I Am A Muslim Woman

Imad

Assalamoealaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear brothers and sisters,

Hello Joepierre,

You have to know that our knowledge is limited, because we are Human beings. We cannot know everything. We have to trust on the almighty Allah because He knows everything. We cannot say the woman and man have to be equal in everything. I know there are emotional/biological differences between man and woman, so they can never be equal in everything. an example is pregnancy, woman can get pregnant and man not. The hormonal balances in man and woman are differend. So if Allah says two woman as witness in some particular cases we obey. I do not know everything but i hope the following article which hqs been posted by our brother islamicfadjr will help you to understand a litlebit the isue about two witnesses.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799

thank you

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear brothers and sisters

joepierre

:salam2: all Brothers/Sisters in Islam.
I see that there is a mini-debate against Christianity going on here. If this is in the wrong place, please tell me as I have only seen the past 2 posts and assumed there was a debate going on.

I'd like to contribute with some questions:

1) Why does Paul contradict Jesus?

2) Why is Paul such a sexist (I.E Women should never speak in church)

3) Why do Christians "pick and choose" in the Bible which parts to take literally and which ones to not do so? If it's trully God's Holy Word, wouldn't all understand it equally?

4) How come Christians believe that the Bible is 100% accurate even though the Gospels were written down way after the lives of the Apostles? Even if it was passed down orally and then written, don't you think there would be some corruptions after it was written?

5) Why is there no mention of the Trinity in the Bible? Why would God want to confuse His people as to not mentioning such an earth-shaking belief in His Holy Book?

6) Why, at the Council of Nicea, was the Bible put together? Who's to say that the people (who were Christian humans, BTW) didn't "pick and choose", as modern Christians do, so that the Bible agrees with their theologies?

7) Why did the Council of Nicea ban the Apocalypse of Peter (which, might I add, was written by Peter himself and contradicted current Christian theologies)?

8) How the heck did crucified Jesus "not break a bone in his body" (there's an Old Testament verse saying this I think in Isaiah)? Wouldn't him "not breaking a bone in his body" sugest that he wasn't crucified at all?

9) Why didn't God forgive Adam and Eve (as He did according to the Qur'an)? Why can God forgive me of killing 100 people if I asked, but not forgive a man and woman for eating an apple?

10) "Adam, where art thou?" were the words of God according to the Bible book of Genesis. God is All-Knowing, so why would He ask a question? The same can be asked with the verse: "Woman, why weapest thou?" (which Jesus said according to the Bible).

11) Why do some Christians try and disprove Islam by saying "Allah isn't loving because He doesn't always forgive His servents"? The mere fact that the Christians say that "God will always forgive them of their sins" tells me that God isn't God, seeing as to how He must forgive you of your sins. If He doesn't have to forgive you of your sins, then that attempted Islam rebutal is dead.

12) God is eternal, correct? Then this raises two questions:

12a) If God is eternal, and Jesus is God, then how is Jesus God's son? His begotten son?

12b) If God is eternal, and Jesus is God, then why did Jesus die? If something is eternal, death is not possible.

I'll come up with more later. But, Alhamduallah for these refutals were revealed to me from Allah. I couldn't possibly have come up with these by myself.

Salam,

Thanks for the questions, they are all good. I only have time for a quick reply, but I will do my best to the best of my knowledge:

1. I don't think Paul contradicts Jesus, I think he backs him up and reinforces what he was teaching.

2. I don't think Paul is sexist - please see my earlier postings for more on this including your quote.

3. Some parts of the Bible are easier to understand, but Christians believe it is all God's word, so they do not pick and choose. All passages have to be understood in their correct context, this is not picking and choosing.

4. All four Gospels were written within the life time of the Apostles. MArk was around 60, Matthew and luke within the next 20 years and John last in about the year 90.
At that time (especially for Mark) there were many people alive who remembered Jesus and would have discredited the Gospels if they had written lies.

Written copies of the gospels were made and the originals are lost. However, the gospels were copied then distributed widely, and those copies were copied. There are many copies and fragments (ie hundreds) which survive today that were found all over the mediteranean area before the year 300, and all of these are remarkably similar. This means that very few (if any) corruptions of the text occured because if they had, the copies would be different.

5. The word Trinity is not in the Bible. But the concept is there clearly and God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all affirmed clearly as being God, and being one God. (Christians are not polytheists. Like Muslims, they believe in one true God).

6. Where the Bible was put together, it was a recognition of the books that were widely in use in the church and had Apostolic authorship or connection. The council was not presented with a menu of books that they chose and rejected from. It was more a formalisation process than a selection process.

7. The Apocolypse of Peter was banned because it was clearly not written by the Apostle Peter. It reflects a Gnostic view point. Gnosticism was a heresy that grew up after 200, so Peter could not have written it.

8. There is a verse in Psalms saying none of Jesus' bones were broken. Crucifiction would not neccesarily break your bones. The hands and feet are nailed to the cross. The hand nails normally went in between the bones in the wrist, so they didn't break the hand.

9. The Bible suggests that God did forgive Adam and Eve. Adam taught his sons to worship God, so it is clear he was still a believer.
They still had to suffer consequences for their sin, which is the stuff listed in Genesis 3.

10. Sometimes a person asks another person even if they know, as a way of talking to them. Sometimes I ask my child why they are crying when I already know, so they can tell me and I can comfort them better.

11. Why? I don't know.

12 a. The Bible says Jesus is God come to earth in human form.
He is not a son like you or I have a son. He is a son like a representative, ambassador, yet still God himself.

12 b. The Bible says that Jesus died, His human nature experienced death. God cannot die and Jesus human body was raised up again.

I hope these help clear things up.

I have a question for you: In the Bible verses below, what was Jesus claiming when he said "Son of Man?"

Luke 5:17-25
One day as he [Jesus] was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law, who had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem, were sitting there. And the power of the Lord was present for him to heal the sick.
Some men came carrying a paralytic on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus.
When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.
When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."
The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked, "Why are you thinking these things in your hearts?
Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?
But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." He said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home."
Immediately he stood up in front of them, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God.
(NIV)

Thanks

mistrx

Come as you are..
Hello everybody

About the poem: I love it. I only can say mashallah! This is a very good way to be a good influence and participate with brothers and sisters. Again mashallah.

and some answers for some questions,

Here are some thoughts concerning the questions of Joe Pierre, which may not lead him to the direct light, because of my imperfection, but I felt the duty to write something about it..

The situation in Afghanistan- one of the poorest countries in the world, is very bad. Biggest problems, after poverty, non functioning government, no army, warlords, production of over 90% worlds opium, US occupation, injustice, are of course the role of woman in Afghanistan which is not the best compared to the rest of the world.

” …sisters who do not have opportunity to go to college and major in anything? … in the name of Islam? (Afghanistan).”

Taliban indeed is not the perfect pattern for a Muslim system, but to say that women in Afghanistan are completely prevented of any education is wrong. They seek Islamic education at home, like reading the Quran and learning the Sunnah in the name of ISLAM. It is true that they are prevented to go to public schools (and things are changing nowadays, there a lots of women in Universities), but the way you pose the question is not very clear: Afghanistan is not the only Muslim country in the world and in other Muslim countries women did not have to fight for their rights like in America, where supposedly the Author of this poem lives with all its “advantages” towards women. Do you know who all Muslims respect to be one of the greatest educated scholars of all times? Hz. Aisha, the wife of our beloved Prophet (pbuh). You talk about revolution, emancipation, feminism, women rights, ect: that simply is an illusion. You are not getting a women president in a million years. You never will have a woman priest. Women will always be sexual objects in the western world! They will never earn as much as men do! And they will always remain as consume slaves.

”….rights you mention and take for granted were fought for - mostly by Christians - to bring them to the country you call home”

Christians liberated the women? Just think for yourself, how many women are there in the Vatican who have authority? None.

In Yemen, Malaysia, Maldives, Egypt, Syria… and a lot of other Muslim countries: women are allowed to, own property, drive cars, seek education or divorce by the allowance of ISLAM. And the most important thing is that these advantages were not achieved due a feminist revolution or something alike.

You may say that the bible was misinterpreted for almost two thousand years (what would nobody would believe. At least if you lie to yourself), until in the last centuries where westerners invented more compared to the orient, inventing inter alia lots of ideologies, of which most came to a conclusion that in the civilized world- woman too, must work in the chain of capitalist movement which makes the rich richer and the poor poorer (eventually).

Attacking the weakest and the most non-functioning Muslim country is easy. Yet I could go on and tell you about the past two hundred years until now about American history, (racism, sexism, consumerism, racism...) just to defame you. But I won’t (because that wouldn’t satisfy me).

The weakest superficial argument one could ever bring is: a gang rape sanction in a Muslim country.

” whose punishment for talking to a 12 year old boy is sanctioned gang rape? (Pakistan 2002)”

This is not just weak, this is ugly and disgusting. Such a sanction is not Islamic; it is not even a sanction it’s a heavy crime and has nothing to do with any law codec of Sharia (the Quranic law). So you pick up this cruel event (obviously happened in 2002) and to tell Muslims how they treat women? Either you goggled along to find something (this is a cynic behaviour), where Muslim women are oppressed and found this incident which happened years ago (there you go: either you don’t care that this has nothing to do with the mainstream, or you are satisfied finding an incident like this). If I’d Google around about woman abuse right now, I’d find thousands of incidents happening in all around the world, especially in the western countries. Nobody can tell me gang raping a woman has something to do with any RELIGION. This is a very unlawful act which has nothing to do with Muslims or Pakistan.

Again if women have no permission of driving cars in Saudi Arabia, is this not an argument of how women have fewer rights in Islam. Saudi Arabia is not the only Muslim country in the world. So when 95 per cent of the Muslim countries do allow women to drive cars (chevys), you can not defame Islam (being unfair towards women) , just because of 5 percent (or less) don’t.

“(Pakistan, 1 male witness = 2 female witnesses in court)”

Being witness as a female in an Islamic court? This is a deep issue which only Muslims would understand. Muslim women generally are not feeling oppressed by this restriction, or have inferiority complexes because they have to be two at least so that the judge takes them serious. For example: woman are more emphatic than man, so when somebody is sued and is possibly going to get executed because of this crime, a woman witness may witness for his release.

May God direct you to the right path,

Salim

selam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Salam,
I have a question for you: In the Bible verses below, what was Jesus claiming when he said "Son of Man?"

Luke 5:17-25
One day as he [Jesus] was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law, who had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem, were sitting there. And the power of the Lord was present for him to heal the sick.
Some men came carrying a paralytic on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus.
When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus.
When Jesus saw their faith, he said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven."
The Pharisees and the teachers of the law began thinking to themselves, "Who is this fellow who speaks blasphemy? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
Jesus knew what they were thinking and asked, "Why are you thinking these things in your hearts?
Which is easier: to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'?
But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...." He said to the paralyzed man, "I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home."
Immediately he stood up in front of them, took what he had been lying on and went home praising God.
(NIV)

Thanks

:wasalam:
Thank you for answering my questions.

There are two answers to your question:

1) The Bible is corrupted, and that could've been added in.

2) Who's to say he was claiming anything? He could've been saying "God has granted me power to forgive". Son of Man could be taken literally, which I believe the Bible is to be taken.

msameer

Sheesh. ok, i hope nobody minds what I say now, becuz it is truly my opinion.

MEN AND WOMEN WILL NEVER BE EQUAL!!

ok, that being said, I'll prove it. Allah didn't create a man to have children, or have periods. Both men and women have different body structures, modern phsycology says they have diff. ways of learning and mind sets. SO why would you try to make what is not equal equal?

True Islam creates JUSTICE and that's more than EQUALITY (which can never truly be achieved) can do.

my opinion.

Well, When someone says that in Islam Women and Men are equal, What they mean is that they are equal in the eyes of God! They will be equally judged on their actions, Punished for their sins, and rewarded for their good deeds.

In Islam, Man is not better or superior to a woman in any way. Yes they are different, But being different does not mean that you are not equal.

joepierre

Hello everybody

Here are some thoughts concerning the questions of Joe Pierre,

The situation in Afghanistan- one of the poorest countries in the world, is very bad.

Taliban indeed is not the perfect pattern for a Muslim system, but to say that women in Afghanistan are completely prevented of any education is wrong. They seek Islamic education at home, like reading the Quran

Pretty hard to read the Quran at home if you can't read, isn't it.

The weakest superficial argument one could ever bring is: a gang rape sanction in a Muslim country.

” whose punishment for talking to a 12 year old boy is sanctioned gang rape? (Pakistan 2002)”

This is not just weak, this is ugly and disgusting. Such a sanction is not Islamic; it is not even a sanction it’s a heavy crime and has nothing to do with any law codec of Sharia (the Quranic law). So you pick up this cruel event (obviously happened in 2002) and to tell Muslims how they treat women? Either you goggled along to find something (this is a cynic behaviour), where Muslim women are oppressed and found this incident which happened years ago (there you go: either you don’t care that this has nothing to do with the mainstream, or you are satisfied finding an incident like this). If I’d Google around about woman abuse right now, I’d find thousands of incidents happening in all around the world, especially in the western countries. Nobody can tell me gang raping a woman has something to do with any RELIGION. This is a very unlawful act which has nothing to do with Muslims or Pakistan.

selam

What's ugly and disgusting is how the woman was treated, not the fact that I mention it.
I agree the sanction is not Islamic and was terrible, but it was supported by the local Mullahs who condemn the woman to this day. Therefore it does have to do with Muslims - Muslims who we may agree are wrong.

Remember the MMA (an Islamist Political party in Pakistan) steadfastly opposed the recent law changes about rape in Pakistan. (see earlier post).

I am not googling anything here and I have no interest in muck raking. This part of the world is very close to my heart. I have seen enough of the world to know that life is really really tough for alot of people in all parts of the world, and I am doing what I can to make things better. Part of improving the quality of life for people is to honestly recognise who has contributed to the freedoms and privalidges we enjoy. Islam, of course, has done a lot, but to say that every single good thing in life has come from the hand of Muslims is one eyed.

Thanks,
JP

samiha

---------
Staff member
Well, When someone says that in Islam Women and Men are equal, What they mean is that they are equal in the eyes of God! They will be equally judged on their actions, Punished for their sins, and rewarded for their good deeds.

In Islam, Man is not better or superior to a woman in any way. Yes they are different, But being different does not mean that you are not equal.

:salam2:

lol, I didn't mean it in that sence. I know that reward wise men and women will be judged equally. I meant only that some people who want to smoosh men and women together on all fields and call it equality shouldn't do so. We are shown justice in our lives because of Islam, but that justice doesn't mean that men and women are going to be the same. Men have rights as well as women, but those rights are not going to be the same, they change because we as humans are diff. you can't call a man a woman and call it equal, cuz' a man's not a woman and can never be, we are diff. but beautiful in our differentness.

I hope that made sence. Many times I'm not good at totally expressing myself, but I try, I hope you forgive any shortcomings I may have. :shymuslima1:

mistrx

Come as you are..
Pretty hard to read the Quran at home if you can't read, isn't it.

What's ugly and disgusting is how the woman was treated, not the fact that I mention it.
I agree the sanction is not Islamic and was terrible, but it was supported by the local Mullahs who condemn the woman to this day. Therefore it does have to do with Muslims - Muslims who we may agree are wrong.

Remember the MMA (an Islamist Political party in Pakistan) steadfastly opposed the recent law changes about rape in Pakistan. (see earlier post).

I am not googling anything here and I have no interest in muck raking. This part of the world is very close to my heart. I have seen enough of the world to know that life is really really tough for alot of people in all parts of the world, and I am doing what I can to make things better. Part of improving the quality of life for people is to honestly recognise who has contributed to the freedoms and privalidges we enjoy. Islam, of course, has done a lot, but to say that every single good thing in life has come from the hand of Muslims is one eyed.

Thanks,
JP

salut Pierre,

I am happy that you are not somebody who drops in here with all his prejudices trying to tell muslims how guilty they are of being Muslim.

At first I thought that. :). But as you said that this world is very close to your heart I can understand that you are interested to learn something about it.

I think that you have questions, which I may not capable of answering them, maybe some other brother or sister here will answer them for you.

I can tell you that my religion is perfect. But this does not mean that we as human beings are perfect. Think of all the terrorists acting in the name of Islam, when it has nothing to do with islam what they're doing (I think you know that as much as me). There are lots of incidents (also today), where people act false "in the name of a RELIGION" and you know that it doesn't matter which religion it is.

there was an era where people behaved perfectly according their religion. That was in the time of our beloved Muhammed (pbuh). I suggest you to read something about this.

I am sorry about being rude in the last post.

selam,

salim

omar162

Omar, please don't get mad, we are all friends here right?
My use of the Bible was not to make any logical statements about holocaust or slavery or anything else. I was only referring to it as an early example of women owning property in a non-muslim context. that is all. Any assertion that I support any of the events you mentioned is dishonest of you.
(on a side note, I don't think the Bible does either. If it does, pls show me chapter and verse)

I notice you have also been dishonest with the quote from our sister. She talked about needing her husband to sign the back of a bank cheque. You turned that into a statement that 'women in Britain could not own property' till the 1960s which is not true. It is not good enough to say 'everyone knows'. I asked a western lawyer who studied english law. Here is a reference to Maryland state law (which though is American would have resembled English law at the time).

Hello Again Joe,

First of all, I did not bring the Bible into this discussion; you did, Joe. Secondly, I did not say the Bible supported the Crusaders, Inquisition, slavery, holocaust, and so on: In fact, I was saying the Bible DID NOT support these acts, yet Christians who professed that they're a followers of Jesus were committing these horrible injustices. What I think is dishonest of you is insinuating that Women, either single or married, were given their rights in the West easily. The fact is, women fought for all of their rights in the West - even died for their cause in the process - Emily Davison is one example in Britain. Go study that. Thirdly, you seem to jump from one country's laws to another to support your claims. Last week it was Britain's law. Now your saying the American law was the same as the British? Your right BEFORE 1776, so why would you assume Britain and America had a similar laws after 1776? Joe my friend, I'm a student of history, so please don't bring up all these Grandeur claims about Western Civilization and how great they are. If you want to keep kissing up to Western Civilization, go ahead, but please spare us your incoherent argument and weak judgment.

Mohamed's wife

Muslim for life
Is this Islamic Poetry? or Islamic discussion? Will you pls, Joe, to continue this discussion in Islamic discussion? This is about poetry. Anyway the poetry is beautiful.:hijabi: :ma: thank you for posting the poem.

Miss.R

well but not all muslim women r like tht
here in my country girls wearing niqab n hijab r illeterate, they have no manners, they roam with boys even tho' they wear a HIJAB ! they exhibit indecent n immoral behaviour in public wen with other boys!!, some of dem jus dnt have any knoledge n r illeterate, they do any thing n everything in niqab because no 1 can see dem:girl3:
almost 70% women wearing hijab here r like this which gives a wrong impression of the garment as a whole n the relegion itself!!1
i really feel very sad on looking at this diplorable condition of women in my country...n trying my lvl best at grass root lvl 2 improve it

usman321

I am a Muslim Woman

I am a Muslim woman
Feel free to ask me why
When I walk,
I walk with dignity
When I speak,
I do not lie

I am a Muslim woman
Not all of me you'll see
But what you should appreciate
Is that the choice I make is free

I'm not plagued with depression
I'm neither cheated nor abused
I don't envy other women
And I'm certainly not confused

Note, I speak perfect English
Et un petit peu de Francais aussi
I'm majoring in Linguistics
So you need not speak slowly

I run my own small business
Every cent I earn is mine
I drive my Chevy to school & work
And no, that's not a crime!

You often stare as I walk by
You don't understand my veil
But peace and power I have found
As I am equal to any male!

I am a Muslim woman
So please don't pity me
For God has guided me to truth
And now I'm finally free!

© Copyright 2006 Jenn Zaghloul

SubhanAllah. brilliant poem. :]

newusman

Muslim
EQUALITY OF WITNESSES

Hi Newusman,

Lastly, you haven't yet answered this

"Will you help women acheive equality to any male where they are not considered equal? (Pakistan, 1 male witness = 2 female witnesses in court)"
As far as I know, the recent law change in Pakistan does not change this. Please let me know if it has.
Thanks

EQUALITY OF WITNESSES :arabi1: :hijabi:

Question:

Why are two witnesses who are women, equivalent to only one witness who is a man ?

Answer:

It is not true that two female witnesses are always considered as equal to only one male witness. It is true only in certain cases. There are about five verses in the Qur’an that mention witnesses, without specifying male or female. There is only one verse in the Qur’an, that says two female witnesses are equal to one male witness. This verse is Surah Baqarah, chapter 2 verse 282. This is the longest verse in the Qur’an and deals with financial transactions. It says:

"Oh! ye who believe!
When ye deal with each other,
in transactions involving future obligation
in a fixed period of time
reduce them to writing and get two witnesses
out of your own men and if there are not two men,
then a man and two women, such as ye choose,
for witnesses so that if one of them errs
the other can remind her."
[Al-Qur’an 2:282]

This verse of the Qur’an deals only with financial transactions. In such cases, it is advised to make an agreement in writing between the parties and take two witnesses, preferably both of which should be men only. In case you cannot find two men, then one man and two women would suffice.

For instance, suppose a person wants to undergo an operation for a particular ailment. To confirm the treatment, he would prefer taking references from two qualified surgeons. In case he is unable to find two surgeons, his second option would be one surgeon and two general practitioners who are plain MBBS doctors.

Similarly in financial transactions, two men are preferred. Islam expects men to be the breadwinners of their families. Since financial responsibility is shouldered by men, they are expected to be well versed in financial transactions as compared to women. As a second option, the witness can be one man and two women, so that if one of the women errs the other can remind her. The Arabic word used in the Qur’an is ‘Tazil’ which means ‘confused’ or ‘to err’. Many have wrongly translated this word as ‘to forget’. Thus financial transactions constitute the only case in which two female witnesses are equal to one male witness.

However, some scholars are of the opinion that the feminine attitude can also have an effect on the witness in a murder case. In such circumstances a woman is more terrified as compared to a man. Due to her emotional condition she can get confused. Therefore, according to some jurists, even in cases of murder, two female witnesses are equivalent to one male witness. In all other cases, one female witness is equivalent to one male witness. There are about five verses in the Qur’an which speak about witnesses without specifying man or woman.

While making a will of inheritance, two just persons are required as witnesses. In Surah Maidah chapter 5 verse 106, the Glorious Qur’an says:

"Oh you who believe!
When death approaches any of you,
(take) witnesses among yourself when making bequests."
[Al-Qur’an 5:106]

two just persons of your own (brotherhood)
or other from outside if you are journeying
through the earth and the chance of death befalls you."
[Al-Qur’an 65:2]

Two persons endued with justice in case of talaq.

"Four witnesses are required
in case of charge against chaste women,
[Al-Qur’an 24:4]

There are some scholars who are of the opinion that the rule of two female witnesses equal to one male witness should be applied to all the cases. This cannot be agreed upon because one particular verse of the Qur’an from Surah Noor chapter 24, verse 6 clearly equates one female witness and one male witness:

"And those who launch a charge
against their spouses, and have (in support)
no evidence but their own -
their solitary evidence can be received."
[Al-Qur’an 24:6]

Ayesha (RA) hadith narrated of one witness

Many jurists agree that even one witness of a woman is sufficient for the sighting of the crescent of the moon. Imagine one woman witness is sufficient for one of the pillars of Islam, i.e. fasting and the whole Muslim community of men and women agree and accept her witness! Some jurists say that one witness is required at the beginning of Ramadaan and two witnesses at the end of Ramadaan. It makes no difference whether the witnesses are men or women.

Some incidents require only female witness and that of a male cannot be accepted. For instance, in dealing with the problems of women, while giving the burial bath i.e. ‘ghusl’ to a woman, the witness has to be a woman.

The seeming inequality of male and female witnesses in financial transactions is not due to any inequality of the sexes in Islam. It is only due to the different natures and roles of men and women in society as envisaged by Islam.

newusman

Muslim
To All

Salam.
All of the brothers and sisters who have been posting replies to Joepierre's questions, keep in mind that his questions are not based on any of the teaching of Islam but instead they talk about muslim majority countires and on off incidents in those countries. This is a really common way to indirectly attack Islam by talking about muslim majority countries or any incident over there (and non of the muslim majority countires have proper sharia law), and one of the reasons this is done is because they cant find anything to say against the Quran and Sunnah.Also remember that if they say that they are not attacking Islam then they really wouldnt go to the extent of saying something as absurd as this,
Finally, will you acknowledge that the freedoms and rights you mention and take for granted were fought for - mostly by Christians - to bring them to the country you call home. You are welcome to them. They are for all people.

Just be aware as these poeple tend to lead the argument into circular reasoning. If they want to talk about freedom then there is alot to talk about the ongoing deprivation of freedom in Holland, France, Turkey, USA,UK, etc... Why choose those govts that are long gone????
Think about it...

Just a reminder to my self and the ummah.

YUSUFALI: They say: "Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation)." Say thou: "Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with Allah."

Surah 2 Al Baqarah Part1
41. And believe in what I have sent down (this Quran), confirming that which is with you, [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], and be not the first to disbelieve therein, and buy not with my verses [the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] a small price (i.e. getting a small gain by selling My Verses), and fear Me and Me Alone.
42. And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth [i.e. Muhammad (saw) is Allah's Messenger and his qualities are written in your Scriptures, the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) while you know (the truth)[1].

[1] (V 2:42) Volume 3, Book 34, Number 335:
Narrated Ata bin Yasar:

I met Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As and asked him, "Tell me about the description of Allah's Apostle which is mentioned in Torah (i.e. Old Testament.") He replied, 'Yes. By Allah, he is described in Torah with some of the qualities attributed to him in the Quran as follows:

"O Prophet ! We have sent you as a witness (for Allah's True religion) And a giver of glad tidings (to the faithful believers), And a warner (to the unbelievers) And guardian of the illiterates. You are My slave and My messenger (i.e. Apostle). I have named you "Al-Mutawakkil" (who depends upon Allah). You are neither discourteous, harsh Nor a noise-maker in the markets And you do not do evil to those Who do evil to you, but you deal With them with forgiveness and kindness. Allah will not let him (the Prophet) Die till he makes straight the crooked people by making them say:'La ilaha illallah,' (none has the right to be worshipped but Allah), by which 'blind eyes, deaf ears and closed hearts' will be opened."

If there are any typos then plz do inform me.
:jazaak:

omar162

HTML:
newusman;20797]Salam.
All of the brothers and sisters who have been posting replies to Joepierre's questions, keep in mind that his questions are not based on any of the teaching of Islam but instead they talk about muslim majority countires and on off incidents in those countries. This is a really common way to indirectly attack Islam by talking about muslim majority countries or any incident over there (and non of the muslim majority countires have proper sharia law), and one of the reasons this is done is because they cant find anything to say against the Quran and Sunnah.Also remember that if they say that they are not attacking Islam then they really wouldnt go to the extent of saying something as absurd as this,

Just be aware as these poeple tend to lead the argument into circular reasoning. If they want to talk about freedom then there is alot to talk about the ongoing deprivation of freedom in Holland, France, Turkey, USA,UK, etc... Why choose those govts that are long gone???? 
Think about it...

Salaam,

Br. Newusman, you make an excellent point. I agree with you what Joe Piere has been trying to do all along is what you've just unmasked. It's quite pathetic:salah:

Tahar

Joepierre, go away.

This is one website I have hoped we won't need to keep defending ourselves or justifying our beliefs to people like Joepierre, who are apparently waging their own dirty Jihad of misinformation and distortion against Islam.

We are tired of your hypocrisy rapped as democracy and human-rights. I don't see anything joyful happening in Afghanistan or Iraq. And Islam remains the best alternative to the brutal and corrupt capitalist ideology. Do us a favor, and go away. Your idiotic arguments are useless in here.