I am a Muslim woman
So please don't pity me
For God has guided me to truth
And now I'm finally free!

© Copyright 2006 Jenn Zaghloul

aicha-moslima

Salaam alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe

Dear sister Jenn,

Insha'Allah you and your family have a strong imaan and a good health.

Djazak Allahoe Ghair.
Your poem is very very beautiful...macha'Allah. Thank you verry much for sharing it. I visited your site and it looks really great. Thanks. Djazak Allahoe Ghair.

Wa salaamoe alaykoum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhoe
Your sister in Islam, Aicha

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalmau Alaykum Jenn,

thats a beautiful poem. I wish everyone knew how great, precious and free Muslim women are.

puremuslim

Asalamu alaylum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Very well written...may Allah make you able to write more beautiful poems like this one....

w salam..

T

TearfulEyes

Masha Allah beautiful words full of great meaning. Allah reward you for posting it here.

Hajar

Staff member
Assalaam alaykum sis,

MashaAllah thats really a beautiful poem! Jazak'Allah for sharing :)

Wasalam

joepierre

Nice Poem.

Nice Poem Sister.

You are a free woman - Living in America I presume?
Who gave you that freedom and what are you going to do with that freedom? (these are rhetorical).

Will you help your sisters who do not have opportunity to go to college and major in anything? those who are prevented from going to school in the name of Islam? (Afghanistan).
Will you help those sisters who are cheated and abused? - whose punishment for talking to a 12 year old boy is sanctioned gang rape? (Pakistan 2002)
Will you help those women who are not allowed by law to drive their chevys to achieve such a priviledge? (Saudi Arabia)
Will you fight for the rights of women who are not even allowed to work - let alone run their own business? (Afghanistan during Taliban rule, and again now in many parts of the country)
Will you help women acheive equality to any male where they are not considered equal? (Pakistan, 1 male witness = 2 female witnesses in court)

Finally, will you acknowledge that the freedoms and rights you mention and take for granted were fought for - mostly by Christians - to bring them to the country you call home. You are welcome to them. They are for all people.

Food for thought I hope.

Thanks.
JP

samiha

---------
Staff member
Sheesh. ok, i hope nobody minds what I say now, becuz it is truly my opinion.

MEN AND WOMEN WILL NEVER BE EQUAL!!

ok, that being said, I'll prove it. Allah didn't create a man to have children, or have periods. Both men and women have different body structures, modern phsycology says they have diff. ways of learning and mind sets. SO why would you try to make what is not equal equal?

True Islam creates JUSTICE and that's more than EQUALITY (which can never truly be achieved) can do.

my opinion.

T

TearfulEyes

Nice Poem Sister.

Finally, will you acknowledge that the freedoms and rights you mention and take for granted were fought for - mostly by Christians - to bring them to the country you call home. You are welcome to them. They are for all people.

Food for thought I hope.

Thanks.
JP

You are mistaken Mr. JoePierre here. The Christians did not fiught for any freedom. Crusaders invaded to destroy civilizations. Let me give one example, one of the oldest democracies in Europe, Britain, it did not give women the right to own property or even open bank account only in the 1960s!!! On the contrary Muslim civilizations were beacons of fredom for men and women.

seeking_peace1

Your Sister in Islam
Equal but Different!

Assalam-o-Alaikum.

well first up it is a beautiful poem.i wish if could write a poem like this some fine day tough ask!!!!!

then i had like to contribute to what sister samiha wrote.Man and Woman is what Allah swt created,only two genders on the face of planet earth.i've never been able to grasp the logic behind comparing things that in the first place have nothing in common.i mean both are differren from eachother.Allah swt have assigned both their duties and rights accordingly so where's the comparision.whats the status quo issue,they have their own roles to play in this universe according to the teaching of Almighty Allah swt.both are dignified in their roles.

They are equal to eachother in their own capacities and roles.there is no comparision in that.i hope i made my point.

W'Salam.

joepierre

Wrong Data

You are mistaken Mr. JoePierre here. The Christians did not fiught for any freedom. Crusaders invaded to destroy civilizations. Let me give one example, one of the oldest democracies in Europe, Britain, it did not give women the right to own property or even open bank account only in the 1960s!!! On the contrary Muslim civilizations were beacons of fredom for men and women.

TearfulEyes,
The Crusades were not to do with individual freedoms or rights, so they don't prove anyone's point. Unfortunately your example is wrong. Women in Britain could own property and open bank accounts from the 1800's. Please check your source.

To Samiha
You are right about men and women being different, and therefore talk of equality is, of course, somewhat erroneous. I was talking of equality before the law.
Let Islam bring justice! let it bring justice to Pakistan courts!

T

TearfulEyes

JoePierre,

You did not mention your source about women opening bank accounts in 1800's, could you please state the reference?

Please see the link below and scroll to the bottom and read about Sister Jan's story:

http://turntoislam.com/index.php

Thank you

joepierre

Sources

JoePierre,

You did not mention your source about women opening bank accounts in 1800's, could you please state the reference?

Thank you

An act of parliament in England about 1860 prevented women's property from automatically being passed to her husband upon marriage. Single women could own, trade and sell property long before this. I couldn't find a starting date, but the earliest reference I could find to non Muslim women owning and inheriting property was approx 1400BC (3400 years ago). See the Bible, Numbers chapter 36. I guess there weren't banks around then, though :)
For more in depth discussion on women's rights in England between 1600 and 1800 see http://eprints.ouls.ox.ac.uk/archive/00000860/01/Bailey_2002.pdf from Cambridge university press.

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
@ JP

The Muslim sisters in Afghanistan are not allowed to go educaional institutions in the name Of Islam?I believe you are completely wrong in your assumption.Afgani felt liberated during Talibam regime, not Pro American regime.Taliban worked for their betterment.Taliban is not opressor of woman.That is a propoganda to lower the respect fot the people who fight against evil infiltrators.When you talk about violation of women and abusesI would recommend you to look at Western statistics b4 talking about Muslims!The statistics is worst in west than east.Not Giving woman right she deserves is anti-Islamic. Who is more concerned with woman's right?Men or Allah? Of course, Allah!I will fight for their rights.We all will, InshAllah.Woman is equal to man and That is Islamic belief.She is mor intelligent, intellectual and God fearing than man.This is what Islam and science says.

joepierre

where have you been?

This is so far off I don't know where to begin.
First I will acknowledge the liberation that Afghanis first felt when the Taliban ended the civil war. But from then on, they went from disaster to disaster. They were an international embarrassment for Muslims.
Why were women prevented from getting an education beyond 4th grade? (they were till 2001).
Is having a 'department for the elimination of vice and protection of virtue' that employs men to publically beat women who are not properly covered proper according to the Koran?
Is allowing life expectancy of women to plummet protecting and promoting the rights of women? (It fell into the 40s during the Taliban's time. You will also notice that it fell below the level for men - this is a classic indication of very poor maternal health - ie women dying in child birth from lack of basic medical care)
Of course Allah has sister's rights in mind more than men, but I am suggesting the Taliban were not following Allah properly.

omar162

An act of parliament in England about 1860 prevented women's property from automatically being passed to her husband upon marriage. Single women could own, trade and sell property long before this. I couldn't find a starting date, but the earliest reference I could find to non Muslim women owning and inheriting property was approx 1400BC (3400 years ago). See the Bible, Numbers chapter 36. I guess there weren't banks around then, though :)
For more in depth discussion on women's rights in England between 1600 and 1800 see http://eprints.ouls.ox.ac.uk/archive/00000860/01/Bailey_2002.pdf from Cambridge university press.

So Joe, your source is the Bible? Then the crusaders, the inquisition, the holocaust, slavery, colonialism must have been all granted by the Bible, by your theory, that is; but fortunately, your argument is a joke. First of all, In Britain, MEN who didn't own property didn't even get the right to vote in Britain until 1868 when Benjamin Disraeli decided to give some 3 million British MEN the right to vote under pressure from the Liberal movement led by William Gladstone, who still beat Disraeli in the 1868 election, so WOMEN weren't even in the conversation for any rights whatsoever, so Joe pls, pls. Everybody knows that Women DID NOT get any property inheritance and divorce rights until mid 20th century in the West compare to Islam which gave women all of these rights and more 1400 years ago. So please, Joe, educate yourself before you embarrass yourself to the rest of the world.

omar162

This is so far off I don't know where to begin.
First I will acknowledge the liberation that Afghanis first felt when the Taliban ended the civil war. But from then on, they went from disaster to disaster. They were an international embarrassment for Muslims.
Why were women prevented from getting an education beyond 4th grade? (they were till 2001).
Is having a 'department for the elimination of vice and protection of virtue' that employs men to publically beat women who are not properly covered proper according to the Koran?
Is allowing life expectancy of women to plummet protecting and promoting the rights of women? (It fell into the 40s during the Taliban's time. You will also notice that it fell below the level for men - this is a classic indication of very poor maternal health - ie women dying in child birth from lack of basic medical care)
Of course Allah has sister's rights in mind more than men, but I am suggesting the Taliban were not following Allah properly.

Why are you assuming that anyone here is defending the Taliban's action towards women? Everybody knows that the Talibans action toward women weren't Islamic, and if Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) was alive today, he would be disgusted with them as well.