prohibit men to have extra marital relations?

Azmul

Nothing in Islam prevent a woman from beating an ignorant husband if she can ...:D:D....and this beating will help. But she should try other ways before beating . Beating which should be very light is the last solution in Islam , if it will help the situation. Though I think that every woman like to have a strong respectfull husband not a man that can be beaten.

Sir, if women are allowed to beat an ignorant husband, then can you please mention its reference? Is it a hadith?

a_stranger

5. Why will more women go in hell than men? And why menstruation is considered a cause of deficiency of 'imaan' in women even thought its not the fault of a women to get menses.

Some say that women are more that men in Janna also , because number of women are more than men . Quran make things clear :

مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَنُحْيِيَنَّهُ حَيَاةً طَيِّبَةً وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْرَهُم بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ

16:97 Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.

a_stranger

But if a Muslim has killed a girl's father or husband in a war, how can we accept that she would happily live with him and allow to touch her body? Why Islam didn't prohibit men to have extra marital relations?

Those women and girls will live within a new society , they have their own needs , they will be part of a caring family. If we study the morals of those early believers we understand that in that society no one can be harmed. The feeling of those women and girls were taken into account.

Azmul

Islam is not against family planning but Islam puts a very big trust in the creator of the worlds , families and children , we should plan and put our trust in Allah subhanahu wa taala.

But this argument is very weak if it is put in front of atheist. There is a hadith which prohibits from the act of coitus interruptus. It clearly indicates that any method of contraception is not allowed in Islam.

Azmul

Those women and girls will live within a new society , they have their own needs , they will be part of a caring family. If we study the morals of those early believers we understand that in that society no one can be harmed. The feeling of those women and girls were taken into account.

How can we be so sure that they'll be treated with care? The main issue is that how can a girl allow someone who has killed her husband to touch her? Brother it might be easy to say but keep yourself at a place of a girl and think how can a girl let some stranger, infact a person whom she hates, allow access to her body?

Azmul

Some say that women are more that men in Janna also , because number of women are more than men . Quran make things clear :

مَنْ عَمِلَ صَالِحًا مِّن ذَكَرٍ أَوْ أُنثَى وَهُوَ مُؤْمِنٌ فَلَنُحْيِيَنَّهُ حَيَاةً طَيِّبَةً وَلَنَجْزِيَنَّهُمْ أَجْرَهُم بِأَحْسَنِ مَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ

16:97 Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has Faith, verily, to him will We give a new Life, a life that is good and pure and We will bestow on such their reward according to the best of their actions.

But there is no hadith which says that women will go to jannat more. In addition why a women is held responsible for her weak faith due to menstruation? Its not her fault in it.

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum,

The answers below to your question are my opinions only and may Allah Subhana Wa T'ala forgive me if they are misleading away from the truth.

Slavery has always been with mankind, whether we like it or not some people are blessed more than others and not everybody is equal. It is like a bounty given to you. Equality is a recent concept when people looked away from the laws of God and followed the laws of shaytaan.

Muhsin Khan
He sets forth for you a parable from your ownselves, - Do you have partners among those whom your right hands possess (i.e your slaves) to share as equals in the wealth We have bestowed on you? Whom you fear as you fear each other? Thus do We explain the signs in detail to a people who have sense.
Nay, but those who do wrong follow their own lusts without knowledge, Then who will guide him whom Allah has sent astray? And for such there will be no helpers.

30:28-29

Please provide proof where these situations have occurred.

Only ignorant men beat their wives, no matter what the religion is.

In Islam it is a blessing for a man and wife to have a loving relationship and to have children. Family planning is a recent invention invented to reduce the 'unwanted' pregnancies that happen between unwed young people, as a result of fornication and family planning in fact encourages it.

Narrated Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri:
Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o `Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

Book 6, Hadith 9English reference: Vol. 1, Book 6, Hadith 301
Arabic reference : Book 6, Hadith 305

Having menses does not make a woman deficient in imaan, rather the reason they are not allowed to pray is because menses are deemed as unclean by Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. In fact any bodily discharge is unclean. One has to be pure in body and in spirit to appear before Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala.

a_stranger

Sir, if women are allowed to beat an ignorant husband, then can you please mention its reference? Is it a hadith?

If no verse or Hadith say no to something then it is not haram ,.......... I am not encouraging any one to beat his partner .....man or woman ....if we follow teaching of Islam sincerely then we will enjoy a great love , peace , compassion no need for fighting or beating . Islam teaches people high morality that makes family happy and secure .....all we have to do is to follow the noble teaching .....to love, forgive, forget..........etc. Beating was mentioned to deal with a difficult abnormal case after failing in other ways.

Azmul

If no verse or Hadith say no to something then it is not haram ,.......... I am not encouraging any one to beat his partner .....man or woman ....if we follow teaching of Islam sincerely then we will enjoy a great love , peace , compassion no need for fighting or beating . Islam teaches people high morality that makes family happy and secure .....all we have to do is to follow the noble teaching .....to love, forgive, forget..........etc. Beating was mentioned to deal with a difficult abnormal case after failing in other ways.

I agree, but why is it only mentioned for a man to beat his wife? Isn't it inequality?

Azmul

Please provide proof where these situations have occurred.

Volume 3, Book 46, Number 718:
Narrated Ibn Muhairiz:
I saw Abu Said and asked him about coitus interruptus. Abu Said said, "We went with Allah's
Apostle, in the Ghazwa of Barli Al-Mustaliq and we captured some of the 'Arabs as captives, and the
long separation from our wives was pressing us hard and we wanted to practice coitus interruptus.
We asked Allah's Apostle (whether it was permissible). He said, "It is better for you not to do so. No
soul, (that which Allah has) destined to exist, up to the Day of Resurrection, but will definitely come,
into existence."

Its very clear from this hadith that Holy Prophet hasn't stopped from having sexual intercourse.