How to keep a clean mind?

Oze

:salam2:

Dear brothers & respected sisters

Can i just begin by saying that i mean no offence or harm to anybody or anyone by what i am about to say.. & please forgive me if i have!

I am a young man & i would like to believe that im normal.

The thing is that i have a problem, & this problem is killing me inside, i feel asamed, dirty & sick! I keep trying to overcome my problem & staying focused but all in time i sadly return to my sick habbits.

There are things in life where you cant address & confront them with your loved ones & family. Therefore i hope by coming to this cyber family as an unknown, outsider i feel i can open up & express myself to release my evil habbits with the help & support of my fellow members.

I dont think it is apropiate for me to say what my sick habibts are as yet but i hope & pray that i can overcome my illness. No one can imagine what im going through, i just wanna be a good, honest & practicing muslim without these sickning thoughts i think about. Dont get me wrong i alhumdulilah do pray 5 times a day, do not lie, steal, drink or do any bad wrong things only my secrets that i bring upon myself in my mind!

I guess i do need help, but what kind of help? can someone help somehow? i make dua & inshallah i hope you guys will make dua for me too..

:wasalam:

May allah forgive us, guide us & save us from hellfire.

Your brother in pain

Kayote

First of all, Masha'Allah its good to know that you offer your 5 prayers regularly. Thats most important & Insha'Allah they will be accepted.

With regards to your problem, its totally understandable that you donot wish to disclose it. Remember, only Allah (SHW) is the one who can TRULY help you, pray to Allah (SHW), try to win Allah's (SHW) favours, ask/plead to Allah (SHW).

Also, I highly recommend you recite The Quran & learn the meaning of the prayer (Salah), trust me & I say this from personal experience, it makes the prayers so much more easy, fulfilling & meaningful to ourselves & it also helps dramatically with the concentration Insha'Allah.

Also, try to keep the thought of whatever it is, out of your mind, if you are still failing & find its still out of control, YOU must make efforts to control it. Remember, you have to make the effort & Insha'Allah Allah (SHW) will guide & give you the strenght to fight it.

Also, if its psychological, seek this kind of help as that is just like a desease.

Ofcourse, we are here as your brothers/sisters so read & discuss matters here as well & Insha'Allah that will help you as well.

WaAliekum Assalam

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Check Qu'aran and hadith

I understand your not wanting to list what your problems are. I would like to second Kayote's suggestion that you study Qu'aran and its meaning. Another excellent resource for us is the hadith.
There is a wonderful website www.sunnipath.com. There is a section where you can plug in a question and it will take you to an appropriate hadith. Another good site is www.islamonline.com. You can ask a question, and recieve a response from a scholar online.
Often problems with young unmarried men are carnal in nature. The Phrophet (PBUH) is reported to have said that fasting is a very good response to these issues as it will lower the sexual desire.
By focusing so very much on what your problems are, you actually give them power in your life. You should pray that Allah Ta'alla will refocus your thoughts in a more positive direction. I will add my du'a to yours.

Oze

Refering to..

Also, I highly recommend you recite The Quran & learn the meaning of the prayer (Salah), trust me & I say this from personal experience, it makes the prayers so much more easy, fulfilling & meaningful to ourselves & it also helps dramatically with the concentration Insha'Allah.

What do mean by that? & how can i learn the meaning?

:wasalam:

May allah forgive us, guide us & save us from hellfire!

masaa

how do i become a muslim?

am a 40 year old man and i would like to know if one to be a muslim is necessarily getting an arabic name,going to mosque,greeting asalam aleikum,in otherwords can i be a muslim in acts but sideline rites n rituals?

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler

Insha'Allah, just turn off the idiot box (TV) because that is pure decadence (I hope I spelled that right :SMILY149: ) then read the Qur'an and the story of the Sahabah, and make dua'a. Wake up for Tahajjud, and dedicate everything you do to Allah and may Allah help you Ameen.

sazk

Banned
salam alaikum, the post is 3 years old. please read time stamp before posting.

mr. masaa, can you please define what do you mean by being muslim in acts but "sideline rites and rituals"? thank you