Hadith If there is no Modesty then do whatever you want!!

Mohammad Rafoqie

modesty.jpg

If there is no Modesty then do whatever you want

By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet PBUH said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (parts). And Haya (modesty) is also a part of faith.

This Hadith reveals that Eman consists of more than sixty branches and modesty i.e. shyness, bashfulness and humility is also a part of faith. It means that if a faithful believer has these qualities, then he will stop himself from committing bad actions i.e. adultery, telling a lie, accepting bribery, dacoit and insulting others etc. Because in this way, he will keep in mind that Allah is Omnipresent and Seeing me what I am doing. The holy Prophet PBUH said that," If you have no modesty than do whatever you want" (Al-Mishkat). It means that if there is no modesty, then one sets him free from any fear of accountability and does whatever he wants good or bad actions.

So a Muslim should think particularly in the time of loneliness that whatever he/she is doing and should act the teachings of Islam so that he might be successful in this world and also in the Hereafter.