I Am A Muslim Woman

Signs

Nice Poem Sister.

You are a free woman - Living in America I presume?
Who gave you that freedom and what are you going to do with that freedom? (these are rhetorical).

Will you help your sisters who do not have opportunity to go to college and major in anything? those who are prevented from going to school in the name of Islam? (Afghanistan).
Will you help those sisters who are cheated and abused? - whose punishment for talking to a 12 year old boy is sanctioned gang rape? (Pakistan 2002)
Will you help those women who are not allowed by law to drive their chevys to achieve such a priviledge? (Saudi Arabia)
Will you fight for the rights of women who are not even allowed to work - let alone run their own business? (Afghanistan during Taliban rule, and again now in many parts of the country)
Will you help women acheive equality to any male where they are not considered equal? (Pakistan, 1 male witness = 2 female witnesses in court)

Finally, will you acknowledge that the freedoms and rights you mention and take for granted were fought for - mostly by Christians - to bring them to the country you call home. You are welcome to them. They are for all people.

Food for thought I hope.

Thanks.
JP
my dear friend r u muslim or christian regardless of who u r Mankind cannot fight to give you FREEDOM. Only ALLAH {GOD} almighty have given you that which you were born with, mankind is the one who steals or bar's your freedom, other than that everyone is FREE to do what they want in any country on the face of the god's green earth no christian can give you freedom in whatever war they fought is for the countys OWN gain.

R

raul008

ver Good!!

Hello Sister very Very Nice Poem!!! Thanx For Sharing The poem!!

allmuslimsrequal

May peace be with you. A very strong poem, and to the point. I find sometimes that my only opressors are the people who point, stare and ridicule me for wearing my head scarf. I am happy to be a Muslim woman, and I thank Allah for guiding me to Islam. Thanku for your poem.