I'm a new brother

Muhammad Omar

ASalamu Alakum . I'm a new brother. I've been struck by sin and I'm trying to get Allah to forgive me. I know Allah has a plan for me inshalla . My question is how do you pray? I only speak English and I need to know if Allah will accept my prayer in English. Any advice would be very helpful.

Secondly, I need all the specifics on how many rak' at per prayer. Any help will be appreciated

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum.

We all are sinners.

Allah is the most mercifull, so do not worry. Just don´t repeat your sins and trust Him.

Personally I believe that if you try your best to pray and you can´t do it by any other language than your own, Allah will understand what you mean in your heart.

Remember allways this:

970556_677709228912966_1718293024_n.jpg

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
ASalamu Alakum . I'm a new brother. I've been struck by sin and I'm trying to get Allah to forgive me. I know Allah has a plan for me inshalla . My question is how do you pray? I only speak English and I need to know if Allah will accept my prayer in English. Any advice would be very helpful.

Secondly, I need all the specifics on how many rak' at per prayer. Any help will be appreciated

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah.

Welcome to the site, brother.

Here are some helpful links:

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/memorise-essential-supplications.51847/page-2
[The first two pages.]

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=539&stc=1&d=1163579488

And to make it short,

For Obligatory/fard prayers (17 in total):

Fajr: 2 raka`aat
Dhuhr: 4 raka`aat
`Asr: 4 raka`aat
Maghrib: 3 raka`aat
`Ishaa': 4 raka'aat

For Supererogatory/Sunnah Ar-rawaatib prayers (12 in total according to popular opinions):

Fajr: 2 raka`aat before
Dhuhr: 4 (prayed two at a time) raka`aat before and 2 after
Maghrib: 2 raka`aat after
`Ishaa': 2 rak`aat after

And:
Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "May Allah have mercy on a man who performs four Rak`ah before the `Asr prayer.''
[Abu Daawud and At-Tirmidhi].

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) said: There are two prayers that the messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) never neglected to pray in my house secretly or publicly: Two Rak’ah before Fajr and two Rak’ah after Asr. [Bukhari #592]