I am in desperate need of a job.

Huseyin

As Salamu Alaykum brothers and sisters, my title gives way to what I am about to say.

The story is basically I am 21 years old, missed out on 2 years of Uni so that is not an option here in the UK, I have to pay for the first year if I want to go back. However, to do this I really need a job and the fact is I have been applying like crazy, updated CV, everything and even had a few interviews. The issue with me is that my confidence is next to none and I get really anxious around people, sometimes it gets to a point on a train when I just can't be on there because I feel like people are looking at me. As you can see I have communication issues and if I was to talk to you like this in real life everything would be a stuttering mess to be honest and I really don't know what to do at this point. I have been on job seekers and that is just terrible for like a year now. It gets me by but it doesn't secure my future. So I guess my questions are:

1. What do I do? Where do I start? I have A-levels which are quite good but no experience at all in paid work only 3 work experience placements for 2 weeks or so.
2. How do I get over this anxiety? I hate this and wish it would go away, I can't stand being socially anxious when I know the right words to say in an interview yet I flop.

As a side note, if any of you have anything going at the moment, please let me know, I am willing to work very hard, anything is better than the £200 a month I am getting right now from Job Seekers. I am knowledgeable in quite a few areas such as business, marketing, telesales, IT and Law.

Thank you very much for reading.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah.

So, wait, CV = resume, A-levels = High school, and Job seekers = Government help (unemployment benefit, cash assistance, etc. ), am I right?

At any rate, your issues seem to be very much curable, brother. If you remember, prophet Musaa `alayhissalaam had a speech problem, couldn't talk properly. And Allaah sent him on the biggest mission of his life. He had to go back to Egypt, the place he ran away from, to Fir`awn, the biggest tyrant ever and then practically demand that he hands over banee Israa'eel.
Compare your situation to his. It's a little bit similar, no? But you have your answer in this story. What did Musaa do? He prayed to Allaah `azza wa jall sincerely and asked Him to, "...untie the knot from my tongue. So that they may understand me." (Surat Taaha)

Also make an effort to talk to strangers. Go to the masaajid. Meet new brothers. Just mingle and inshaa'Allaah this anxiety will go away with the Help of Allaah.

I wouldn't recommend seeking professional help, though. Unless you see physical symptoms.
You should definitely use this opportunity to get closer to Allaah with du`aa and salaah.

And keep applying to jobs. May Allaah make a way out for you.

There are many beautiful du`aa the prophet :saw: has taught us that you can recite inshaa'Allaah, such as this.

‘O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.

They can all be found in the Husnul Muslim (Fortress of Muslims).

Huseyin

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah.

So, wait, CV = resume, A-levels = High school, and Job seekers = Government help (unemployment benefit, cash assistance, etc. ), am I right?

At any rate, your issues seem to be very much curable, brother. If you remember, prophet Musaa `alayhissalaam had a speech problem, couldn't talk properly. And Allaah sent hin on the biggest mission of his life. He had to go back to Egypt, the place he ran away from, to Fir`awn, the biggest tyrant ever and then practically demand that he hands over banee Israa'eel.
Compare you situation to his. It's a little bit similar, no? But you have your answer in this story. What did Musaa do? He prayed to Allaah `azza wa jall sincerely and asked Him to, "...untie the knot from my tongue. So that they may understand me." (Surat Taaha)

Also make an effort to talk to strangers. Go to the masaajid. Meet new brothers. Just mingle and inshaa'Allaah this anxiety will go away with the Help of Allaah.

I wouldn't recommend seeking professional help, though. Unless you see physical symptoms.
You should definitely use this opportunity to get closer to Allaah with du`aa and salaah.

And keep applying to jobs. May Allaah will make a way out for you.

There are many beautiful du`aa the prophet :saw: has taught us that you can recite inshaa'Allaah, such as this.

‘O Allaah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant, son of Your maidservant, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You name Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety.

They can all be found in the Husnul Muslim (Fortress of Muslims).

That is correct brother, all those mean that. When you showed me that story, I thought to myself, he had a harder task than me so In shaa Allah I will be able to do this. Truly thank you brother for you have lifted my spirits.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
That is correct brother, all those mean that. When you showed me that story, I thought to myself, he had a harder task than me so In shaa Allah I will be able to do this. Truly thank you brother for you have lifted my spirits.

Assalaamu `alaika warahmatullaah.

I am a sister.

And alhamdulillaah I could be of help to you, brother. That's why we're all here, to help one another for the sake of Allaah.

May Allaah keep us all on the Straight path.

Huseyin

Assalaamu `alaika warahmatullaah.

I am a sister.

And alhamdulillaah I could be of help to you, brother. That's why we're all help, to help one another for the sake of Allaah.

May Allaah keep us all on the Straight path.

Wa alaikum as salam waramatullah he wa barakatuhu,

I am very sorry sister, forgive me for my mistake.

Also, Alhamdulillah and In shaa Allah we never stray from the straight path.

A.Abubaker

You said your good with telesale? have you any experience in direct B2B sales?

Send me your email if you do.

cant guarantee anything though.