I need help setting up a software program

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikim,

Dear brothers and sisters I need help in setting up a software system for discussion boards. I know there is free software but I have some questions. Please give me pointers.

helpinghumanity

Assalaam walaikim,

Dear brothers and sisters I need help in setting up a software system for discussion boards. I know there is free software but I have some questions. Please give me pointers.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah,

Feel free to inform me your needs.

I will be more than happy to assist you in two ways.
1) Personally controlling and using your computer.
2) provide your with sets of instructions.

Which one is better for you?

strive-may-i

Assalaam walaikim,

Walaikum salaam,

Aapa, is it for the school? Appears like you are getting busier, Hope it turn out a better thing for you. And, let me tell you, thats Impressive!

I managed to gather the questions that will give the pointers. If you have answers for these questions, then yup, you can hunt for the right software to get the job done.

As usual, since you are the one shopping here, you should preferably be clear on what you are trying to achieve. Where, who is is using? What they are using it for, and how many would be using it. The "how to build this the system" comes later.
A discussion board for an office, School, NGO? How do you expect people to use this software system? Is it a temporary discussion board or a permanent one? Should it be available to whole world, or is limited to an organization say a school or office? The discussion board is it a website? Would one computer host software (called server)? To participate in the discussion board, would members connect to this server over network using their browsers?

Some of these questions might really be dumb, I have little clue. Maybe talking to BrotherInHumanity would help you!

Good Luck...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Thank you brothers. Helpinghumanity, I will send you a PM, please.

No, brother the questions are not dumb. I need a simple system for the girls to be able to use; do I want it world wide.why not. But my computers are old; we have connectivity issues which makes no sense as the building was originally a computer learning center. All my students have computers; at home. Do I want a perpetual system. It could be. I would need to discuss that with my administrator.

My purpose is to have the girls exposed to becoming proficient in computer skills. This is a way of going green. I just want to be able to post assignments and they discuss boring topics I pick. Plus, have a blackboard.

The computers are ancient and I have issues so I will make dua that Allah subhana taala give you ajar.

Jazaak Allahu Kharin for taking the time to respond to me.

helpinghumanity

Assalaam walaikum,

Thank you brothers. Helpinghumanity, I will send you a PM, please.

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah,

You are welcome aapa. Feel free to send it any time. My PM inbox is free and accepts all incoming words ..

No, brother the questions are not dumb. I need a simple system for the girls to be able to use; do I want it world wide.why not. But my computers are old; we have connectivity issues which makes no sense as the building was originally a computer learning center. All my students have computers; at home. Do I want a perpetual system. It could be. I would need to discuss that with my administrator.

My purpose is to have the girls exposed to becoming proficient in computer skills. This is a way of going green. I just want to be able to post assignments and they discuss boring topics I pick. Plus, have a blackboard.

The computers are ancient and I have issues so I will make dua that Allah subhana taala give you ajar.

Jazaak Allahu Kharin for taking the time to respond to me.

From the above paragraphs, I say you do not need any software to get the job done.

You can simply rely on Google docs. I work with NYC-Department of Education IT Services. Currently I am supervising the tech department at Intermediate School 204Q (IS204Q). Almost every teachers is using Google docs and so far it has been working great..

Its all free, easy to use and reliable.