If you have religious papers can you shred them

Jannahsweetie

jannah sweetie
Asalam alaykum, if you have religious papers with quranic literature on,
Or from hadith, is the only way of destroying them by burning? Or can you shred them if its easier? Sometimes we get papers from charity which we no longer need? Your answers will
be greatly appreciated.

saiyid

Or from hadith, is the only way of destroying them by burning? Or can you shred them if its easier? Sometimes we get papers from charity which we no longer need? Your answers will
be greatly appreciated.
Slmz sista rather u just bury it.
be greatly appreciated.

happilyeverhereafter

Not a perfect Muslim but a striving one! :)
be greatly appreciated.

Good question, sis! I was actually wondering the same. I definitely know that you're not supposed to throw them away nor put in the recycling bin. So I only heard that it's best that they be burned. I'll have to take a look at the link Brother Itqan included because I'm curious to know if there's more to this than just burning them. I too wonder if it would be okay to shred them because I have a pile of papers with Hadith on them and I haven't done anything with them yet.