Interesting Immediate Wilayat (Friendship with Allah Ta'ala)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaiki warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh, sister.

Who is this Hazrat Maulana Yunus Patel Saheb? (He must be pretty well-known if he has two titles before his name - "Hazrat" and "Maulana")

I didn't want to jump to conclusions from his Maulana title, so did a little Google search, and I found out that he celebrates the 15th of sha`baan (red flag?). And then I saw a little something that lead me to believe that he might be a Soofee... So inshaa'Allaah, if you know more about him, do share. =)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

I've heard he's authored a very famous book on "Combating the whisperings of Shaytaan". In my PDF of the book, it says he's associated with Daamat Barakaatuhum. I don't know what that is.

Anyway, I have read that obviously fasts and zakaah not done before must be made up. Making up salaah prayers doesn't have scholarly consensus - some say its okay to do it, others say it can't be made up. I have seen both variations on IslamQA, I think, Allahu alim.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Passing away while doing tawaf in the sacred haram. MashaAllah. Do you know whether he was there for Hajj or just an umrah?

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum dear sis.

I would like to tell you that this man, Maulana Yunus Patel whom ALLAH favoured with death while making tawaaf isn't a Sufi.
Maashaa'Allaah that's a beautiful way to return back to our Lord. But, just because one dies in tawaaf or sajdah does not necessarily mean they're ahl-al-Jannah, that's for Allaah `azza wa jalla to decide.
The sad part is, we are very quick at judging.
He passed away a few years ago. I think in 2011 if not mistaken. He was staying here in South Africa and i have never heard that he celebrates the 15th of sha'baan.
Ukht, I looked him up before 'judging' him. I thought I included that in my earlier post. But khayr inshaa'Allaah, here you can see for yourself:
Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wassallam) said, “Sha`baan is a month between Rajab and Ramadaan which is neglected by many people. And it is a month in which an account of deeds is presented before the Lord of the Universe, so I wish that my deeds be presented at a time when I am in a state of fasting.” [1]

We also find in this blessed month, the night of Bara`ah : A Favour and Bounty of Allah Ta’ala Who, through this night, makes it easy for us to prepare for Ramadaan.
First, Allah Ta’ala gives us the 15th night of Sha`baan – an exclusive opportunity for Taubah, Rujoo Ilallah, Dua and other Ibaadah… and then He gives us an entire month saturated with opportunities to secure His Pleasure. He gives us Ramadaan. Alhamdulillah.

The following analogy came to my mind : That the Ibaadah of the 15th night of Sha`baan is similar to how a person does a re-paint of his house.
When a person wants to paint his house, what does he do if the old paint is flaking, if the old paint is peeling and falling off? Would he just take the new paint and apply a fresh coat on top of all the old, flaking paint? …No.

The person firsts scrapes off all the old paint. After doing this, he applies the new paint.
The night of Bara`ah is akin to scraping off the “old paint”. Allah Ta’ala gives us this blessed and auspicious night so that we scrape off all the old paint and all the dirt of malice, of greed, of pride, of anger and of other bad and evil traits, which have spoilt the beauty of our hearts and which have worn out the shine of our hearts, and through which we have lost the colour of Divine Love which coated our hearts.

…Thus, if we are not on talking terms with our family members, or have cut off ties with parents or vice versa, or have been disobedient to parents, or if there is anyone taking some kind of intoxicant, or engaging in some form of shirk, or is harbouring malice and jealousy, or engaging in any form of immorality and disobedience – then the opportunity to rid the heart of its evil, to clean it and purify it, to paint it in the dye of Allah Ta’ala’s Love, to beautify it with the Noor of sincere repentance and the Remembrance of Allah Ta’ala is presented to us in the form of the 15th night of Sha`baan.
…Very much like the scraping of the old paint … with a re-coat of fresh ‘paint’ before the month of Ramadaan. We apply the new coat so that it begins to shine in advance of Ramadaan and increases in its shine and beauty with each passing day of Ramadaan.

So Allah Ta’ala gives us this night, in preparation for the coming month of Ramadaan. And most of us are acquainted with the merits of this night : That it is a night for forgiveness of sins, a night in which Allah Ta’ala’s Mercy descends.
From our side, we should maximise on the wonderful bounties found in this night, by engaging ourselves in Ibaadah, in Dua and in Istighfaar.

There is no hard and fast rule as to what to read and how to occupy ourselves in this night. In reality, it is spending the time in diverse Ibaadah; whatever our hearts incline to – some recitation of Qur`aan Shareef and Zikrullah, together with sincere Taubah, abundant Istighfaar, and deep-hearted Dua. Sleep for a little while and try and get up for the Tahajjud Salaah and engage in Dua. …There is no reason to feel disappointed if the person is working the entire day and does not then have the capacity to remain awake for most of the night… to whatever extent, the person makes an effort in this night.
http://yunuspatel.co.za/articles-shabaan-and-the-coming-of-ramadaan.php
If it was possible, i would have asked his wife if he celebrated the 15th of sha'baan but by ALLAH's will, she passed away last year in Ramadhaan.
Inna lillaahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji`oon. May Allaah have mercy on her soul and make her grave spacious.
Suspicion is not a good thing. I pray that we stop dividing ourselves. Every Muslim has some form of goodness.

Maybe you did not mean to use those words? Ukhty, as you know, it is upon us to make sure our knowledge comes from pure sources. I saw your thread, the title was interesting, but first thing I saw was the name of the article's author and well, I was obviously unfamiliar with it. So I went to go search him up. I see nothing wrong in doing that. In fact, I encourage you and everyone else to do that whenever you're presented with a similar situation.
This is not me 'dividing' us up. If I see you or anyone listening to or following someone who has the wrong `Aqeedah and follows the wrong manhaj, I will call you out on it because it's a my duty and your right. How many times does Allaah `azza wa jall command us to enjoin the good and forbid the evil in the Qur'aan? I personally love that part of our deen - it's all about naseeha.
And I'm sorry that you don't see it that way, ukhty, but it is what it is.

may ALLAH forgive our short comings.

Allaahummaa aameen.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
In my PDF of the book, it says he's associated with Daamat Barakaatuhum. I don't know what that is.
دامت بركاتهم
Ukhty, I don't think that's a group - it's apparently an Arabic phrase meaning "May their blessings ever continue." :)

sabs1164

AmatuLLaH
Assalaamu alaikum,
I'm sorry, im not one to have some kinda debate. i regret opening this thread. just delete my thread?
i knew some comments will have nothing to do with What i have posted.
nways take care sisters.
Wassalaamu alaikum

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaah.

Before I close this, I just wanted to clarify that my intention was not to 'debate' or put anyone down when I commented. I personally do not debate nor do I know how to. If that's how it seemed to you, ukhty, then I apologize. Wallaah-ul-musta`aan.

Status
Not open for further replies.