I am praying for a righteous husband but nothing has happened

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
The Title: I am praying for a righteous husband but nothing has happened
Language: English
Addition Date: Oct 06,2009
Iftaa : Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid
From issues : http://www.islamqa.com - Islam : Question & Answer Website

Q: I have read many articles on when dua is accepted more (last third of nite, Ramadan etc( I find it very difficult to be patient for my dua to be supplicated, I have been praying for 7 years for marriage with a suitable Muslim partner, but there are no prospects since we live in a place where there no Muslims, how do i maintain patience for something for which i do not see any prospects, thank you so much , i am really worried.

A: Praise be to Allah and blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allah.
We advise you to fear Allah and to bear patiently the thing with which you are being tested, and to have certain faith that with a problem comes a way out and with difficulty comes ease.

It may be better for you to move to a country where there are lots of Muslims, so as increase your chances of marriage to someone who is righteous and pious.

You should not be anxious about a matter that is decreed and written, for you will not get anything other than that which Allah has decreed for you. How many women there are in the Muslim countries who pass the age of thirty and forty without getting married, and there are some who reached this age and then got married.

Du’aa’ is a powerful weapon for those who are able to use it, so pray to Allah and be certain that Allah will respond, and seek the means of having your du’aa’ accepted, such as eating and drinking only things which are good (halaal), and choosing the good times to make du’aa’.

Beware of seeking a speedy response, for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of any one of you will be answered so long as he does not seek to hasten it, and does not say, ‘I made du’aa’ but I had no answer.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 5865; Muslim, 2735, from the hadith of Abu Hurayrah).

Know that a person’s dua’ is never wasted, and it benefits him in all situations, as it says in the hadith which was narrated by al-Tirmidhi from Abu Hurayrah, who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘There is no man who prays to Allah and makes dua’ to Him, and does not receive a response. Either it will be hastened for him in this world, or it will be stored up for him in the Hereafter, so long as he does not pray for something sinful, or to cut the ties of kinship, or seek a speedy response.’ They said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, what does seeking a speedy response mean?’ He said, ‘Saying, “I prayed to my Lord and He did not answer me.”’” (Al-Tirmidhi, 3859; classed as sahih by al-Albaani in Sahih al-Tirmidhi, 852).

Know that if you die chaste and you are a virgin, you will have a great reward with Allah, and whatever you missed out on in this world, you will not miss out in the Hereafter, if you adhere steadfastly to the truth. There is nothing wrong with expressing your wishes to some of your Muslim sisters by mail or e-mail, so that they can help you to find a righteous husband through them.

We ask Allah to grant you a way out soon and to bless you with a righteous husband in whom you will find delight. And Allah is the Source of strength.

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamhouse.com/p/236360

rayray

The Title: I am praying for a righteous husband but nothing has happened
Language: English
Addition Date: Oct 06,2009
Iftaa : Muhammad Salih Al-Munajjid
From issues : http://www.islamqa.com - Islam : Question & Answer Website

Q: I have read many articles on when dua is accepted more (last third of nite, Ramadan etc( I find it very difficult to be patient for my dua to be supplicated, I have been praying for 7 years for marriage with a suitable Muslim partner, but there are no prospects since we live in a place where there no Muslims, how do i maintain patience for something for which i do not see any prospects, thank you so much , i am really worried.

A: Praise be to Allah and blessings and peace be upon the Messenger of Allah.
We advise you to fear Allah and to bear patiently the thing with which you are being tested, and to have certain faith that with a problem comes a way out and with difficulty comes ease.

It may be better for you to move to a country where there are lots of Muslims, so as increase your chances of marriage to someone who is righteous and pious.

You should not be anxious about a matter that is decreed and written, for you will not get anything other than that which Allah has decreed for you. How many women there are in the Muslim countries who pass the age of thirty and forty without getting married, and there are some who reached this age and then got married.

Du’aa’ is a powerful weapon for those who are able to use it, so pray to Allah and be certain that Allah will respond, and seek the means of having your du’aa’ accepted, such as eating and drinking only things which are good (halaal), and choosing the good times to make du’aa’.

Beware of seeking a speedy response, for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of any one of you will be answered so long as he does not seek to hasten it, and does not say, ‘I made du’aa’ but I had no answer.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 5865; Muslim, 2735, from the hadith of Abu Hurayrah).

Know that a person’s dua’ is never wasted, and it benefits him in all situations, as it says in the hadith which was narrated by al-Tirmidhi from Abu Hurayrah, who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘There is no man who prays to Allah and makes dua’ to Him, and does not receive a response. Either it will be hastened for him in this world, or it will be stored up for him in the Hereafter, so long as he does not pray for something sinful, or to cut the ties of kinship, or seek a speedy response.’ They said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, what does seeking a speedy response mean?’ He said, ‘Saying, “I prayed to my Lord and He did not answer me.”’” (Al-Tirmidhi, 3859; classed as sahih by al-Albaani in Sahih al-Tirmidhi, 852).

Know that if you die chaste and you are a virgin, you will have a great reward with Allah, and whatever you missed out on in this world, you will not miss out in the Hereafter, if you adhere steadfastly to the truth. There is nothing wrong with expressing your wishes to some of your Muslim sisters by mail or e-mail, so that they can help you to find a righteous husband through them.

We ask Allah to grant you a way out soon and to bless you with a righteous husband in whom you will find delight. And Allah is the Source of strength.

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamhouse.com/p/236360

Lol sister Aisya! It's one of those posts again huh? hahaha :p :hearts:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweet sisters Allah is True to His Word. Keep up the dua and keep going on.
In the meanwhile life continues and we have such wonderful adventures on our path.
Now, I do disagree with the move to a Muslim country thing to find a husband. When you are an independent single woman at least you can put food on the table for your family by possessing skills to work. And often, due to financial constraints we can't just get up and leave. We have families and responsibilites here. In addition, this is home. This is where I live and love.

And hate to be the one to break the news some of us are not virgins. We have been married before. And the last thing I need to see in heaven is an ex-husband. (Please don't delete this I am just trying to be funny).