I cant sleep at night to well. worried..

Wannabemuslim

Assalam alykum, i have been having this awful patern where i cant sleep untill three am, when i sleep around three i then wake up late at 10 am : ( . This isnt at all healthy for a 13 year old like my self... Sometimes ill be relaxed and start falling asleep but then i think of something i need to do that wakes me up

It started about a month ago and im afraid to try intoxicants or sleeping pills to help me sleep, is there any advise out there to help me go to sleep? Yes i do go outside a fair amount and i try to do yard work,...(other than that im kind of lazy).

I want to get to bed earlier before school starts again in september so i wont have to face school work when i feel like im about to fall over in the middle of the day.....

Aroosak

:wasalam:

That used to happen to me a lot. I would feel tired and ready to sleep but when I was about to fall asleep somehow I would wake up and not be able to sleep for hours. I found out that staying in bed tossing and turning would just make it worst since I would start thinking and thinking and thinking. Other remedies like reading a book did not help much.

However one night I realized that since I am already awake and cannot sleep and is quite late, I should pray tahajjud and earn some benefit. So I started doing that and subhanAllah my body was tired and my soul was at peace. Indeed in the remembrance of Allah souls find peace. So after praying I would sleep good throughout the rest of the night alhamdulillah.

JenGiove

:salam2:

Ok boys, first, at 13 years of age, your body is changing so fast that it causes sleep disturbances...it happens. Sorry. :(

Second, do not take intoxicants <haram anyways> or sleeping pills <not without a doctor's prescription anyways since you ARE so young> and do not perform excersize at night. It acts like a stimulant chemically on your body verses a relaxant.

Solutions? Tea. Simple tea. Chamomile, peppermint, lavender....those are natural teas that induce sleepiness. Use honey and not sugar, just enough to sweeten unless you don't mind the raw taste of herbs. allow the tea to steep till drinkable hot and then just leave it in there...the longer it steeps, the stronger the infusion.

Complex man....I recommend St.John's Wart tea for you since not only does it induce sleepiness but its a mood elevator by stabilizing the chemicals in your brain that control serotonin levels.

HOWEVER, a couple of warnings regarding the St. John's Wart Tea:

-do not use it for longer than 2 weeks at a time
-be careful about going into the sun since it will make you sun sensitive
-do NOT use if you are on blood-thinners or anti-seizure medication. The tea's chemicals are processed my the liver and could counter-act the medication.

friend263

Dear brother i know its very difficult to cope up with such situation but i think the below given sunnah may help you.
1) Do ablution before sleeping. Because it help you to sooth and pressurise those parts of body which stimulate the sleep.
2) Try to sleep early after isha so that if you wake up in between you can pray tahajjud.
3) Sleep either on the back or right side because it helps in proper blood circulation.
4)And once you are on bed the best thing is to recite some duas and ask for forgiveness i bet you if you recite some duas you will sleep within half an hour.
Also drink lukewarm milk with 3spoon of honey. And eat foods like rice, potatoes and any sweet dish in dinner. May Allah help you overcome your problem asap. Rest Allah knows the best.. Remember me in your supplications.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Healthy sleeping pattern is very important for a healthy life,as health is Allah's blessing to us and we should take care of it.
I would suggest maintaining a record like a chart perhaps and plan out your day accordingly.Stick to the plan.
Avoid taking short naps during the day and try to be as productive as you can during the day.Try going to bed as early as possible and avoid useless indulgence like watching telly,late at night.
Try to plan your day in a manner that most of your chores are covered during the day and night is left free as a means to relax as Allah says in the Qur'an::

[He is] the cleaver of daybreak and has made the night for rest and the sun and moon for calculation. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing. Surah Al 'Anam (96)

Try adopt the sunnah way of sleeping like saying the prayers and the position etc.

May Allah help us and guide us.Ameen.

:wasalam:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh
start playing a game insha Allah. football (you call it soccer, eh?), tennis, may be cricket?
even table tennis would do.. Play in the evening between asr and maghrib.. Insha Allah your pattern will change. Make du'aa too.

Until your sleep pattern changes, pray Qiyamul Layl. excellent oppurtunity! *wink*

Wannabemuslim

:salam2: whooah, another thread that got huge, in just like what,7 hours?

Jakaz allah khair for all the advice, i Guess it will change eventually when i go to school and collapse on my desk in the middle of german, (

And yes i do pray tahajjud,

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

If you still have problems with sleeping when your school starts, you maybe could meet nurse at your school (if your country has kind of persons in schools) and tell there your problems of sleeping. They can give you professional advices or if it is needed, ask you to seek help from doctor.

Those tips of drinking herbal tea or warm milk before bed are good too. Also make sure that your bedroom and bed are comfortable; not too cold or too hot. Taking warm shower before going to sleep might help too.

Good night!
bigbed.gif

esperanza

revert of many years
dear sister,,,im not a young person falling asleep at school..but an older person wiht family and responsibilities,,,and icannot sleep,,,its a problem for many months,,,,especially now when oooour eating habits and sleeping habits are changed,,,, ifeel that im never getting quality sleep rarely more than one two hours straight,,,my main problem is getting to sleep and if i wake up falling asleep again

i have tried everything....does anyone have some advice???

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalam alykum, i have been having this awful patern where i cant sleep untill three am, when i sleep around three i then wake up late at 10 am : ( . This isnt at all healthy for a 13 year old like my self... Sometimes ill be relaxed and start falling asleep but then i think of something i need to do that wakes me up

It started about a month ago and im afraid to try intoxicants or sleeping pills to help me sleep, is there any advise out there to help me go to sleep? Yes i do go outside a fair amount and i try to do yard work,...(other than that im kind of lazy).

I want to get to bed earlier before school starts again in september so i wont have to face school work when i feel like im about to fall over in the middle of the day.....

Assalamu alaikum,

13? brother this is natural.....teen years are the craziest years of all times!! I have been in your shoes just few years ago, this crazy pattern of sleep is very common. Your body as well as your brain functioning is changing in a rapid pace. There is gunna be time when you'll actually sleep in class because of the fact that you did not get enough sleep. Say Alhamdulillah that you actually spend your time in a good way (praying Qiyam al-layl). Allah will not let you down and He will insha'Allah make you successful.

Just try to read a lot before you sleep...that helps a little or do something that you love. I am in my late teen early 20s and I still fight with weird sleep patterns...specially during the summer! I sleep very late...and wake up late too. I guess it all depends on what your body can handle.

May Allah make things easy for you....hang on tight! These years are precious....If you spend it on Allah and Islam you're promised a shade on a day there is no shade!! So, smile:SMILY259:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Prasing Allah swt before Sleeping!

:ma:

My suggest for an excellent sleep
is to do zikirullah.
Insya'allah
you'll be relax and be at peace
upon waking up the next early morning~Insya'allah!

:astag:
Keep away from sleeping's tablets!!!
Cuz once you get into it it's difficult to be without it.
So the better do not even thinking of having it.

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Very simple, just keep making thikr/remembering Allah and supplicating. When you do that, shaitan gets annoyed and he will make you feel tired so you could stop remembering Allah, and hence you'll fall asleep! hehe funny stuff

wasalam alikom wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh