how you all avoid backbiting?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

its sad that such act is taken so lightly by the people. :(

suppose, person ABC is not so good and others backbite against him. person XYZ dont backbite out of fear of Allah but others think that XYZ is favoring ABC and is against all of them.

what should XYZ do in this situation? how all of you avoid backbiting in homes/colleges/offices/etc?

justoneofmillion

:salam2:

its sad that such act is taken so lightly by the people. :(

suppose, person ABC is not so good and others backbite against him. person XYZ dont backbite out of fear of Allah but others think that XYZ is favoring ABC and is against all of them.

what should XYZ do in this situation? how all of you avoid backbiting in homes/colleges/offices/etc?
Wa Aleikumu Assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I try to say everything in the face,it saves time ,energy and sins of backbiting..The side effect is that oftentimes, it might cause some people to dislike it and get you in trouble hehe.Love is tough to take in it's different shades,but sharing truth with someone instead of concealing it from them, is a nuance of love and vice versa.That is what I believe and strive to live by.Keep your head up it is gonna be alright inshallah Akhi May Allah swt keep us focused through our imperfection.

Take care

Wallah Aaalam wa Alla Wa Ahkam.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum,

for you men it's easier !
Alhamdulillah I go to a girl's school but not a day goes by but that you hear "she's so ugly.." or something like that!

It's just the people you hang out with really...

If someone at school tries to talk to me about another girl I try to either change the subject or ignore them. I know these actions might hurt them and they may say "why don't you agree with me I'm your friend" but I would easily reply "if you were the person that you're talking about would you like it?" Therefor you make a point, and even if they don't complain about you not following their footsteps to backbiting, you can say it whiles they're doing it.

By doing this not only will you make them feel guilty but you will also try to prevent them from backbiting again!

I'm probably blabbing but this line always works :"if you were the person that you're talking about would you like it?"
Backbiting is a guilty pleasure I guess.

May Allah forgive us all ! Amin

justoneofmillion

:salam2:One thing also if I may Add ...When you hear somebody backbiting or trying to do it with you, change subject or move on,because know that the person who has this vice and try to do it with you will keep doing it in your absence,making of you their next target then.Just let them know,you are no lab rat to try on..lol.

Keep smiling

Wassalaam Aleikum