im christine from the united states

looking4him

i am on a quest for truth i want to learn more i am affraid to go to a mosque as i dont know how a woman begins i have little knowlege of islam and where to start .will i be welcomed or turned away? can i attend meetings as i don't speak arabic. many question plz help .

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
i am on a quest for truth i want to learn more i am affraid to go to a mosque as i dont know how a woman begins i have little knowlege of islam and where to start .will i be welcomed or turned away? can i attend meetings as i don't speak arabic. many question plz help .

Assalamualycum,

You are welcom to this website.I hope this website will help you a lot to to learn about Islam.

And i suppose there is no need to Afraid.You can go to Mosque,u will be welcomed there also.

So go ahead.

Hope you will find the truth soon.

Take care ,

Hi Christine,

Welcome to the international family where boundaries don't exist. Inshallah (God willing) you will find this community friendly and resourceful.

I think the initial step of going to the masjid might seem hard, but trust me it's very warm and welcoming. We are all brothers and sisters after all. Please share your experiences with us and we look forward to hearing from you

You don't have to speak Arabic or be Arab to attend a masjid. In fact alot of them give the sermon in English. Just make sure you take a shower or perform wudu (abulation) before you go.

Try this site to find a masjid near you:

www.islamicfinder.org

--------------
"If you were to trust in Allah genuinely He would provide you provision as He does for the birds which go hungry in the morning and come back full in the evening"

Imran_00

Descendent of Aadam

Peace be unto you

Welcome to TTI. as you are living in United States then the people in the mosque will be speaking english. dont worry about lanugage it will be all good. if you feel more comfortable then you can ask some of the sister on this site. join the sisters club.

dianne

Peace be unto you

Welcome to TTI. as you are living in United States then the people in the mosque will be speaking english. dont worry about lanugage it will be all good. if you feel more comfortable then you can ask some of the sister on this site. join the sisters club.

Welcome sis,enjoy your stay

Rawa

Hello!

Dear Madam,

TRUTH is the most important thing in the world that you are seeking for. To find truth we should make efforts and never feel afraid or shy. And remember to find the truth is to find happiness. Is there anyone in the world does not want happiness?! Everyone in the world, of course, seeks for happiness, but NOT everyone finds the way takes us to the real happiness.

I am hopeful you will reach the truth as soon as possible, for God guides those who are seeking for truth.

Do not be hesitant, get ready and ask God to guide to the truth, ask him within your heart, and be as prepared as someone who is going to make the most important decision in his/her life. Do not forget, to seek for truth requires you have a very good INTENTION that you do not want just to live, but you want to know the philosophy of life, in other words, you think, understand, and have wisdom, and do not want to just spend day with no goal or aim. Sometimes one finds truth, but it is opposite to some of his valuse and priciples in his life. So, one who is in search of truth should be able to sacrifice less or more, and he/she will oneday realize how truth important is, that is greater than any kinds of sacrifice. Hence, you never regret whatever you have done for finding the truth. When you find the truth, you see you have got so many important thing that you did not even realise that you would be in need of them, or they would bring you happiness. Moreover, truth helps you get rid of doubtness, that you always feel happy and comfort after you have found the truth.

Then you can go to a mosque close to you, it is better to have a muslim friend with you if you have nay. If not, it is just easy. Do not worry about language barriers, in all the mosques in the West there are Musliam who can speak English fluently. Do not afraid at all, they are very friendly and paitient with eveyone. Ask what whatever question you may have.

I wish you sucess in your efforts to find the truth

Rawa
Liverpool, UK

looking4him

thank you thank you !! i have tears in my eyes as i read your response truth is what i seek i will go to the mosque i have found one very near my home but i saw a program on tv where even muslim women were turned away from there mosque (this was in england) and i am not aware if that is the practice at all mosques ? that is why i asked . thank you again

but i saw a program on tv where even muslim women were turned away from there mosque (this was in england) and i am not aware if that is the practice at all mosques ? that is why i asked . thank you again

I heard that incident too..its an act of jahiliah...but dont let the media highlight something and brainwash u.. read the Quran itself to find out the truth

Faisel

Welcome

Well we are very glad on behalf of TTI Team to welcome in this special and helpful Forum which we like all the time to exchange Ideas and to tell everyone who doesn't know Islam wuts it and hows it and everything realted to it. regarding ur question I think u can attend all meetings cuz it doesn't depend on u speak or arabic or no and its not a condition cuz wherever there are meetings in Arabic there are also subtitles in other languages too, plus u can attend meetings by the Common Orators like Sh Khalid Yasin from America,Dr Zakir Naik,Yusuf Estes,Yusuf Islam and many oher titles who're there for u for giving any kind of help towards this religion.
The Fact we in the TTI also provide such assistance bt in different way plz review all of our Sections and tell us how u see it

Regards
Faisel

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Our community can help you.

Assalamo-alikum Sister.

I welcome you into our international community of Muslims.

If you live in S.E. Michigan then I can definitely help you. We have a vibrant Muslim community in this part of Michigan. We have more than 30 mosques in this region, and except Dearborn where there are mostly Arabic speaking Muslims live, all other mosques use English as primary mean of communication. So you do not need to worry about the language.

We have an organization called WhyIslam (www.whyislam.org) which is based in Chicago, but provide help all over US in getting materials as well as pointing to a Muslim support group nearest you.

Their phone number is: 877-WHY-ISLAM (877-949-4752)

You can also email a senior fellow named Sabeel Ahmed: [email protected]

I hope I am able to help you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Wassalam.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalamu aleikum sister
Don't be afraid going to the Mosque,but just be aware of the Nation of Islam Mosque,its different group.I been in one of those mosques by mistake..
waaleikum salam

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Salam

To be honest I've heard some sad stories about women not being allowed to enter the Mosque (btw this is 100% unIslamic). A lot of mosques have services in english, where I live they have friday prayer Khutbah (sermon) in english. I would call the mosque and ask when a good time would be to drop by, don't be affraid to ask questions, it's the only way to gain knowledge.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

Salaam!

Don't be afraid. I was extremely nervous my first time going to the masjid but all the women around me took me underneath their wing because they saw my nervousness. You should of heard me take my shahadah in front of everyone the night I went to the masjid the first night. I could of passed out, but in a good way. It was all uphill from there :)

Sarah

mhelal2

God bless you

Hi sister,

Don't worry, things are differnt here in USA than England, I've seen the documentry you are talking about, there are not many Muslims like this way in USA, you will find open-minded Muslims in shaa Allah in USA, they will be happy to help you.

Just don't be afraid to ask for help.