i need help

sister06

:salam2: borthers and sisters,
i am new to this forum and i hope its free for me to write this msg.

i am 16 year old young muslim girl who faces the awful dilemmas that western cultures throw at muslim youngsters.
many of my friends are getting into the "having a boyfriend" situation which is asthgfur-allah very wrong. my closest friend announced to me that she has found herself a boyfriend. i told her the cosequences of this form our religion which made her think.

however i need help from all u sisters and brothers to give me quotes form the prophet :saw: stating the consequences of taking part in such an bad sin!!
my aim is to make her change her mind. pls help me...i have searching the internet for hours for such quotes but i cant so u i seek for your help!!!1

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah, welcome to the site sister.

Its OK, feel free to write Questions, post threads and comments..

InshaAllah I will do my best to help you out with this.

Its haram for anyone to have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. your friend should be careful and protect herself. As Muslims we must keep ourself pure and not get into any such relationships before marriage. It can really ruin her life if she was involved in such a friendship with the opposite gender.

This is because the Prophet (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "A man must never be alone with a woman unless there is someone who is a Mahram with them." (Agreed upon in Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree and Saheeh Muslim.)

He (Sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) also said, "A man must never be alone with a woman, for verily the Satan is their third." (At-Tirmithee and Ahmad).

In Islam, Love comes after marriage. Marriages are arranged according to the qualities, character and personality of the other person. The person is judged on what they truly have, rather than an intangible feeling that could blur a person's vision of what the reality is.

Here are some previous discussions on this topic:

This one is about "True Love":
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214

mr. ok

Dear Sister06

May i ask you what "religion" or faith she belongs to? if she doesnt belong to any "religion" or faith then i suggest you enlighten her with Islam. However if she belongs to any other "religion" neither than Islam, then i suggest you try to convince her through what she believes (bible, buddism, zionism etc).

If she is a christian then tell her what the bible has to say about fornication. If her "religion" has nothing to say about this situation (problem) then i suggest you enlighten her with Islam. I hope this post was helpful. May Allah give her Hadayat.

May ALLAH guide us all to the right path and keep us on that path. AMEEN!

Mr. Ok

sister06

:salam2: brothers and sisters
thank you for you r guidance and help in this matter.
i have confirmed to my muslim friend the quotes that you have all sent me.
i have done my duty, i found that unfortunately she stil wants to go ahead inthis stupid matter.
all i can say is everything is in ALLAH :subhanallah: hand.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
sister06 said:
:salam2: brothers and sisters
thank you for you r guidance and help in this matter.
i have confirmed to my muslim friend the quotes that you have all sent me.
i have done my duty, i found that unfortunately she stil wants to go ahead inthis stupid matter.
all i can say is everything is in ALLAH :subhanallah: hand.
:wasalam:

yeah, thats very foolish of her, it is haram for both boys and girls to have such relationships. It can lead to them doing Zinaa, fornication.

Would she be proud to tell her kids and her family about what she has been doing!? Or perhaps her future husband? Or will she hide and lie about it for all time?

Muslims have pride, dignity and honour.

Another big mistake is when people think it is OK for guys and not girls. It is haram for all.

Wasalam.

mr. ok

Dear Sister06

:bismillah:

ASSALAMU ALAYKUM my dear brothers and sisters (Muslims & non-Muslims). Sister, try talking to her parents?

BARAKALLAH FIK

sister06

:salam2:

it wud be the ideal thing to do..talk to her parents but as i am young, i feel i dont want to go thru a big comotion...ill be a big issue and i fear many of my other friends will turn agianst me...that life. so im just gona leave it to ALLAH . i no this makes me selfish.

i do however cannot blame her totally for what shes doing because her whole family/ cousins are into the b/g friend situation and their relationships are open where their mum n dad approve.

shes been brought up in this enviroment :astag:

MissSemolina

Dear Sister06

You did the right thing advising your friend, may Allah reward u. And yes you are quite right, if she has her family members approving of such relationships then it will be harder for her to see the wrong in it. May Allah guide her to His Straight Path. Don't give up on her though. Keep up the Da'wah. However, some other advice from me is that because you are having to deal with such friends, you must make sure you have other frineds who are upon Deen. This will strengthen you and keep you very balanced. InshAllah you attend Islamic Study Circles to boost your eemaan and understanding of the religion? I think you are very brave to deal with this matter in a mature way considering your delicate age mashAllah. Keep strong and :wasalam:

By the way, I am new to this forum too!

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
salaaaaamm

assalamou alaykoum´wa rahmatoullahi wa barakatouhou,
jazakillah khayran sister and may Allah guide your friend to the right way and all moslems of this world.
salam

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
salam alaykum

any way....ask her... tawbah (repentance)

“Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

And turn in repentance and in obedience with true Faith (Islamic Monotheism) to your Lord and submit to Him (in Islam) before the torment comes upon you, (and) then you will not be helped.

And follow the best of that which is sent down to you from your Lord (i.e. this Qur’aan, do what it orders you to do and keep away from what it forbids), before the torment comes on you suddenly while you perceive not!’”

[al-Zumar 39:53-54 – interpretation of the meaning]

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4132

<wasalam alaykum >

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

Really good advice are given above from brothers & sisters,may Allah(Swt) reward them for their efforts.(Ameen)

:wasalam:

Oem Soufiane

mashallah website

assalamu aleikum warahmatulahi wa barakatuh oeghti,

When i have difficult questions, i always go to the site www.islamqa.com. There you can find allmost every q&a you need with dalil.

Oem Soufiane said:
assalamu aleikum warahmatulahi wa barakatuh oeghti,

When i have difficult questions, i always go to the site www.islamqa.com. There you can find allmost every q&a you need with dalil.

Assalamo Alaikoum
:jazaak: Sister Oem Soufiane.
That's true for hard questions it will be good if person who has a question to ask a scholar in the website that you give or also in this website: http://www.islamonline.net/English/ArtCulture/Fatwa/index.shtml
But incha'Allah each of us can help for sample and easy question.
However, as you said about diifficult question it will be good to ask scholars they have the knowldge to answer.
Salam

afnan

sister u share this matter with ur parents. they can analyze the situation better.