I WANT STORIESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

...........I WANT STORIESSS!!!!! I'm sure there are many islamic stories here that give away a good lesson, though I just cant find themm. SOOOOO, this is a game where everyone tells a story, with a GOOD lesson to it. I'll start first. I bet some of you know this story alreadyyy.

The Dream

Once a man saw in his dream, that a lion was chasing him. The man ran to a tree, climbed on to it and sat on a branch. He looked down and saw that the lion was still there waiting for him. The man then looked to his side where the branch he was sitting on was attached to the tree and saw that two rats were circling around and eating the branch. One rat was black and the other one was white. The branch would fall on the ground very soon. The man then looked below again with fear and discovered that a big black snake had come and settled directly under him. The snake opened its mouth right under the man so that he will fall into it. The man then looked up to see if there was anything that he could hold on to. He saw another branch with a honeycomb. Drops of honey were falling from it. The man wanted to taste the honey. He drank one drop. The honey was very sweet in taste. So, he wanted to taste another drop, then another and then another. As a result, he got lost into the sweetness of the honey. Meanwhile, he forgot about the two rats eating his branch away, the lion on the ground and the snake that is sitting right under him. After a while, he woke up from his sleep.

To get the meaning behind this dream, the man went to a pious scholar of Islam. The scholar said 'The lion you saw is your death. It always chases you and goes where ever you go. The two rats, one black and one white, are the night and the day. Black one is the night and the white one is the day. They circle around, coming one after another, to eat your time as they take you closer to death. The big black snake with a dark mouth is your grave. It's there, just waiting for you to fall into it. The honeycomb is this world and the sweet honey is the luxuries of this world. We like to taste a drop of the luxuries of this world and it's very sweet. Then we taste another drop and then another. Meanwhile, we get lost into this world and forget about our time, our death and our graves.

TARAAAAAA!!!!! OKAY, OKAY, now its your turnnnn. wasalammzzzz:hearts:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaah.

This may have been posted before, anyhow it's taken from stories of repentance published by Darussalam. May Allaah reward those who put their efforts into typing and circulating it...

THE TRUE TREASURE (I went to steal from him, but he stole from me)​

A burglar scaled the wall of Maalik bin Dinar's house one night and easily managed to get inside. Once inside the house, the thief was disappointed to see that there was nothing inside actually worth stealing. The owner of the home was inside at the time, he was busy performing prayer. Realizing that he was not alone, Maalik quickly ended his prayer and turned around to face the thief. Without showing any sign of being shocked or afraid, Maalik calmly extended greetings of peace and then said, "My brother, may Allah forgive you. You entered my home and found nothing that is worth taking, yet I do not want you to leave my home without taking away some benefit."

He stood up, went to another part of the room, and came back with a jug full of water. He looked into the eyes of the burglar and said, "Make ablution and perform two units of prayer, for if you do so, you will leave my home with a greater treasure than you had initially sought when you entered it."

Much humbled by Maalik's manners and words, the thief said, "Yes, that is a generous offer indeed."

After making ablution and performing two units of prayer, the burglar said, "O Maalik, would you mind if I stayed for a while, for I want to stay to perform two more units of prayer?"

Maalik said, "Stay for whatever amount of prayer Allah decrees for you to perform now."

The thief ended up spending the entire night at Maalik's house. He continued to pray until the morning. Then Maalik said, "Leave now and be good."

But instead of leaving, the thief said, "Would you mind if I stayed here with you today, for I have made an intention to fast the day?"

"Stay as long as you wish," said Maalik.

The burglar ended up staying for a number of days, praying during the late hours of each night and fasting throughout the duration of each day. When he finally decided to leave, the burglar said, "O Maalik, I have made a firm resolve to repent for my sins and for my former way of life."

Maalik said, "Indeed, that is in the Hand of Allah."

The man did mend his ways and began to lead a life of righteousness and obedience to Allah. Later on, He came across another burglar he knew. [His friend] said to him, "Have you found your treasure yet?"

He said, "My brother, what I found is Maalik bin Dinaar. I went to steal from him, but it was he who ended up stealing my heart. I have indeed repented to Allah, and I will remain at the door [of His Mercy and Forgiveness] until I achieve what his obedient, loving slaves have achieved."

[al-Mawaa'idh wal-Majaalis: 85]

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
The man who fed his coat.

I don't know if any of you know this story...and I don't remember it detail for detail. But here it is.

Once upon a time, there was a man who was not rich and worked in a flour factory. One day his neighbors who were very wealthy, invited him to a party they were having.

On the day of the party, the poor man who just came from work, came to the party with his dirty clothes. His clothes had flour all over them, and when he showed up, everyone looked at him with weird looks. Everyone at the party were dressed up and looked very nice. After he was there for a while, he saw that whoever he tried to talk to would turn away from him. No one wanted to talk to him! He was suprised at this fact. He quickly left the party and went to the store. He got some money he had saved, and bought a new coat and cleaned himself up. Then he came back to the party. Everyone greeted him and welcomed him when he came back to the party. Now everyone was interested in talking to him, but he remained quite. Finally when it was dinner time and everyone gathered around the table, eating and chatting; he sat and started putting all of his food into the pockets of his coat. Everyone was so suprised at this. "What are you doing?" they asked him. He said, since you all are not interested in talking to me or greeting me, I will feed my coat because you like the coat and not me!

The end!

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I read this just the other day and Masha'Allah I truly found it great. In fact as I look to many of the instances in the lives of the Salaf us-Salih I am reminded of some of the great qualities they exemplified and the many lessons from their lives.

10 Lessons from Abdullah ibn Mubarak

'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak (died 181 AH) was a scholar known for simultaneously combining numerous traits of virtue. In fact, his friends would sit and count all of the good things that were part of his character and personality. adh-Dhahabi related that they said: "Let's sit and count the good traits that Ibn al-Mubarak has." So, they ended up listing: "Knowledge, Fiqh, literature, grammar, language, zuhd, eloquence, poetry, praying at night, worship, Hajj, Jihad, bravery, instinct, strength, speaking little in what doesn't concern him, fairness, and lack of conflict with his companions."

Reading through his life story, one sees exactly this and cannot help but to derive brief yet heavy lessons from how this man lived.

1- No matter how bad you think you are, you can always become better.

In 'Tartib al-Madarik' (1/159), al-Qadi 'Iyad mentioned that Ibn al-Mubarak was asked about the circumstances in which he began studying. He replied: "I was a youth who drank wine and loved music and singing while engaging in these filthy acts. So, I gathered some friends to one of my gardens where there were sweet apples, and we ate and drank until we passed out while drunk. At the end of the night, I woke up and picked up the stringed 'oud and began singing:

Isn't it time that you had mercy on me * And we rebel against those who criticize us?

And I was unable to pronounce the words as I intended. When I tried again, the 'oud began speaking to me as if it were a person, saying the verse: {"Isn't it time for the hearts of those who believe to be affected by Allah's reminder?"} [al-Hadid; 16] So, I said: "Yes, O Lord!" And I smashed the oud, spilled the wine, and my repentance with all its realities came by the grace of Allah, and I turned towards knowledge and worship."

2 - You should associate with honorable people.

In 'Sifat as-Safwah' (2/323), Ibn al-Jawzi mentioned: "Ibn al-Mubarak's home in Marw was vast. It measured fifty square yards. There was no person known for knowledge, worship, manhood, or high status in Marw except that you saw him in this house."

3 - You should be a helpful guest.

In 'Sifat as-Safwah' (2/324), it is narrated that when an-Nadr bin Muhammad's son got married, he invited Ibn al-Mubarak, "and when he arrived, Ibn al-Mubarak got up to serve the guests. an-Nadr did not leave him and swore that he would tell him to leave until he finally sat down."

4 - You should give money to the poor.

In 'Sifat as-Safwah' (2/327), Ibn al-Jawzi mentions that Ibn al-Mubarak "would spend a hundred thousand dirhams a year on the poor."

5 - You should always return borrowed items to their owners.

In 'Sifat as-Safwah' (2/329), al-Hasan bin 'Arafah said that 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak told him: "I borrowed a pen from someone in Sham, and I intended to return it to its owner. When I arrived in Marw (in Turkmenistan! ), I saw that I still had it with me. Abu 'Ali (al-Hasan's nickname), I went all the way back to Sham to return the pen to its owner!"

6 - You should be brave, and hide your good deeds:

In 'Sifat as-Safwah' (2/329), 'Abdah bin Sulayman said: "We were on an expedition in the lands of the Romans with 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak. We met the enemy, and when the two armies met, a man came out from their side calling for a duel. One of our men went out to him and dueled with him for an hour, injuring him and killing him. Another came out, and he killed him. He called for another duel, and another man came out. They dueled for an hour, and he injured and killed him as well. The people gathered around this man, and I was with them, and saw that he was covering his face with his sleeve. I took the edge of his sleeve and pulled it away to find that it was 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak," and he made him swear that he wouldn't reveal his identity until the day he died.

7 - You should have a tender heart.

In 'Sifat as-Safwah' (2/330), al-Qasim bin Muhammad said: "We were on a journey with Ibn al-Mubarak, and I was always asking myself: what is so special about this man that he is so famous? If he prays, so do we. If he fasts, so do we. If he fights, so do we. If he makes Hajj, so do we.

One night, we spent the night in a house travelling on the way to Sham. The lamp went out, and some of us woke up. So, he took the lamp outside to light it, and stayed outside for a while. When he came back in with the lamp, I caught a glimpse of Ibn al-Mubarak's face, and saw that his beard was wet with his tears. I said to myself: "This fear of Allah is what has made this man better than us. When the lamp went out and we were in darkness, he remembered the Day of Resurrection. ""

8 - You should be generous to your friends.

In 'Sifat as-Safwah' (2/329), Isma'il bin 'Ayyash said: "I don't know of a single good trait except that Allah has placed it in 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak. My friends told me that they were travelling with him from Egypt to Makkah, and he was serving them khabis (a sweet flour dish) while he was fasting the entire trip."

9 - You should not give in to Satan's whispers.

In 'Tartib al-Madarik' (1/159), it is related that Ibn al-Mubarak was making ablution, and Satan came to him and said: "You did not wipe over this part of your body." Ibn al-Mubarak said: "I did." Satan said: "No, you didn't." So, Ibn al-Mubarak said: "You are the one making the claim, and you must therefore bring proof to back the claim up."

10 - You should sincerely pray for people to accept Islam.

In 'Tartib al-Madarik' (1/162), it is related that al-Hasan bin 'Isa bin Sirjis would walk by Ibn al-Mubarak, and he was a Christian. Ibn al-Mubarak asked who he was, and was told: "He is a Christian." So, Ibn al-Mubarak said: "O Allah, grant him Islam." So, Allah answered his supplication, and al-Hasan became an excellent Muslim, and he travelled to seek knowledge and became one of the scholars of the Ummah."

wasalam

Kakorot

:wasalam:

This is a story which I read from my little sister's Islamic stories book. I don't know if it is true or not but I has a good moral to it :)

Once, there was this righteous boy called Sharafuddeen. One night his mother was ill and she called out to her son to get her some water. When he heard the call of his mother, he went and got her a cup of water as soon as he could, but when he returned, he noticed that his mother went back to sleep.
Now, Sharafudeen didn't know what to do. Should he wake up his mother and give her the water? Or should he let her rest? So he decided to let her rest. So he stood there next to his mother's bed. Minutes went....hours went.....the whole night went.
Then his mother woke up and saw her son standing there with a cup of water. (Or maybe it was a bowl of water because back in the days I dunno as to whether they had cups present.. :confused: ).
She was so suprised and she asked him did he stand there the whole night? And Sharafudeen answered that he stood there the whole night waiting to give her water which she requested.
Sharafudeen's mother was so pleased with her son and made du'aa to Allaah to make him of the righteous.

How sweet :hearts:

Well, I guess the moral of the story is that we must obey and sacrifice what is precious to us to please our mother. :)

Paradise lies under the feet of our mothers :) :) :)

May Allaah save our parents from the adhaab of the qabr and grant our parents high rank in Jannah