Ideal Body Weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

A typical male athlete in the West is 5'10" and 10.4 Stones (145.6 pounds OR 66.0430 Kilograms)....

That is a phenomenal statistic!

Ideal Body weight for Men:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/logout/news_features/idealweight_m.htm

Ideal Body weight for women:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/logout/news_features/idealweight_w.htm

BMI Index:

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/logout/news_features/idealweight_b.htm

So all of this is non-sense, isn't it? Because I am FAT by 0.2 of a stone (1.27 Kilograms) and it must be my Watch!

amyaishazouaoui

crazy

:salam2:

Well looking at the bmi chart i will be normal if i am between 9 and 10 stones...... ermmmmmmmmmm??? help????

At the moment i am not far off it, but id prefer myself to have a little bit more covering!!!

if i was 9 stones, i would look ill, well i look ill now but that is taking the biscuit!!!

I do recall a few years ago actualy my mum went to the dr for a check up. The calculated her bmi and classed her as obese, nearly severly obese.

At the time my mum was cycling more than 100 miles a week and holding down a full time job doing the gardening (mum has a huuuuge veggie plot)

Now you tell me, how can my mum be obese if she is training like that??

Its about time the medical institutions kicked these bmi things to the curb and looked at people as a whole.

Hey you cold be ok on the bmi chat and be anorexic, now that is not healthy.

A healthy balanced diet and a reasonable amount of excercise, preferably including the whole family and everyone will be fine inshallah

:wasalam:

AAZ

ShaheedU

Extinct
wa alaikumassalaam,

Well id take in to account the amount of oil we have to eat on a regular basis due to 'asian food'. Those muslims that dont eat it, well you could be the sizeo of Mr Blobby, and youd be 'OK' on my chart.
(My chart is not liable for any deaths or disease that may come as a result of thinking your 'ok' even though your the size of Mr. Blobby)

Furthermore, since the chart is fit around me, if youre not 5ft 6", you may be classed as 'abnormal'.
Other then that its scientifically accurate.:)

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
AS salamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu

Oh boy thats really insane. lol Anyways I am not going to tell my weight because its viewed by everybody. :p You are fit as long you dont feel bad about yourself and your body (weight, height, fat etc. ). But that HIIT method is really a good way to keep yourself in control. Also remember, burn more calorie than you consume.

Ultimate thing is that you should be fit regardless of what others think. You yourself feel good and be happy of how you are. That will give you peace of mind.

wa/salam

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Asslamo Allaikum,

So what will a Muslim index be like?

Salam Alaikum

As Muslims we shouldn't be over weight to begin with >"Healthy nutrition means a diet balanced in quantity. Eating too much is contrary to Islamic teachings.
In the Quran we read: Eat and drink, but avoid excess. (20:81) "

AS for the BMI scale it's kind of silly because it doesn't take into consideration the persons age, sex or build.

ShaheedU said:
Well id take in to account the amount of oil we have to eat on a regular basis due to 'asian food'

Use olive oil it's really good for you (in appropriate quanties), it's supposed to lower colestorol (SP?)

Globalpeace

Banned
Throw the BMI Index out the window!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I am superbly good-lookin and this index tells me that I am 0.2 stone FAT...

I know that my mirror on the wall never lies :SMILY335:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum,

If I'm not wrong our B.M.I/ideal weight is different from the western.
Asians body size/weight is different from the western.
I'll try to find the ideal weight chart for Asians.
If anyone can find it, do post it.

amyaishazouaoui

just for evryones info...the bmi does NOT apply to western people either.
i would have to be anorexic to fit onto my bmi ideal weight...and im serious. I have not been this skinny since i was 16 and didnt eat anything hardly at all and im still "fat " acording to that rubbish!!
I am not going to make myself ill trying to adhere to some paper work of a by gone 1950's era!
I am me and as long as i am keeping healthy and eating helathy food and have a healthy mind..then I will inshaAllah be just fine.

There is too much focusing on looks etc in the media these days. We should focus on our minds too. I dont know how many women are going totally nuts over thier body image, becuase the are told they are fat.

There are naturally skinny people out there but being unnartually skinny is bad for the whole body. Things like osteoporosis will take their toll in later life if we are not careful.

ok ive ranted enough

be happy with yourself and dont give a stuff what others think about how fat or thin you are.

:wasalam:

apocalypse77

you can be slim and still be healthy, and health is really important as you need to get urself closer to god..but in everything we do, theyre always a limit and boderline even when ure being health or weight conscious

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

BMI is not very good index to use. This is because it makes a very general assumption about relationship between height and total weight of a person (bone, muscle, fat.. everything).

People have different bone structures and muscle mass. These are heavier than fat.

BMA is not at all good for Athletes and those with active life styles because they will have more muscle and less fat then others.

- -Lets say you just start a 5 day a week training regime with 3 days weights (even light weights) and 2 days cardio then this would normally make you lose fat as well as gain muscle mass. Although, scientifically speaking this is different for all people and there are many factors (diet/nutrition, excercise intensity) as to whether you are indeed gaining muscle and losing fat.. but, normally you should be inshaAllah. - anyway, when you step on the scales you might find that your weight is the same or even a little bit more, or over course of first few weeks/months find it goes up and down!! even though you might be doing excruciating amount of excercise every morning!

Unfortunately, some people give up at that stage, but what they dont realise is that their body is adjusting to the new regime by adding muscle and getting rid of the fat. It is for this reason that most athletes check their status by using calipers that measure the skinfolds as well as other tests.

-- Also, another big misconception is that all fats are bad for you. PEople must realise there are also Good fats which are really needed by the body!!

Infact, i think im gonna put up an article about just that!

Wasalam

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamualaikum,

If I'm not wrong our B.M.I/ideal weight is different from the western.
Asians body size/weight is different from the western.
I'll try to find the ideal weight chart for Asians.
If anyone can find it, do post it.

Lol asian body size?

Whats the difference sis?

Status
Not open for further replies.