Ibn Baaz | jewels of guidance

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz a Few Years Before his Death,
with Pain in his Knees, he was Offered a New House …
“A few years before the Shaikh’s death, may Allaah have mercy on him, he suffered from pain in his knee, so the wali al-amr [i.e., ruler], may Allaah reward him, wanted to build a house for the Shaikh without stairs so that he wouldn’t have to be burdened with having to climb them. When they consulted the Shaikh as to where it should be built for him, he, after supplicating for good for them, said, ‘There is no time left in my life and this house we are in is sufficient for us.’”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, p. 65.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...pain-in-his-knees-he-was-offered-a-new-house/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz the Worshipper

“Ibn Baaz’s son Ahmad said to me, ‘For as long as I’ve known my father he would get up an hour before fajr and pray eleven rak’ahs.’”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, p. 64.

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz the Verifier

“If someone asked him a question, especially if he was relating something about someone else, like a wife about a husband or vice versa, he would answer with words to the effect, ‘If the situation is as has been mentioned …’”

“One time he was asked about a man who would treat people with the legislated ruqya, and it was mentioned to him that there were some points of concern regarding him, so the Shaikh instructed the questioner to write them down so that the Shaikh could ask about them and make sure [about the facts].”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, p. 43.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02/15/ibn-baaz-the-verifier/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz Making Excuses for his Brothers and Verifying Information Before Jumping to Conclusions

“A man came to one of the Shaikh’s gatherings and he smelt of cigarettes. So someone came to the Shaikh and said, ‘O Shaikh, this man smokes and his thawb smells of cigarettes.’ The Shaikh replied, ‘Maybe he rode with someone who smokes, maybe he sat with someone and the cigarette smell in that gathering affected him [by getting into his clothes] …’”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, p. 43.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...ng-information-before-jumping-to-conclusions/

Shishani

Staff member
Uthaimeen Issuing a Fatwa, then Withholding and
Going to Ask His Shaikh for Guidance, His Shaikh Being Ibn Baaz

“And this shows the pinnacle of his piety in issuing fatwas, and this was concerning glucose injections, in one of his lectures he mentioned a ruling concerning them and one of the people present objected with a medical opinion which went against the fatwa that the Shaikh had given, so the Shaikh announced that he [now] withheld judgement until he would go and ask his Shaikh, the ’Allaamah ’Abdul-’Aziz ibn Baaz, may Allaah have mercy on him. Then the next day he came back and gave them the fatwa of his Shaikh.”

Al-Jaami’ li-Hayaatil-’Allaamah Muhammad Ibn Saalih al-’Uthaimeen, p. 23.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...haikh-for-guidance-his-shaikh-being-ibn-baaz/

Shishani

Staff member
Ibn Baaz and the Weddings—His Veneration of the Prophetic Texts

“Sa’d ad-Daawood said, ‘His Eminence, the Shaikh came from Taif to Riyadh and we met him at the airport on a Thursday. We then went straight to the mosque so that he could undertake commenting and answering questions after the seminar [that had been held].

When he left the Jaami’, he took out a piece of paper from his pocket. So I read it and found that it was a wedding invitation at a hall that was far away, so I said, ‘O Shaikh! You’re tired and need some rest, so if you would cancel that [wedding] appointment.’ So the Shaikh asked the guards, ‘Do any of you know where the wedding hall is?’’ I was happy that the Shaikh didn’t ask me because I knew where it was. The guards said, ‘We don’t know it.’

The Shaikh said, ‘Sa’d, do you know it?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ So I added, ‘O Shaikh! You’ve just come from a journey and need some rest.’ So he said, ‘What will I say to my Lord when Allaah’s Messenger ﷺ has said, ‘He who is invited to a wedding feast or its like, he should accept it,’ [Muslim], seek Allaah’s Aid [and let’s go].’ So the Shaikh went answering the invitation.’”

[In another incident,] “A man came and said to the Shaikh, ‘O Shaikh ’Abdul-’Aziz!’
‘Yes,’ he replied.
‘You say that a person should or must attend a wedding invitation?’
‘Yes,’ said the Shaikh, ‘as long as it doesn’t have anything sinful there and as long as he doesn’t have any prior engagements.’
The man repeated his question to the Shaikh and so the Shaikh said, ‘You must attend, attend.’
The man said, ‘And if I don’t?’
The Shaikh made it binding upon him and said, ‘Attend.’
He replied, ‘O Shaikh! So if it doesn’t contain any sinning and I am not engaged with a prior appointment, I must attend?’
‘Yes.’
He said, ‘O Shaikh! I invite you to my son’s wedding tomorrow.’
So the Shaikh asked the person with him [whether he had any prior engagements], and they said, ‘You have no engagements.’
So he said, ‘I will attend inshaa Allaah.’”

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz, Duroos wa Mawaaqif wa ’Ibar, pp. 41-42.

http://giftsofknowledge.net/2014/02...ddings-his-veneration-of-the-prophetic-texts/