Imams sue over removal from plane

suumaya

Asalamu alaikum bothers and sisters.

Six Muslim imams ordered off a US Airways flight at minneapolis-st. paul international airport last november have filed a discrimination lawsuit against the airline and the metropolitan airports commission, claiming they were removed from the plane because of their race and religion.
in a 38-page document filed monday in U.S. district court in minneapolis, the plaintiffs said they were "horrified and humiliared" after police removed them, under pilot's orders, from the plane in front of dozens of other passengers nov. 20 as if they were criminals.
Philip Gee, a spokesman for US airways, based in Tempe, Ariz, said monday the company hadn't seen the lawsuit and couldn,t comment on it. however, he said in an e-mail, our initial position has not changed. our employees acted appropriately, and we continue to back the actions of our crew and ground employees in this case...

I heard of this story awhile ago. The brothers were performing their salat before getting on the plane and supposedly some guy thought they were suspicious. I wonder how he figured that? I assume he was using his own bias assumptions. I don't know if it was this incident or another, but I think the guy who told on the imams wrote a letter to the flight attendant saying he heard them saying "Allah Akbar" and other prayers, then the men were takin out of the plane and to jail. Welcome to America, where ignorance and "freedom" of speech can cost YOU a price.

Look at propoganda by the US Airways:

"This was not about prayer, but rather about behavior on the airplane that led to a decision by our crew members -- backed by local law enforcement -- to remove these customers from the airplane for further questioning."

What is it about? So now I am on a airplane and I here a Christian or Jewish person saying a prayer, I too will hold them suspect. That should equally make it justified. This scrutiny was total discrimination and no underlying facts, just on how someone "felt." These people know nothing about Islam, even when they try to tell the truth they are still lying.