Howto be a better son????

croatian/jewconv

slave_of_Allah
es-selaamu aleykum

I am 17 years old and still live at homer. As an obligation from Allaah Most Exalted we are supposed to be good to our parents....
since theres alot of older people on this website.. what would you like your son to do?
and wHAT would make you proud of your son?
thank you and jezakallahu khayr

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
that is soooo cute and sweet. Good boy! Be yourself and do as Allah sw and His Messenger asw ordered you to do and you will be the best son your family could ever wish for.
I personally like it when my brothers help around the house like picking up the dishes, helping in the kitchen etc. I also like it when we talk, when they ask me for advice. I love it when they pray and go the mosque. I also don't mind when they spoil me with gifts.

croatian/jewconv

slave_of_Allah
that is soooo cute and sweet. Good boy! Be yourself and do as Allah sw and His Messenger asw ordered you to do and you will be the best son your family could ever wish for.
I personally like it when my brothers help around the house like picking up the dishes, helping in the kitchen etc. I also like it when we talk, when they ask me for advice. I love it when they pray and go the mosque. I also don't mind when they spoil me with gifts.

thank you .
my mom seems to yell at me for everything and i want to make things better

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Thats very nice of you man, keep up the good work. I really don't get along with my mum, but at least you're trying to make things better, I don't bother coz I know it aint my fault. My mum is the best person to hang out with if you want to practise being a patient person. And my dad is the best person to hang out with if you want to control your anger.

Marwa17

assalamu alikum
DEFINITELY DO THE DISHES!!!
hahaha
personnally, it's always gotten to me how all the guys in my house do is take out the garbage and complain for an hour about it...
just help around the house, you know
let your mom know you love her
actions speak louder than words kinda thing
get her a present maybe?
and dad...just talk to him about sports
except not too much
b/c then it gets hard to make them chill out if you know what i mean (uh, but your a guy, so i guess u'll be fine...lol)
or politics
that always works too
may allah help you and give you the best relationship with your parents
(it's nice to see that some of us remember that one of the great sins is disobeying your parents...it's sad how much we've forgotten...one of the signs of the day of judgment is that the slave will give birth to her master...many scholars have interpreted this to mean that children will control their parents...sadly, we see this going on today...with kids slamming doors in their parents face/cursing them out and etc., wallahi, it's a shame)

Shannonx

:salam2:
lol, I sometimes find it impossible for me to be a better daughter to my parents. I'm so stubborn and I have what my parents call the "Irish attitude". Not good!

binte-AkhlaqAhmd

LoVe AlLaH aLlWaYs..
Assalam u Alykum....

ALHAMDULILLAHHHHH!!!i am a good daughter.....coz yesterday my mother was irritate from my brother n sisters...she was giving negative points to them....n ALHAMDULILLAH she didn't take my name:D
:salam2:

newusman

Muslim
Parents :)

Assalam Alaikum,

Firstly I dont think there is anything wrong with being a homer, you get to the chance of being at your parents service 24/7, Im turning 22 inshAllah soon and Alhamdulillah im a homer, get to talk with them, get their advice (as they have been through all), and have the chance to be at their service.

Dont look at them as a burden, you mum gave you birth and the pain she went through,you can not even imagine and more over you can never pay it back even if you were to carry her on your shoulder and perform Tawaaf.

It might be hard at times, but remember this life is nothing but a test (i hope inshAllah i remember that aswell, it really makes things easy if you think that way.)

InshAllah will post more later, g2g now.
Wa-Salam

I copied the following from " The ideal Muslim"
Something on the status of parents in Islam should be mentioned here:

Allah says, “Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him, and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say, ‘My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.’” [Isra 17: 23-24]

Further Allah says, “Serve Allah and join not any partners with Him, and do good to Parents.” [Nisa 4: 36]

and:

“We have enjoined on man kindness to parents.” [Ankabut 29: 8]

A Hadith: Abdullah ibn Mas’ud said, “I asked the Prophet , ‘Which deed is most liked by Allah?’ He said, ‘Prayer offered on time.’ I asked him, ‘Then what?’ He said, ‘Kindness and respect towards parents.’ I asked him, ‘Then what?’ He said, ‘Jihad for the sake of Allah.’”

safiya_40

asalamu alaykum to all of u

I have a son of your age and i m realy happy for him. I also have 4 other sons 2 of them are realy annoying. The one who is your age tries to follow the sunna of rasululaah salalaahu alayhi wasalim.Weare always in peace. my advice as parent; follow the sunna of rasululaah, go to masjid, read the quran,be kind to your parent, stay away from evil thing