I will be away..

JenGiove

:salam2: To all my Brothers and sisters,

Today is Thursday. Sunday will be the 1 year anniversary of when I had to spread the ashes of my father at his home in Massachusetts. Him and my only sibling, my brother had been found dead in their home together. I am leaving here today to drive the 500 miles to his home to commemorate the event.

I just wanted to let you all know that I will not be back online till late Monday night. I wish you all well and I look forward to renewing various discussions then.

Fee Amanallah!!!! <3

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
It is sad to read about your tragedy. Wish you a safe journey. Take care of yourself.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Peace be upon you Jeni!

Insha'Allah your safe, and all fine by the time you see these comments!
Take care <3

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

So sad for what had happen, may Allah keep you strong. I realize you joined a couple months after what happened, I hope this site has helped even if a little on your difficult journey. Wishing you all the best.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
May peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be on you. :)

We are awaiting you sister. Have a safe journey. Indeed thats very long.

:SMILY231::SMILY231::SMILY231:

JenGiove

I'm Back!

:salam2: Brothers and Sisters,Well, I'm back home. Today, Monday, I drove a total of 600 miles and arrived home to the thrilled screams of my son, Connor. He helped carry my things into the house and then proceeded to maul me in laughter and joy. How wonderful it was to see him again and to immediately notice his developmental changes in the short 6 days that I was gone.

My trip was for somber reasons and the land that I went to, where I spread my father's ashes is where my father's house of 25 years is. The yurt that he built out of wood with angled sides is still standing but it s collapsing slowly into itself. The trees that were once there which concealed the old apply orchard that surrounded his house has been cut down and sold for lumber leaving behind scars so visible that match my own within my soul. I found no solace there and I don't think I will return, I don't know.

Not all of the time in western Massachusetts was mournful. I spent all 6 days in the company of my sister-in-faith and her husband. In the Native American community, we have different ways of setting boundaries and maintaining the respect of the marriage, ect. I did ALOT of knitting and would have completed my first sock if it wasn't for the fact that I neglected to bring along a 5th needle. I saw roads that I'd not seen in 10 years and have long forgotten the names of. I felt like I was being taken on a tour....of my past and every so often, something surprising would come out. One example is, on the last night I was there, I treated my sister and her husband to pizza from a shop that my father and I loved. Now, I'd not walked through the doors in 10 years and yet, the female owner of the restaurant remembered me! This restaurant is a favorite in town and has an astounding amount of business, and yet, she remembered me. I was humbled to say the least.

On my return trip, I stopped in at a community center for Veterans that I used to volunteer at, conducted some business, chatted with friends and went on my way. I decided to take a different route home and I was so pleased with the trip. Mountains everywhere! I love mountains. They are so warm and welcoming. I feel like I can breath so long as I am near a mountain.

I did run into a section where, during the pouring rain and falling sun that I got all turned around and lost because of some major construction. I took wrong turns and went south when I should have gone north and vice versa...yes, it happened 3 times in the same section. Wouldn't it figure though, the place I had FIRST turned around, was the road I was SUPPOSED to be on in the first place....sheesh!

So, I made it home to my little boy at 9pm EST, some 13 hours after I started out this morning.

I'm VERY tired.....