Alhamdulillah I am a muslim: pearl(story) found on the internet

muhammad sabri

As-salam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu,

dear brothers and sisters here is beautiful real story i found on the internet by this sister,enjoy and in sha Allah may it be beneficial:

I Am Muslim
The Power of Du'a
Yesterday, something amazing happened to me. MashaAllah, it is amazing to me but maybe not so for you. My new "rented" driver picked me up from Qur'an school. (I use the word "rented" to distinguish from a hired driver which many Saudi women have so that they can go about a normal life. And I'm not a Saudi) His car is rather old, and suddenly it stopped in the middle of the street. I was nervous, especially more as my daughter is with me too. The streets are always filled with fast cars and wild drivers who are sometimes barely 13 years old! They might not realize our situation and yesterday could have been my last day on earth or worse, I could be handicapped for life. May God protect me, you and our family from this. So the man, had to get out and pushed his car to the curb. I was sitting there feeling conscious about how heavy I could be for him. Nobody stopped to help him push, though they were quite "patient" to wait for him to push it himself. Where is the Small Kindness? (read surah Al-Maun in the Qur'an) I thought of myself sitting there, and my instinct was to help him push. Two reasons stopped me, I was a woman in Saudi Arabia, where women shouldn't be seen out on the street, but inside a car, and I'm less than 120 lbs in weight anyway. I wouldn't have much of an impact! But anyway, he got to the curb, and I started to make du'a or supplicate to God. I recited the verse of the throne (Ayat al-Kursi) and implore for Him to make the engine start, so that I don't have to hail a taxi with a man who could be a human trafficker or a rapist. Then, I remembered the hadith or Prophethic narration about the three men who were stucked in a cave when the rock didn't budge from the entrance. I remembered that they all supplicated to God, and each mentioned a good deed that they did for the sake of God, or a source of repentance for them. I took advantage of my current status as a Qur'an student, and promise God that I would study hard even though I am currently embarassing myself in class with my inadequate memorizing effort and slow retention ability. When, the engine sounds, vroom vroom I felt like I had witnessed a miracle. God forgive me for my heavily "Shirk" (setting up company to God in worship) influence, but it felt like I just raised a magic wand. The truth is of course, God could answer our du'a in a blink of an eye. And this is my fastest du'a that is answered. This kind of occurence happened to many of us in one time or the other. Maybe it happened to you and you didn't supplicate God for help. That is still not a proof that there wasn't something or someone that change the condition of your situation. A stucked engine has a rational explanation. Sometimes, even the key to a door lock gets stucked. I would turn the key twice, thrice, stopped for a moment and do it again. If you are the impatient kind, you would keep turning the key in a rash manner for six, seven times. And suddenly the key would unlock - no du'a, no special intervention; just pure coincidence. Well, nothing is coincidental in this world and in our lives. God says in the Qur'an, "And there is nothing hidden in the heaven and earth but it is in a CLEAR record(book)." Al-Qur'an: An-Naml) The essence of this belief is that God knows and plans everything. Like a leaf that fell to the ground. It is just another leaf to me. To a farmer, it is perhaps a maple leaf. To the botanist, it can mean something more exact in terms of its age etc. But to God, this leaf may be something even more personally known to Him and only due to His unlimited knowledge - perhaps it is the leaf to the 50 billionth maple tree that God planted on earth. "....God has created everything and has measured it exactly according to its due measurement." (Al-Qur'an, Chapter Al-Furqan, v.2 ) Similarly, with the key, it is not coincidental that the 7th turn opens the lock, but God must have determined the shape of the key requires that the opener must turn slightly left while lifting the key up in a nanosecond before turning right, in order to get the rusted old key to do its job. And God knows this. By making du'a or supplication to God, we let God takes control of our hand and drive our effort to fruition. All praise be to God. Dear God, please increase our trust in you, so that we may supplicate to you for the little things to the biggest things in our lives. O God, please help our brothers and sisters around the world, and help us to help them. O God, please descend your Mercy to the Bangladeshis who you tested with the storm. Amin.

wa salam