Ibn Baaz | jewels of guidance

Shishani

Staff member
Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz

www.fatwa-online.com

Abu 'Abdullaah Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez ibn 'Abdullaah ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Aal-Baaz was born in the city of Riyadh in Dhul-Hijjah 1330 A.H./1909 C.E.

He memorized the Qur.aan in his early age and then he acquired knowledge from many of the great scholars of the Kingdom. Some of his teachers were Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Lateef Aal-Shaykh, Shaykh Saalih ibn 'Abdul-'Azeez Aal-Shaykh and the eminent Shaykh Muhammad ibn Ibraaheem Aal-Shaykh who, in his time, was the Muftee of Saudi Arabia. Shaykh Ibn Baaz accompanied the eminent Shaykh and learned from him for about ten years. Thus he gained his religious education from the family of Imaam Muhammad ibn 'Abdul-Wahhaab.

Afterwards Shaykh Ibn Baaz was appointed as a Justice and he worked for fourteen years in the judiciary until he was deputed to the education faculty. He remained engaged in teaching for nine years at Riyadh Islaamic Law College, Riyadh Religious Institute. Then he was appointed Vice-Chancellor of the Islaamic University, al-Madeenah; but shortly afterwards, he was made the Chancellor with all the administrative powers. Later he was appointed President of the General Presidency of Islaamic Research, Ifta, Call and Propagation, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

He held the position of Grand Muftee of Saudi Arabia, the Presidency of many Islaamic Committees and Councils, the prominent among these being: Senior Scholars Committee of the Kingdom, Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa, the Founding Committee of Muslim World League, World Supreme Council for Mosques, Islaamic Jurisprudence Assembly Makkah; and the member of the Supreme Council of the Islaamic University at al-Madeenah, and the Supreme Committee for Islaamic Propagation, until he passed away on Thursday 27 Muharram 1420 A.H./May 13 1999 C.E. May Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aala) have Mercy upon his soul, aameen.

What the newspapers had to say...

For more about the noble Shaykh, kindly refer to http://www.fatwa-online.com/category/jewels-of-guidance/jog-ibn-baaz/

The Shaykh's official website: www.binbaz.org.sa

Last edited:

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz the Generous Teenager

“Shaikh Muhammad al-Musa said to me, ‘Shaikh Ibn Baaz had a relative whose name was Sa’d ibn ’Abdul-Muhsin and he was a hundred years old, His Eminence [Shaikh Ibn Baaz] used to say that this man was ten years older than him.

This [old] man told me about Shaikh [Ibn Baaz’s] generosity and that it was something implanted in his nature from when he was young, he said, ‘When Ibn Baaz was a teenager he would attend the lessons of His Eminence, the Shaikh, the ’Allaamah Muhammad Ibn Ibrahim, may Allaah have mercy on him. After the lesson would be over and he would be on his way home, if he would find someone on his way, a student of knowledge, or a stranger/foreigner [who was new to the area], or a guest, or a neighbour, then he would insist on him coming in and ask him to eat despite being poor and despite the sparsity of food [that he had].’

And he continued with his amazing generosity, may Allaah have mercy on him, for all his life and would in fact feel pain if he did not find guests to share his food with him.”

Imaamul-’Asr, p. 100.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02/17/ibn-baaz-the-generous-teenager/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz and the Poor

Dr. Naasir ibn Misfir al-Zahraani said, ‘Two years ago in 1417ah [1996ce], when the Shaikh travelled to Taif from Makkah, he opened his house [to receive guests] as usual, but no guests, or poor or needy people came during the first few days and this pained the Shaikh.

The reason many of them didn’t come was because they didn’t know he had arrived. So he said to those working with him, ‘What is wrong with the people, why aren’t they coming? Are you preventing them from coming or closing the doors in their faces? What is the reason?’

They replied, ‘O Shaikh, many of them don’t know that you have arrived, and some of them like that you rest during your first few days.’ So he said, ‘Go and tell the people, and inform the neighbours—tell them the Shaikh invites you to come, and that his house is open for you!’

Mawaaqif Mudee’ah, p. 172.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2012/01/28/ibn-baaz-and-the-poor/

Shishani

Staff member
Have You Heard the Story of The Man Who Hit Ibn Baaz on His Head?

“And Shaikh ’Ali al-’Imraan, may Allaah grant him success in all that is good, related to me [the following], saying that, ‘Shaikh Sa’eed ibn ’Ayaash al-Ghaamidi, the Chief Judge of the Courts in Khamis Mushait, now retired, said, ‘I used to be Shaikh ’Abdul-’Aziz [Ibn Baaz’s] clerk in Al-Dulam and the Shaikh would never leave until the final case, and this would always delay us.

One time, we had closed all the records and wanted to leave and then a Bedouin came in and so the Shaikh said, ‘We’ll sit and listen to what he wants.’ So I said, ‘O Shaikh, the shift is over.’ He said, ‘We will listen to the man.’ So I said, ‘It’s three o’clock.’ He said, ‘We’ll listen to what he wants, maybe he has come from far away.’

So I became extremely angry and hit the Shaikh on his head with the register and fled. After a few days I came back to the Shaikh and apologised to him and he accepted my apology as though nothing had happened. Then I sought knowledge and studied until I became a judge and then became the Chief Judge of Khamis Mushait Court.

I learnt many things from the Shaikh, like patience with the people whose cases were brought forward and bearing their harm. One time, a person came in after the end of the day’s shift, and the clerk had closed the register, so I asked him to open it and listen to what the man had to say, so he became angry and said, ‘The shift is over.’ So I said to him, ‘We will listen to the man, maybe he has come from far away.’

Before I knew it I felt the clerk hit me on the head with the register—and so I recalled what I had done to the Shaikh, may Allaah have mercy on him, [when I was a clerk]—and the man fled from the court. After a few days I sent after him and told the messenger to tell him that I had forgiven him.’’”

Al-Jaami li-Ahkaam al-Hajj wal-’Umrah, pp. 277-278.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...tory-of-the-man-who-hit-ibn-baaz-on-his-head/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz on Hajj —His Response when Told Not to Eat with The Poor and Needy

“There was no difference in his eyes between the rich and the poor, the noble and the lowly, an ambassador or minister, for they would all gather at his table, and everyone who ate with His Eminence would be looking here and there at the people’s faces due to the variety [of people present] and their differing languages, ranks and colours—so you would have an Arab, a foreigner, a black person, a white one, someone close, and another distant [and so on].

One time someone who knew the Shaikh said to him, ‘O Shaikh! Some of these people don’t know the manners of how to eat properly, and it’s not right/easy to sit with them, so if it would please you to sit away from them and put yourself at ease from them.’

So His Eminence, the Shaikh, may Allaah have mercy on him said, ‘I’m the one who put the food out for them, and they came to me, my comfort is in eating with them, and the Prophet ﷺ used to eat with his Companions and the poor until the day he died, and I have an example in him, and I will carry on like this until I die—and whoever can’t handle that and doesn’t want to sit with them, I excuse him and he can go to someone else.’

And the amazing thing was that the affairs of this clearly large number of people would become organised, and the area allotted to them would suffice them, and the transport allocated for them would take them, their food would be arranged, as would their drinks, their sleep, their ablution, prayer, leaving, coming—and the secret to that, and Allaah knows best, is the correctness of this man’s, this Imaam’s intention, and that is what is apparent and Allaah is the One who knows the [inner] reality.”

Jawaanib min Seeratil-Imaam ’Abdul-’Aziz ibn Baaz, pp. 101-102.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/10...when-told-not-to-eat-with-the-poor-and-needy/

Shishani

Staff member
A Day in the Life of a Scholar: Imaam Ibn Baaz
Shaikh Muhammad al-Musaa said, “Once when we were in Makkah, the Shaikh was called to participate in a da’wah gathering in Jeddah by someone dear to him, and he insisted that his eminence be present immediately after maghrib prayer, so the Shaikh said, ‘Good, inshaa Allaah.’

When the Shaikh prayed maghrib he felt it difficult upon himself to leave his established sitting with the people from maghrib to Ishaa, so he said, ‘We won’t go now and leave the people. I have to sit with them up untilIshaa and tend to their needs and their demands,’ so he remained with them [in his house].

Then the mu’adhhin pronounced the call to prayer for ishaa and he went to the mosque, and delivered his regular [short] lesson before ishaa [i.e., between the iqaamah and the adhaan] and answered some questions. Then he prayed ishaa and headed to Jeddah, and he was overjoyed and pleased at having sat with the people and not having left them behind.

[When he got to Jeddah] he listened to a detailed explanation of the da’wahproject and its activities and then entered the lecture hall which was teeming with people and listened to all of the speeches and poetry that was read. He then gave a lecture and after that had dinner and returned to Makkah.

On our way to Jeddah and back to Makkah, I, Dr. ash-Shuwai’ir, and the brother Saalih took turns to read to him, with not a single minute wasted. When we got to his house in Makkah it was midnight and it was from the Shaikh’s habits to stand to pray the night prayer at about three in the morning. He would always wake me and Shaikh Abdul-Aziz ibn Naasir, wake us for the night prayer so that we could have our share of [prayer during] the night. So this time [it having been a long day] we were sure that he would not wake up and would leave us to sleep. Yet the set time for him to stand to pray hadn’t come except that he was there waking us up to stand for the night prayer.

He continued to pray, and supplicate and recite until the call to prayer forfajr and then went to the mosque, the al-Qattaan mosque which was next to us, and this was before the Shaikh’s own mosque was built.

The Imaam was late and so Shaikh Ibn Baaz led us in prayer with a voice more beautiful and more humble than which you will not have heard. When he gave salaam he turned to face the people and thanked Allaah and extolled Him and then gave them a talk. Upon finishing he went home and we said, ‘The Shaikh is exhausted and has been up all night, maybe he will not sit after fajr.’

Hewent to his sitting room, put his scarf and hat to the side, sat down and said, ‘Bismillaah. What do you have?’ So I started to read the requests/matters he had to deal with to him, and I could see comfort, energy and joy in him that would cause one to wonder in amazement. I carried on reading to him until 7:20 a.m. approximately, and thought that he would thereafter have a long sleep, when instead he said, ‘Set the alarm clock for 8:20.’

So we woke him up at 8:20 a.m. and took him to Raabita al-Aalam al-Islaamiyyah to attend some lengthy symposiums and meetings. He got home at his regular time of 2:30 pm. We were all about to fall on our faces out of exhaustion and fatigue but we didn’t notice any of that on him. May Allaah, the Most High, have mercy on him.”

Mawaaqif Mudee’ah, p. 149.

Here is a recording of the Shaikh reciting:

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz Sitting on Hay, There’s Rain and Lightning, He’s Crying and Teaching

“Shaikh ’Abdur-Rahmaan al-Jallaal told me that one time he went out for a picnic with His Eminence [Ibn Baaz, may Allaah have mercy on him], and said, ‘When we prayed maghrib and sat, as far as I recall, a cloud came along and it started to rain with Allaah’s leave and it became heavy. The Shaikh told us to go back, we did and [by then] on the way darkness had spread. When we had left some farmers had seen us [earlier] when we had passed them by, and they knew that the Shaikh was with us, so [now] they started to light some fires with leafless palm-branches so that we could see our way, when we saw the fires we found our way to their farms and came to them. In those days the people were in difficult times, they took us to a small room made of clay where hay would be kept and it was still raining, we let the Shaikh enter and then got up on the hay along with him and sat on it, waiting for the rain to slow.

So the Shaikh said to me, ‘O Abu ’Abdullah, read.’ So I was surprised, how can I read at this uneasy time? It’s night time, raining and there’s lightning!
So the Shaikh said,
‘Since we’re sitting here, recite, and recite your portion.’ When the Shaikh said, ‘Recite your portion,’ I realised that the Shaikh meant that I should lengthen my recitation. So I recited from Surah al-A’raaf and when I finished the Shaikh started to elucidate and explain it and tears were preceding his words, may Allaah have mercy on him.”
Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar,pp. 19-20.

See this post for more about Ibn Baaz crying, may Allaah grant him Firdous, wa sallallaahu ’alaa Muhammad, Aameen.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...s-rain-and-lightning-hes-crying-and-teaching/

Last edited:

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz’s Tears
1. “He, may Allaah have mercy on him, used to cry a lot when listening to the Noble Quraan, whatever the voice of the reciter was like or however good or not so good his recitation was.
2. And he used to cry when he would hear something from the PropheticSunnah.

3. I saw him more than one time crying when he would hear the biography of a scholar mentioned in
Al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah, or Tahdheeb at-Tahdheeb or Siyar A’laam an-Nubalaa.
4. He also used to cry when he would hear about the persecution and torture that Muslims were enduring in some countries.
5. When he would cry he would do so with a very faint sound, the effects would be seen on his face, or tears could be seen flowing from his eyes, he didn’t like that the voice be raised when crying.
6. He used to cry a lot when he would talk about his Shaikh, His Eminence Muhammad Ibn Ibrahim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in fact he wouldn’t be able to continue talking about him [and would have to stop].

7. He would cry a lot upon hearing something mentioning the glorification of the Quraan or the Sunnah. I remember reading the book, Al-Qawl al-Qaweem, by the Shaikh, the ’Allaamah Humood at-Tawaijiri,to him during which we came across what Shaikh Humood had said about glorifiying theSunnah, so I looked at him and His Eminence’s tears were flowing down his cheeks.

8. When he would be invited somewhere as a guest, it was His Excellency’s habit to ask someone present to recite some aayahs in order to beautify the gathering[’s atmosphere], and then he would explain them—many times I would notice him crying, [and his] tears and a change in his voice.

9. He would cry a lot when one of the well-known scholars or someone distinguished in their service to Islaam would pass away, he cried when Shaikh Saalih al-’Ali an-Naasir passed away, and Shaikh Hamood at-Tuwaijiri, and Shaikh Saalih ibn Ghasoon, and he also cried when the Pakistani President Zia-ul-Haq passed away, may Allaah have mercy on them all.

10. When some of the poor and needy or some of the oppressed people would present their situations to him he would be affected by it and feel compassion and at times cry.
11. When he would hear news about the affliction and harshness that Muslims were facing he would cry and his voice would change.
12. He would cry many times when he would lead the people in prayer but he would control himself.

13. He would also cry when supplicating, I used to look at his face very carefully when he would supplicate at ’Arafah or at Safa and Marwah, and I would find tears flowing down his cheeks and would notice a change in his voice.
14. Many times he would cry during his lessons, and so would stop for a short while until what he felt had passed, but sometimes he would be overcome.
15. And he would cry many times upon hearing the story of the slander against Aishah [may Allaah be pleased with her], or the story of the three Companions who remained behind.

16. I used to read Al-Jawaab al-Kaafi of Ibn al-Qayyim to him during many sittings, and he would cry during some of the moving parts in the book.
17. Dr. Muhammad ash-Shawai’ir used to read Al-Bidaayah wan-Nihaayah to him and he would cry when he would hear what was written in connection to wars especially when it involved the killing of many Muslims.

18. And he would sometimes cry when he would hear moving poetry calling to virtue and excellence …”

Jawaanib min Seeratil-Imaam ’Abdul-’Aziz Ibn Baaz, pp. 118-120.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02/10/ibn-baazs-tears/

Last edited:

Shishani

Staff member
Take Heed and Use Your Brain, This is How It’s Done: The Man who Abused and Cursed Ibn Baaz and who then Passed Away—The Gentleness, Mercy, and Understanding of Ibn Baaz

“An example of the soundness of the Shaikh’s heart can be seen in what Shaikh ’Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Jallaal narrated to me, may Allaah reward him, where he said that Shaikh Ibn Baaz ruled against a man in a certain issue and the man became upset and he was someone who had a sharp tongue and he started to insult the Shaikh and speak ill of him.

After a while that man passed away while Shaikh Ibn Baaz was on Hajj. When his body was brought forward after one of the obligatory prayers to be prayed over, the Imaam, who was one of the students of Shaikh Ibn Baaz, asked, ‘Who is the deceased?’ They said, ‘So and so.’ He said, ‘The one who spoke ill of Shaikh Ibn Baaz and swore at him? By Allaah, I won’t pray over him!’

We prayed over him along with the people. [Afterwards] some people were saying that this Imaam who didn’t pray over that man will have a high and privileged standing in the eyes of Shaikh ’Abdul-’Aziz.

When the Shaikh, may Allaah have mercy on him, came back from Hajj, they told him that that man had passed away, so he asked for Allaah’s mercy for him. Then they told him that the Imaam didn’t pray over him—and the Shaikh became angry, visibly so, and he wasn’t pleased [at all]. Then he told someone, either ’Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Jallaal or someone else, to take him to the graveyard, and [when he got there] he stood at the grave of that man and prayed and supplicated for him.”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, p. 67.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...ntleness-mercy-and-understanding-of-ibn-baaz/

Shishani

Staff member
“Let’s Pray Here at Home,” So Ibn Baaz Became Silent [Lowering his Head]
and then Struck the Floor with his Walking Stick, and said …

“An ambassador had invited the Shaikh to open his fast with him during Ramadaan, and so he did along with a group of guests. Then when he wanted to pray [maghrib] the host said, ‘We’ll pray in congregation [here] in the house, O Shaikh.’

So Ibn Baaz became silent [lowering his head], and then struck the floor with his walking stick and stood up saying, ‘‘Whoever hears the call and does not come, his prayer is not valid, except for those who have an excuse,’[Ibn Maajah, Al-Albaani said, ‘Saheeh’] get up and go to the mosque.’

So they stood up, all of them, and prayed in congregation in the mosque.”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, p. 42.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...aaz-became-silent-lowering-his-head-and-said/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz Asked Over and Over to Have His House Bought for Him, so He Said …

“I came to him one day and tried to approach him [concerning the forthcoming issue], asking and trying to get him to please agree for me to try and buy the house which he was living in in Makkah, because it was rented and not his. I tried to convince him and told him that I don’t need anything but for you to agree and the rest is on me.

So he said, ‘Turn your attention away from this issue. Anything that you need from me in order to help or intercede for the Muslims, then do not hesitate [to ask me]—but about anything for me, then no.’”

Imaamul-’Asr, p. 73.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...-to-have-his-house-bought-for-him-so-he-said/

Shishani

Staff member
The Story of the Opening of Ibn Baaz’s Mosque in Makkah

“What is more amazing than all of this is that the Shaikh would not set himself above others even though people’s hearts were overflowing with love for him, and their intellects compliant to his opinion, and ready to carry out his orders. [On the contrary] he would walk amongst the people as though he was one of them, never boasting of his knowledge, nor looking at others with contempt, and he would not look at his great rank and the various titles that he had.

As an example, the Shaikh, may Allaah have mercy on him, always used to pray in the first row directly behind the Imaam, but if, due to something unexpected, he was slightly late in getting to the first row, he would not allow the person sitting in front of him to get up from his place for him and he would become angry if that did happen.

An amazing story which shows the Shaikh’s distance from distinguishing himself from others is that when any mosque was built the Jumu’ah prayer would not be held in it until a fatwa had been issued from His Eminence [Ibn Baaz]. So when we set up his Jaami’ mosque in Makkah al-Mukarramah I asked for his permission to hold Jumu’ah there, so he said, ‘No, not until the fatwa is issued!’

So I said, ‘O Shaikh, you are the Mufti [of all of Saudi Arabia].’ He said, ‘Even so, this process must follow its official due course and must go before the council just like any other mosque does.’ So we followed his order.

[Then] on the Friday of the week in which the mosque had opened, hoards of people arrived successively to the mosque thinking that the Friday prayer would be held there [i.e., when a mosque is initially opened in Saudi, the regular daily prayers are held there but to start the Jumu’ah khutbahconsent is needed], since it was the mosque of the Mufti and [thus] it’s not possible that there would be a delay caused by waiting until a fatwa was issued allowing the Friday prayer.

So when I left half an hour before the [start of the] Friday prayer, [on my way] I saw that the mosque was jammed with people and so I felt very perturbed and went straight to the mosque in which the Shaikh was going to pray Jumu’ah, and it was his habit to go early for the Friday prayer, he would go about two hours before it, so [when I got to the mosque he was in] I crossed the rows to get to him, may Allaah have mercy on him, and said, ‘O Shaikh! The mosque is jammed with worshippers—they opened the doors and went in, so what should be done?’

He said, ‘Go and tell them to go to another mosque.’ So I said,Yaa Shaikh, it’s [very] awkward! What do you think if I were to give them a short sermon to ease this difficult situation for them?’ So he said, ‘The fatwa [for the permission to hold the Friday sermon] hasn’t been issued yet. Go and apologise to the people.’

So I went back carrying a mountain of grief on my back, Yaa Allaah, a very difficuly situation, people ready [for prayer], perfumed, ready and waiting for the new Imaam to ascend [the pulpit] and delight their ears with akhutbah, and now I was to stand in front of them saying, ‘Jumu’ah prayer will not be held,’ I almost fled and left it, but then I worried about the negative effects that would have, so there was no option but to carry out the Shaikh’s order.

So I stood before the people and said to them, ‘Yaa ikhwaan, apologies,Jumu’ah prayer will not be held here because the fatwa has not been issued yet, so go to another mosque close by, and your reward is with Allaah the Most High.’

So they stood up, losing their temper in my face and raising their voices and one of the Shaikhs there said, ‘I will lead you in the Jumu’ah prayer, call theiqamah, call the iqaamah for the prayer.’

So I said,
Yaa ikhwaan, these are not my words nor my opinion, this is the order of His Eminence Shaikh ’Abdul-’Aziz ibn Baaz!’

And so all of a sudden the situation calmed down, the people settled, the red faces disappeared and the voices became humbled so that you could just hear a whisper, and they departed in peace and with good.
And all praise is for Allaah.”

Imaamul-’Asr, pp. 106-108.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02/17/the-story-of-the-opening-of-ibn-baazs-mosque-in-makkah/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz and Time: How He Would Spend Time on an Airplane

“Shaikh Muhammad al-Musa said, ‘The Shaikh wouldn’t let a single minute go to waste when resident or travelling. When he wanted to travel from Riyadh to Taif or Jeddah or elsewhere, then from the moment he got on the plane he would begin utilising his time. We would take turns reading to him, three or four of us, and would become fatigued, weary and worn out while he would, as usual, be patient, full of endurance and vigour.’

‘… from the time he boarded the plane and when it would begin to move along the runway and [then] begin to take-off, and while in the air until it landed, and the doors were opened to exit—[all this time] we would be reading to him continually, issues [that needed his judgement], cases, books, religious issues … all of that, each one of us clerks would have a load of papers and books under his armpits, ever ready waiting for his turn to read to the Shaikh!’”

Imaamul-’Asr, p. 41.

See here and here for examples of Al-Albaani’s time saving.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02/21/ibn-baaz-and-time-how-he-would-spend-time-on-an-airplane/

Shishani

Staff member
When Ibn Baaz Lost his Eyesight, His Mother was Sitting Next to him
Crying, upon Seeing that the Prince’s Wife told Her to …

“Shaikh Muhammad ibn Ibrahim al-Humoodi mentioned a story to me about His Eminence, Shaikh ’Abdul-’Aziz ibn Baaz’s mother, so I asked him to write it which he did and for which I am grateful, dated 11/10/1421. Here is the text of the letter:

الحمد لله وحده، والصلاة والسلام على من لا نبي بعده

Thereafter, at the request of my brother ’Abdul-Aziz ibn ’Abdullah as-Sadhaan that I write down for him the story of what happened to our father, His Eminence, Shaikh ’Abdul-’Aziz ibn Baaz, may Allaah’s Mercy be on him, and on our parents and all Muslims, [I present the following].

’Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Naasir ibn Jaabir from Riyaadh told me that the Shaikh, may Allaah have mercy on him, lost his eyesight at the prime of his youth. His mother’s residence, and she was from the family of Huzaim, was in a district called Dikhnah, to the east of al-Hakm Palace. She used to have a neighbour who was the wife of Prince ’Abdul-’Aziz ibn Turki Aal-Su’ood.

[One time] the Prince’s wife visited her and Shaikh ’Abdul-’Aziz [then only a youth] was sitting beside his mother who was crying over him. So she asked her, ‘Why are you crying, Yaa Umm ’Abdil-’Aziz?’ So she replied that ’Abdul-’Aziz [Ibn Baaz] has lost his eyesight and that who [now] would look after his affairs?

So she said to her, ‘Crying will not bring anything back. Instead, seek Allaah’s Aid and perform ablution and pray two rak’ahs to Allaah and ask Him that just as He has taken his sight that He give him knowledge [in its place] which will benefit him and the Muslims.’

And Allaah answered his mother’s supplication.

And Allaah is the One who grants success.
Was-Salaamu ’alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu.
Muhammad ibn Ibrahim al-Hamoodi.’”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, p. 114.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...pon-seeing-that-the-princes-wife-told-her-to/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz Asking, “Have You Got Any Money on You?”

“No beggar would stand in the mosque asking the people for something except that Ibn Baaz would give him, and if he didn’t have anything with him to give he would take from the person next to him and give it to the beggar, and this happened on a number of occasions:

A beggar once stood up in the mosque asking the people so the Shaikh said to his attendant, ‘Do you have anything on you?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ So he said, ‘Give him fifty riyals.’ Another time a beggar stood up, so the Shaikh turned to the mu’adhhin and said, ‘Do you have any money on you?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ So he said, ‘Give him twenty riyals and I will give it back to you later.’ So themu’adhhin got up and gave the beggar twenty riyals and then forgot about it and thought that due to how busy the Shaikh was and due to his responsibilities and duties he too would forget.

And then [lo and behold later] the Shaikh sent his representative searching for the mu’adhhin who then gave him the twenty riyals, saying, ‘This is from the Shaikh.’

And he, may Allaah have mercy on him, was repeatedly asked about stopping beggars from begging in the mosque and he would say, ‘No, for Allaah, the Most High, said, “And repulse not the beggar.” [ad-Duhaa 93:10].”

Imaamul-’Asr, p. 155.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02/17/ibn-baaz-asking-have-you-got-any-money-on-you/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz and Having a Good Opinion of Others

“One of the greatest and most beautiful things you would see in this Shaikh was the good opinion [husn adh-than] he would have of Muslims, having a good opinion was his foundation, he didn’t like arousing doubts about a single Muslim or to cause distrust of him, or to say things that weren’t pleasing about him even if it reached him that a person may have personally wronged or maligned him, in fact, that would make him not care about the issue even more.

Some students of knowledge came to him and complained about someone to him and explained his mistakes and infractions, so the Shaikh started to dictate an answer to reprimand, advise, and direct him, whilst doing so one of the people [present] said, ‘And he, O Shaikh, speaks ill of you and slanders you.’

So the Shaikh said to his scribe, ‘Stop.’ And he left off dictating fearing that it would be said, ‘The Shaikh seeks revenge for himself.’”

Imaamul-’Asr, p. 149.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02/17/ibn-baaz-and-having-a-good-opinion-of-others/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz and Jumu’ah

“It was his habit to go early for Jumu’ah prayer, most of the time he would go two hours before it …”

Imaamul-’Asr, p. 107.

Shishani

Staff member
After Being Praised Ibn Baaz Said …

“One time I came to his house and happened to meet him after he had just gotten up from dinner and was on his way to wash his hands, his son Ahmad, may Allaah bless him, was with him. So I gave him salaam and said, ‘O Shaikh! I want to speak to you about something that I feel inside,’ I said that to him trying to avail the opportunity of having found the Shaikh alone, so he said, ‘Khair, inshaa Allaahu ta’aala.’

When he finished washing his hands, I said to him, ‘O Shaikh! Praise Allaah, because part of the good-tidings which have come early for you is the love the people have for you and their acceptance for what you say,’ and I mentioned other things similar in nature.

So after praising and thanking Allaah the Most High, he said words to the effect, ‘We seek Allaah’s Aid. We are neglectful and we need to work together upon advising and goodness, we need advice and reminding.’

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, pp. 71-72.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02/15/after-being-praised-ibn-baaz-said/