I am a convert please continue to read on..

safaa27

Assalam Alikum,

My name is Dominique also know as Safaa. I am a 21 year old independet person living in Jersey City, NJ USA. I grew up in a Catholic family, I wasn't as so religious because I did not know anything about being Catholic. We go to church every sunday and eat lunch after and that was all. As i moved here to the US it was just me, so I went through alot from moving to California to New Jersey was a big step then I had encounter more issues in my life that I couldn't handle. My life was going down the drain at that point until I met Ahmed, he is now my fiance inshaalllah my soon to be husbund. He talked about Islam alot and me being a open and great listener it brought me closer. He had friends that were muslim and would help me out with my question, I wanted to convert with out Ahmed knowing because I wanted everyone to know that I converted for me and Allah, no one else. Once he had found out he wanted to take me to the mosque and take my shahada. It was a wonderful feeling after my shahada especially all the sister congratulating you. I love being muslim.

I grew up just having my mom around and haing step dad and half sisters and so on. I had recently tried to look for my father that I only have met once in my whole life. He was a major drug dealer and was so into the game he was murderd. It is such a sad story that I waited this long to look for him, he had passed april 24th 2004 I wated for 5 years till I did this and I am really sadden about it. To make things really confusing and sad; my dad was killed by a muslim. When I finally got to talk to my uncle (my dads brother) he said these words that I can never forget "your people killed your father" what can I say to that? My whole dads side despites muslim people because of what happend. I really dont know how to feel about this situation please help me understand more? Thank you for reading this long entry.

Alikum Salaam
-Safaa

:tti_sister:

a_stranger

:salam2:dear sister

AlhamduliAllah for his guidiance and all his uncountable bounties .....:SMILY206::shake::SMILY139::jumpclap::wavyarms::D:SMILY259: this the most wonderful news i have heared today.......may Allah bless you and give you a good understanding of Islam.....I am very sorry for the death of your father but their are millions of muslems ....it is unfair to blame them all for the death of your father Islam consider killing a magor sin .........you uncle should be more logical .......Islam teaches that we should be fair and just

Islam For All

Assalam Alikum,

My name is Dominique also know as Safaa. I am a 21 year old independet person living in Jersey City, NJ USA. I grew up in a Catholic family, I wasn't as so religious because I did not know anything about being Catholic. We go to church every sunday and eat lunch after and that was all. As i moved here to the US it was just me, so I went through alot from moving to California to New Jersey was a big step then I had encounter more issues in my life that I couldn't handle. My life was going down the drain at that point until I met Ahmed, he is now my fiance inshaalllah my soon to be husbund. He talked about Islam alot and me being a open and great listener it brought me closer. He had friends that were muslim and would help me out with my question, I wanted to convert with out Ahmed knowing because I wanted everyone to know that I converted for me and Allah, no one else. Once he had found out he wanted to take me to the mosque and take my shahada. It was a wonderful feeling after my shahada especially all the sister congratulating you. I love being muslim.

I grew up just having my mom around and haing step dad and half sisters and so on. I had recently tried to look for my father that I only have met once in my whole life. He was a major drug dealer and was so into the game he was murderd. It is such a sad story that I waited this long to look for him, he had passed april 24th 2004 I wated for 5 years till I did this and I am really sadden about it. To make things really confusing and sad; my dad was killed by a muslim. When I finally got to talk to my uncle (my dads brother) he said these words that I can never forget "your people killed your father" what can I say to that? My whole dads side despites muslim people because of what happend. I really dont know how to feel about this situation please help me understand more? Thank you for reading this long entry.

Alikum Salaam
-Safaa

:tti_sister:

sister i read your story. it is sad but now i hope every thing is going good in your life and you are living very happily as wife of ahmed. lots of prayers for you both. be proud as muslim and always tried to be a good muslim. :hearts:

bmw540i

:salam2:

Welcome to Islam my sister.I am sorry to hear of the unfortunate news of your father.Some Muslim killed your father,which is sad.On the other hand you met Ahmad who is a good MUSLIM.How are you to reconcile the two ?.

What you need to look at is your father was selling drugs and some Muslim killed him for maybe a deal that went wrong? it could have been a Christian man that could have killed him,what would your family have said then?Would they have blamed Christianity for it or would they have said oh it just another druggie.

Remember drugs have no religion and this case should be viewed as criminal and not as Islamic.

Please forgive me if i have said anything wrong.

Stay in Islam and learn the beauty of the deen,and ask Allah for the strength and the motivation to carry on and look on the bright side.May Allah shower you with love and blessings.

mosabaig

Welcome Dear Sister

:salam2: AssalamO alakum,

As a muslim some time we are tested for our strength of faith in Allah, we are all weak may Allah help us in all tests but when we stay firm on the straight path we are always rewarded trumendously and for many generations. I always pray for that first person who took the path of Islam in my family, InshaAllah you will be a source for other family members to know Islam, our prayers are for you and your family also.