How to memorize Quran

sky_012

Assalam U Alikum

when i want to learn a surah i don't manage to memorize it in arabic until i don't learn it in french by heart first

so it means i learn first in the langage i understand and then in arabic

one person told me it is bad to do so, it should be memorized first in arabic but astagfirullah if i don't understand i don't feel it helps me to memorize only in arabic except that i can read it during prayer

is it true? please can you provide help on this issue (if it is an issue at first place )

muslimummah

Just a brother
:wasalam:

Why don't you memorize both side by side ( ie. 1 ayat in arabic and its meaning in your mother tongue). This way you can pick up some arabic words and their meanings.

After all the true Quran was revealed in arabic. All the translations in other languages is simply a mere interpretation.

ummrayhan

subhanallah

:salam2:
i read your post.
I have hurd this klind of problem before
my friend cannot memorise quran until she does not learn it in english
But it is easy when you do memorise in your language because you fairly know the meaning of what you want to learn. i do hifz, the way i memorise is by listening to the shaykh over and over again before i know it, ive alredy learnt the verse. There are various duas you could read to make it easier for you like;
"Rabbi zidni 3lma"- "O Allah increase my knowledge"
"
Rabbish rahli sadri. wa ya sirly amry. wahlul 3kdatam millisani yafqhu qowly"- "My Lord! Expand for me my breast and make my work easy for me and loosen the knots form my tounge so they may understand my speech"

There are lots more. Inshallah look up prayers for attaining Knowledge.
May Allah SWT make it easy for you inshallah.
All the best
:wasalam:

Irfan raza khan

Assalam U Alikum

when i want to learn a surah i don't manage to memorize it in arabic until i don't learn it in french by heart first

so it means i learn first in the langage i understand and then in arabic

one person told me it is bad to do so, it should be memorized first in arabic but astagfirullah if i don't understand i don't feel it helps me to memorize only in arabic except that i can read it during prayer

is it true? please can you provide help on this issue (if it is an issue at first place )

walaikum assalam

at the time of performing the prayer it is needed that one is to read the Ayats (versus),but there is no problem if u learn first it french,understanding of quran is importent thing,if someone understands arabic then alhamdolillah he can read the holy quran without any translation,but for instance people like me who dont have a very good understanding of arabic,they can read the translation for understanding and try to learn arabic slowly,but at the time of prayer the arabic is to be read,our religion is very beautifull and is easy to follow,

Allah hafiz

Idris16

its best to memorize it in arabic. i have memorize it in arabic and i dont know the meaning of what im reciting. wassalam

mo_j90

the best way to memorise the quran is this; find a reciter who you like i recommend Salah bukhatir, pick the short surahs and just listen to it all the time and as time goes you will learn it and every now and again when you listen to it try and get the transliteration so you can read along with it, this is the most effective way of memorising the quran. my sister whos 5 managed to memorise about the first 20 ayats of surah maryam because my mum used to play it all the time and as time went she memorised it. Hope that helps.:wasalam:

Maryam Sayyidina

I think you should remember both in your mother tongue and in Arabic. Both will help you to reach the meaning of verse that you read during Salah(pray).

A friend of mine tell me that memorize Quran in Ashar time really helpful, and also at two third of night. Also reduce seeing many not proper things such us aurat, bad movies etc.

Good Luck to you and me too that still try hard memorize some verses.