I have two questions

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
:salam2:, in a few weeks there is going to be an event for quran, naat, etc. I wanted to immitate my teacher who has an excellent voice. I wanted to know how do they hold there breaths for so long?

My second question is some people during there prayer, when there sitting down for shahadah, they keeps there fingers raised the whole time until salam, is this right?

:salam2:

pcozzy

:salam2:, in a few weeks there is going to be an event for quran, naat, etc. I wanted to immitate my teacher who has an excellent voice. I wanted to know how do they hold there breaths for so long?

My second question is some people during there prayer, when there sitting down for shahadah, they keeps there fingers raised the whole time until salam, is this right?

As for your first question, this can only be accomplished by practice and having the ayah memorized. When you have it memorized you will know when to take short breaths, or when you make a madd(elongation) you can take breath or when you have a pause. The best way is to learn the ayah and repeat it out loud with the assistance of a teacher. Later on when you become better in understanding of how to recite you will manage to even recite many small surahs with one breath. Just be patient, the time will come, Allah willing.

As for your second question, there is difference to school of thought(madhab), that some follow. That is why you will see difference. As for myself, I changed what I was taught once I learned from a scholars teaching that it was the way the rasool PBUH did it. I found of great value the works of scholar Sheik Al-bani, rihma Allah, http://abdurrahman.org/salah/prophetsPrayerAlbaani/index.htm

I suggest you talk to an imam at your mosque and ask about it personally for they will be better in explaining.

:wasalam: