I want to be a devoted slave of Allaah … ten pointers

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
nameofallah.gif

salam.gif

I want to be a devoted slave of Allaah … ten pointers

Question:
My question is short. I want to enter Paradise, I want to strive to control my self (my nafs), I want to kiss my mother’s hand every day, I want to keep away from whims and desires and from the Shaytaan, I want Allaah to call me a devoted slave on the Day of Resurrection, in sha Allaah, I want to love my brothers, and I want my faith to keep increasing. What should I do?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah

We ask Allaah to make you steadfast in adhering to the truth, and to make your hopes come true, and to make you one of those who turn to Him and who know the truth, defend it and adhere to Islam.

The things you mention in your question indicate that you have a sound and pure nature, and a great desire to achieve great things and to give everyone his rights. These are great hopes that can be achieved through faith, as it was narrated that Sufyaan al-Thawri said: Faith is not wishes or pretence, rather it is what settles in the heart and is proven by actions.” So we will discuss the matter of faith and how important it is in becoming a devoted slave, pleasing and honouring one’s parents and achieving the victory of Paradise.

Whoever seeks to achieve great things has to stay up at night (worship).
Hence al-Fudayl said: “You hearts can never taste the sweetness of faith until they shun worldly pleasures.” And he also said, “If you cannot pray qiyaam at night and fast during the day, then know that you are deprived.”

The sincere believer has a heart like a burning coal, hence it was narrated by al-Haakim in his Mustadrak and al-Tabaraani in his Mu’jam with a saheeh isnaad that the Prophet:saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Faith wears out in your heart as clothes wear out, so ask Allaah to renew the faith in your hearts.”

The believer’s heart may sometimes feel overwhelmed by clouds of sin. This was portrayed to us by the Prophet:saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said: “There is no heart that does not have clouds like the clouds that cover the moon. When the cloud covers it, it is dark, and when the cloud moves away it shines.” Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Awsat, and classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.
So the believer’s heart is sometimes covered with a cloud and its light is hidden, and it remains dark and lonely, but if he strives to increase his store of faith and seeks the help of Allaah, that cloud goes away and the light in his heart starts to shine again.

Hence one of the salaf said: “It is part of a person’s smartness to c heck on his faith and be aware of what affects it.” It is also part of a person’s smartness “that he recognizes how the Shaytaan whispers to him.”

So he has to come back to faith. If you come back to faith and do as it requires, then you will achieve what you want. We will tell you of a basic principle which will let you know when faith is present and when it is not.

Imam Ibn al-Jawzi said: “O you who are turned away, O you who are deprived of meeting your loved ones, if you want to know how you stand before the king, then look at how you are spending your time and what work you are assigned to do. How many people stand at the door of the king, but no one enters except the one whom he cares for. Not every heart is fit to draw close, not every heart can be filled with love, not every wind is like the morning breeze.”

If a person want to know how he stands before Allaah and how he stands in relation to His commands and prohibitions, let him look at himself and see what he is preoccupied with. If he is busy with da’wah and with saving people from the Fire, striving to attain Paradise, helping the weak and needy, honouring his parents, then let him rejoice in the fact that he is close to the King of kings, for Allaah does not help anyone to do good except those whom He loves.

But if he is has no interest in da’wah, dislikes the daa’iyahs and does not do good things, if he is preoccupied with this world and its gains, and with gossip and asking too many questions, whilst not doing much or following his whims and desires, let him know that he is far from Allaah and has been deprived of that which will bring him closer to Paradise,
because Allaah says in His holy Book (interpretation of the meaning):
“Whoever desires the quick-passing (transitory enjoyment of this world), We readily grant him what We will for whom We like. Then, afterwards, We have appointed for him Hell; he will burn therein disgraced and rejected ( far away from Allaah’s Mercy).
And whoever desires the Hereafter and strives for it, with the necessary effort due for it (i.e. does righteous deeds of Allaah’s obedience) while he is a believer (in the Oneness of Allaah Islamic Monotheism) — then such are the ones whose striving shall be appreciated, (thanked and rewarded by Allaah)”
[al-Isra’ 17:18-19]

My brother, if you want to have a high position in all kinds of good deeds, to be a devoted slave of Allaah and to honour your parents, and you are seeking Paradise, then you have to do the following:

1 – You have to revive the faith in your heart. Faith is what will bring the Muslim everything he seeks in this world and in the Hereafter. Faith is the key to all goodness and locks the door to all evil. The means of reviving and strengthening faith in one’s heart are many and varied, including doing a lot of acts of worship and righteous deeds.

2 – You must turn to your Lord sincerely, as it says in the report: “If My slave turns to me inwardly and outwardly, I will turn the hearts of My slaves to him with love and mercy.”
Allaah has made worship the ultimate aim and loftiest purpose of man:
“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)”
[al-Dhaariyaat 51:56 – interpretation of the meaning)]

3 – You should always set your sights on the highest degrees, and make your goal in life to earn the pleasure of Allaah, and strive to attain the victory of Paradise, or to attain the highest Firdaws. You should strive as hard as you can to achieve these lofty aims.

4 – You should follow the example of historical Muslim figures such as the Sahaabah, Taabi’een and righteous forebears (the salaf).

5 – You should make the most of every minute, every moment and every heartbeat to use it in such a way as to increase your faith.

6 – You should try to keep company with righteous people, because the Messenger of Allaah :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “A man will follow the religion of his close friend, so let each one of you look at whom he befriends.” Narrated by Abu Dawood and al-Tirmidhi with a hasan isnaad. Good friends are one of the best means of helping you to obey Allaah and to avoid sin and error.

7 – Doing a lot of righteous deeds which will bring you happiness in this world and in the Hereafter.

8 – Praying qiyaam al-layl, making du’aa’ in the time just before dawn. The feet of the Messenger of Allaah:saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to swell because of his desire to be a thankful slave, even though Allaah had forgiven his previous and future sins.

9 – Persisting in reading a portion of Qur’aan daily, and other dhikr that helps you to think and ponder the meanings of the Qur’aan.

10 – Striving to spread the word and make da’wah for the sake of Allaah, and working for Islam as much as possible.
If you want to reach the status of devoted slave for which you long, then be as Allaah commanded His Prophet :saw:(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):
Say (O Muhammad): Verily, my Salaah (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allaah, the Lord of the ‘Aalameen (mankind, jinn and all that exists)”
[al-An’aam 6:162]

Being a devoted slave of Allaah means declaring one’s devotion and belonging to the Lord, which can only be achieved by applying this aayah, so that we are for Allaah, the Lord of the Worlds, in all our affairs.

Being a devoted slave of Allaah can only be fully achieved in this manner; it can only be achieved by worshipping Allaah in the fullest sense of the word, which means making our living and dying, and all our movements, for Him alone. So we only speak that which is pleasing to Allaah; we only do that which is pleasing to Allaah; we focus our intention in these words and deeds only on Allaah. Worship should not be reduced to merely raising and lowering our heads at certain times, or giving a few pennies every once in a while, or fasting a few days each year, or moving our lips to say a few words and dhikrs.

Hence the deeds that lead to this status – of being a devoted slave – are innumerable and may take many shapes in all aspects of our lives and the places where we live. This is by the bounty of Allaah towards us and towards all people.

Just look, in every place where you find yourself and every moment that comes to you, for that which will please Him, and what you think He wants to see you doing, and do it. Then you will be a devoted slave.
Finally, we ask Allaah to accept righteous deeds from us and from you, and to gather us and you in His mercy with the Prophets, siddeeqs, martyrs and righteous, and those are the best of companions.

Ref: Islam Online.& islam Q &A

<wasalam>
islamicfajr

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2:

:ma: that was beautiful brother!:muslim_child:

Jazzak-Allah khair for sharing!:arabi1:

:wasalam:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

:jazaak: brother for sharing, it sure was educating.
Your brother in Islam.:arabi1:

Wassalaam.

sky_012

i'm a sinner :( i truly am but now i want to become a good slave of Allah SWT please help me brother how can i increase my good deeds? i'm wondering and asking this question to myself since many months and i want to take benefit from this wonderfull message

i'm a girl

in my area, there isn't any mosquee where i can go or do some voluntary work ; if there are, they are too far for me and i don' think it's good for a young lady to be going out often ....even if it is to help in a place , if a were a boy , that would be different

second, i can't help any poors as i live in a european country but i do send regularly money in my country

i try to help my mom as much as i can and not to disapoint my father

i read quran everyday

i try to pray extra nafals with prayers and do dhikr before going to sleep or when i'm in my car or doing some activity that can enable me to work and do dikhr at the same time

except these obligatory things i don't do any good deeds , like special acts ....because i don't get the opportunity what should i do?

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

Sis, a good deed can be almost anything! It is all based on your intensions.

You could read this article...

Good Deeds

It's useful and has many things a person could do.

Wassalamu Alaykum.

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
i'm a sinner :( i truly am but now i want to become a good slave of Allah SWT please help me brother how can i increase my good deeds? i'm wondering and asking this question to myself since many months and i want to take benefit from this wonderfull message

i'm a girl

in my area, there isn't any mosquee where i can go or do some voluntary work ; if there are, they are too far for me and i don' think it's good for a young lady to be going out often ....even if it is to help in a place , if a were a boy , that would be different

second, i can't help any poors as i live in a european country but i do send regularly money in my country

i try to help my mom as much as i can and not to disapoint my father

i read quran everyday

i try to pray extra nafals with prayers and do dhikr before going to sleep or when i'm in my car or doing some activity that can enable me to work and do dikhr at the same time

except these obligatory things i don't do any good deeds , like special acts ....because i don't get the opportunity what should i do?

ِAssalam Alaykum..

Masha` Allah..

ur good sister Alhamduillah..

About prayer: salah in the home are Better 4 u

It is permissible for women to go out and pray in the mosque with men, although their prayer at home is better for them, because the Prophet :saw: (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Do not prevent the women from going out to the mosques, even though their homes are better for them."

With regard to Friday Prayers, this is not obligatory for women because the Prophet of Islam
saws.gif
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is a duty for every Muslim to pray Jumu’ah in congregation apart from four: slaves, women, young boys and the sick.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, 901). Women have to pray four rak’ahs of Zuhr prayer on Friday wherever they are. What you have heard about a person delegating someone else to pray on his behalf is not correct at all. Prayer is fard ‘ayn, i.e., an individual duty for each Muslim, and it is not acceptable for one person to appoint someone else as a proxy or for one person to pray on behalf of another. In any case, you have no need for this in the case of Jumu’ah prayers, as you now know.

===========================
Some helpful Articles..
===========================

to increase ur eemaan (faith) ...

Tests For The Believers

Ibn al-Qayyim on How to Rectify Oneself

<wasalam>

sky_012

Assalam U Alikum

thanks a lot for these articles

i already told this to sisterAmina in her post about how to do good deeds but i guess the more i'll visit this site, the more i'll be thankfull to ALLAH SWT for showing me such a nice place an dpeople that will help me to grow my emaan and correct myself before i die and face my Lord

thanks a lot for helping a sister by providing such usefull information , i really needed to read such things in order to help myself and find the better way to improve myself

jazak Allah Khair