If a toothbrush is left in the bathroom, it will definitely contain fecal bacteria!

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Salam alikom,

This is really crazy, I am truly astonished to learn this. Every time you flush a toilet, it releases an aerosol spray of tiny tainted water droplets. So if, like many people, you leave your toothbrush, or any other object even yourself, in the vicinity of a toilet, it will become speckled with microscopic fecal matter!

Always close the lid of the toilet before you flush it.

JenGiove

:salam2:

I used to work as a microbiology Lab Tech. in a food testing laboratory. This information is correct except for one thing....closing the lid does prevent the majority of fecal chloroforms from spreading, BUT, it can still escape from under the seat and lid. You can kill most of the bacteria by submerging your toothbrush in a glass of Hydrogen Peroxide. The best thing is to place your toothbrush inside your medicine cabinet which is over the sink <in the USA>.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as-salam 'alaikum

I liked what JenGiove wrote.
You used "majority" and "most of the" ,
actually even clinical laboratory clean-rooms can't guarantee 100% germ-less.

however, what I do, put by tooth-brush, miswak in washroom space,
or in my thobe pocket in a wrapper. or even in my table in a wrapper.

subhan Allah, I dont know who have made this article, I mean which country or religion of.

our Islam, is so fulfilled, so hygienic , alhamdu li Allah, that we don't need any, if, IF we conscious enough to follow our religion just for the sake of Allah.

the western countries(i'm saying in general), they either forget to flush, or even they don't forget , they forget to clean their private parts with water. actually they need to follow what we do.

if we had followed our religion, the cleanliness instruction from sunnah, we would not have gone to this level, where we are today.
may Allah make us conscious about cleanliness and taharat.

Jazakum Allahu khair for the reminder
wassalam

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

some thing every one knows but no body knows....

am i confusing?? no , right??

what I mean is, every one should read this.. Insha Allah

alf2

Islam is a way of life
This is very true.

Did you know some people eat in the bathroom?? Gross :X

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

It is impossible to avoid ALL germs which is the reason Allah created our bodies with antibodies to protect us Alhamdulillah! :tti_sister:

Living in Morocco we dont keep ANYTHING in the bathroom because the bathroom consists of a hole in the floor surrounded by tile. Hmmm I guess I never apprecitated the concept of that until I read this post!!!

Wa salam

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

No Worries!! I do not keep my toothbrush in toilet. Its always kept in my cupboard and taken only when I need to brush my teeth. :D

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Some people keep they bathrooms so clean you can eat there.

salam 'alaykum

ha ha, you made me laugh

but the worst part in some parts of the world: they keep the toilet clean when the flush the commode, but don't flush their private parts.

honestly my toilet is clean, and I clean it myself, and there is nothing extra in my toilet, just a shampoo bottle, soapcase, tissue paper, simple tiled toilet, what is a big deal in keeping it clean like to have meal in toilet. (I'm not telling you , dont get me wrong) i mean in general.

private nature call should be private and should be kept clean and tidy, as it is important for us to clean ourselves and stay in a form of purity.

but likewise the media and advertisement show us: like a toilet should be like a resting place.

not to criticize others or other religion, I want to make the point: the report that the brother shared and we read, this will be rotten in the webpage , but the media and advertisement will rule, while that is more important

wa-llahu a'lam
wassalam

Valerie

Salam alikom,

This is really crazy, I am truly astonished to learn this. Every time you flush a toilet, it releases an aerosol spray of tiny tainted water droplets. So if, like many people, you leave your toothbrush, or any other object even yourself, in the vicinity of a toilet, it will become speckled with microscopic fecal matter!

Always close the lid of the toilet before you flush it.

I saw a tv show recently where they placed toothbrushes everywhere from on top of the toilet to many feet away, and some toothbrushes rinsed with clean water and placed under a glass in a different room so nothing would land on it.. I'm not sure the time lapse, but it may have been a few weeks or a month and they tested all of the toothbrushes. Even the ones that were placed under glass and away from the bathroom were contaminated.

aisha16

Some people keep they bathrooms so clean you can eat there.

Wow lol that's something my mom says all the time! :D But seriously that bit of information is equally disturbing and interesting. Thanks for sharing! Also, is there like a hadith or Islamic ruling about NOT reading in the bathroom. I'm trying to convince someone of this but it's not like I have any thing to back me up..is this doubtful????

JenGiove

Valerie;509259 Even the ones that were placed under glass and away from the bathroom were contaminated.[/quote said:
saifkhan said:
however, what I do, put by tooth-brush, miswak in washroom space,
or in my thobe pocket in a wrapper. or even in my table in a wrapper.

:salam2: Valerie and Saifkhan,

The reason why bacteria grows on those surfaces is because there are different types of bacteria...some grow in the presence of air+moisture+heat and some that ONLY grow in the presence of water+heat. Mold grows in the presence of air+water but no heat. It is better to place your toothbrush where fresh air can get to it and it can dry off. The simple sugars of our mouths, plus the water are prime places to grow bacteria and mold. That's why I said a small glass with Hydrogen Peroxide is good because it sterilizes your toothbrush between uses. You can rince the brush before you use it if the taste bothers you or you can just use it as is and the peroxide will help keep your teeth white. The strength of OTC peroxide isn't strong enough to count as frivolous beauty enhancements so it is islamicly safe to use. Also, because of its properties of cleansing wounds, if you have any small cuts in your mouth, it will help heal them.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2: Valerie and Saifkhan,

The reason why bacteria grows on those surfaces is because there are different types of bacteria...some grow in the presence of air+moisture+heat and some that ONLY grow in the presence of water+heat. Mold grows in the presence of air+water but no heat. It is better to place your toothbrush where fresh air can get to it and it can dry off. The simple sugars of our mouths, plus the water are prime places to grow bacteria and mold. That's why I said a small glass with Hydrogen Peroxide is good because it sterilizes your toothbrush between uses. You can rince the brush before you use it if the taste bothers you or you can just use it as is and the peroxide will help keep your teeth white. The strength of OTC peroxide isn't strong enough to count as frivolous beauty enhancements so it is islamicly safe to use. Also, because of its properties of cleansing wounds, if you have any small cuts in your mouth, it will help heal them.
This is great advice, thank you /Jazak Allah khairan.
wa salam alikom

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
I can't find it now but I read an article that states the toilet throws the water out up to 12 feet away. So it's good idea to keep that lid close when flushing. These are western toilets, disgusting and unhygienic. Only modern wanna bees copy these toilets in the east, otherwise everyone there has your typical in the ground latrine. Even china made special western toilets for athletes only during the Olympics and said rest can use china ground toilets as they are more hygienic.

Read a concert story back some time ago about this. There was a Muslim who worked at a convenient store and he would have water container in the bathroom to wash with after doing his business. See as westerners just wipe themselves and not wash. This one co-worker tried washing one time and the came out crying. He was happy that he felt so clean and that alone caused him to convert to islam. Feces germs can pass through 10 layers of toilet paper, wiping is useless. Besides that sh*t only attracts flies - http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7120/asssc.jpg

In the east, the toilet is all by itself at the other end of the house, away from the rest of the rooms. And the wash room has the shower and sink area only. Only in west you find all these illnesses that are unheard of in the east.

AS for the toothbrush (in west where toilet is in the same room), they should be kept outside of the toilet room. You can get simple brush holders and put them in there and in your room, along wit your towel.

RecycledPlasticToothbrushSoapDish_l.jpg

Fun Fact

According to Seattle Public Health, sewer rats follow food up the pipes to toilets. Keep your toilet lid down. Flush a rat away by squirting in a little dishwashing liquid and then flushing.

see also about Washing vs Wiping

Ershad

I can't find it now but I read an article that states the toilet throws the water out up to 12 feet away. So it's good idea to keep that lid close when flushing. These are western toilets, disgusting and unhygienic.
[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
:wasalam:

Your post reminded me of something I read a year ago. Gladly, I found it. It is humourous. But, it's physics :D. Here is the post:http://www.askamathematician.com/20...-toilet-bowl-when-you-ehem-take-a-dump-in-it/.
You may avoid the mathematics if you want. But, there is a solution at the end to avoid water spikes. It's funny but works :)

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

There can be no absolute hygiene or cleanliness. It is a relative term. Microbes can reach almost anywhere and everywhere. Only rain water is free of microbes. And vacuum too. :)

BTW,I safely lodge my toothbrush outside my bathroom in a shelf.

One question,every Masjid I have visited harbor toilets obviously,the traditional ones. Is it a new practice or had been continuing since the inception of first ever Masjid during the lifetime of Prophet (SAW)?.

Regards.

JenGiove

Assalamu Alaikum:

There can be no absolute hygiene or cleanliness. It is a relative term. Microbes can reach almost anywhere and everywhere. Only rain water is free of microbes. And vacuum too. :)

BTW,I safely lodge my toothbrush outside my bathroom in a shelf.

One question,every Masjid I have visited harbor toilets obviously,the traditional ones. Is it a new practice or had been continuing since the inception of first ever Masjid during the lifetime of Prophet (SAW)?.

Regards.

I'm sorry brother but vacuum and rainwater both have microbes....there is bacteria that lives in space, the same ones that can live in Antartica and survive the scorching heat of an auto-clave which reaches temps of up to 121 °C...I know. I was a lab technician in the food testing field for a few years and part of my job was to destroy the used media and bacteria filled media plates in the auto-clave. I was also certified by the Public Health Department to test milk and milk products....a test that required examination every 6 months...

As for the "traditional" toilets, biologically, they are much better for you than the sit down toilets of the west. I can only assume as to why Majids of the west use them but to me, it would seem like another connection to the behavior of Mohammad and also to your other brothers/sisters.

sachin4islam

I'm sorry brother but vacuum and rainwater both have microbes....there is bacteria that lives in space, the same ones that can live in Antartica and survive the scorching heat of an auto-clave which reaches temps of up to 121 °C...I know. I was a lab technician in the food testing field for a few years and part of my job was to destroy the used media and bacteria filled media plates in the auto-clave. I was also certified by the Public Health Department to test milk and milk products....a test that required examination every 6 months...

As for the "traditional" toilets, biologically, they are much better for you than the sit down toilets of the west. I can only assume as to why Majids of the west use them but to me, it would seem like another connection to the behavior of Mohammad and also to your other brothers/sisters.

Assalamu Alaikum: Sis.

Thanks for correcting.

At my home we have both traditional toilet and sit down toilet. As orthopedic surgeons stress here use traditional toilets up to age of forty and than switch off to the sit down mode.

Regards.