How to perform Tahajjud Prayer ?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

How many rakats does it require ?

What practices that makes this prayer set aside from the fard prayers ?

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Salamz, ok um.. is this Witr prayer before sleep - the one in Isha salah? or is it a whole new thing??

khaleelr1570

Correction

it's like Maqrib, three rakats but in the last Ra'ah you are supossed to read the last three chapters of the Quran(the Khulis)
-An-nas,
-Al-falaq
-Al-Ikhlas

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakathuhu brother!

What ever you have mentioned above, do you have any proof for that from Saheeh Hadeeth?
It is correct that Night prayer is of 2, 2 Rakahs.
But Witr is not like Magrib prayer. You can perform Witr prayer in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 Rakahs. Witr with 3 Rakahs- can perform it in two ways. one is first you perform 2 Rakahs and after Tashahhud , make salam. Then perform single Rakah seperately. The second method is, perform 3 rakahs without making any tashahhud after 2 Rakahs. Only after completing 3 Rakahs you have to sit for Tashahhud.ie with only one Tashahhud.
In 5 Rakahs, After completing 5 Rakahs sit for Tashahhud.(one Tashahhud)
In 7 Rakahs, after completing 6 Rakahs , sit for Tashahhud and after completing 7th Rakah sit for final Tashahhud.(two Tashahhuds)
In 9 Rakah, sit for First Tashahhud after 8 Rakahs , and after completing 9th Rakah sit for final Tashahhud.( Saheeh Muslim)
In 3 rakah Witr , Prophet(Sallallahu Alaihiwasallam) used to recite Surah Aala in first , Surah Kaafiroon in second and Surah Ikhlaas in third, In 3rd Rakah after reciting Qur'aan he used to do Dua-e-Khunooth before going to Rukoo.

This is the information I know by the grace of Allah.
If any body knows further they can share with me.
Allah Haafiz ,wassalamu alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu.

Mohd Khaleel
A brother from India

mayah

may ALLAH reward us JANNNAH if we can perform tahajjud prayer..we can do our witr after isya or before bedtime..once we perform our tahjjud..insyaallah we want to do that again and again..ALLAH will give us a peace and we will miss HIM...INSHAALLLAH

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

please don't give your own explanations, but provide prooves from Qur'an & Sunnah so you are sure you are not making any mistake, insha'Allah

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum dear brother and sister:D
What ever you have mentioned above, do you have any proof for that from Saheeh Hadeeth?
It is correct that Night prayer is of 2, 2 Rakahs.
But Witr is not like Magrib prayer. You can perform Witr prayer in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 Rakahs. Witr with 3 Rakahs- can perform it in two ways. one is first you perform 2 Rakahs and after Tashahhud , make salam. Then perform single Rakah seperately. The second method is, perform 3 rakahs without making any tashahhud after 2 Rakahs. Only after completing 3 Rakahs you have to sit for Tashahhud.ie with only one Tashahhud.
In 5 Rakahs, After completing 5 Rakahs sit for Tashahhud.(one Tashahhud)
In 7 Rakahs, after completing 6 Rakahs , sit for Tashahhud and after completing 7th Rakah sit for final Tashahhud.(two Tashahhuds)
In 9 Rakah, sit for First Tashahhud after 8 Rakahs , and after completing 9th Rakah sit for final Tashahhud.( Saheeh Muslim)
In 3 rakah Witr , Prophet(Sallallahu Alaihiwasallam) used to recite Surah Aala in first , Surah Kaafiroon in second and Surah Ikhlaas in third, In 3rd Rakah after reciting Qur'aan he used to do Dua-e-Khunooth before going to Rukoo.

This is the information I know by the grace of Allah.
If any body knows further they can share with me.
Allah Haafiz ,wassalamu alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakathuhu.
JazakAllah khairan for correcting me, just for your info, I dont have a hadith:( this is how I was taught:) inshaAllah, you have corrected me and I will change the way I pray witr...
please don't give your own explanations, but provide prooves from Qur'an & Sunnah so you are sure you are not making any mistake, insha'Allah
Sister, I was NOT giving my own explanations, please do forgive me, for I only told the brother what I have been taught, you have to know that I too used to pray witr like I told the brother...no need for me to give my own explanatin for iam NOT a scholer!may Allah forgive me if I have made a mistake! and brother I am really sorry for giving you the wrong explanations! I too have learned something from your thread:D jazakaAllah kharian:D
and JazakAllah khairan to the brother who corrected me:D
Allah hafiz now and always:D

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu alikum again:D

have one question:D
Dua-e-Khunooth before going to Rukoo.
what is dua e-khunooth??? can you post it here because I really dont know:D
JazakaAllah khairan for this:D
Allah hafiz now and always:D

Islam!!yay

Praying tahajjud is very confusing!!! can I just pray 2 rakahs all the way till fajr? And can someone tell me how many rakahs do I have to pray for witr prayers?

I'd like somoone to use their own words please

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Praying tahajjud is very confusing!!! can I just pray 2 rakahs all the way till fajr?

Yes, of course. Pls note this is sunnah prayer so don't burden your self.

And can someone tell me how many rakahs do I have to pray for witr prayers?

I'd like somoone to use their own words please

Own words of course, but based on what I've learned. Witr you must do in odd numbers of rakah, example 1, 3, 5 and up to 11 rakahs. Usually I do 3 rakahs, when I'm too tired I just do 1.

Islam!!yay

I want to pray the Tahajjud Prayer in hopes of getting my Dua's answered quicker ....So Im going to ask Allah SWT for more than one Dua ...Can I do that ? I read somewhere that you only ask Allah SWT for only one Dua..Is that True ?