In Arabic, the protests in Yemen; makes a poem on the fly

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

You most likely will not know of this person on the platform. He is named aladhraee. He has been imprisoned many times in Yemen for making poetry in Arabic that labels the government and their flaws. He can make poetry on the fly, mashAllah. The words are so rich and meaningful.

Well here is an brief few minutes of the protest in Yemen just before the 50+ were killed by the President. You must remember that Yemen is much different than Tunis and/or Egypt. Almost every single citizen of Yemen is armed, yet they approached this issue in a peaceful manner.

I wish I had the time to translate the whole video, but I may if I have time to go over accuracy. but one phrase that is repeated by all the people in the video is Mu'tassameen. This means united and and stay united. You most likely will know the same word used in the Quran(3:103) I'atasimu bi-habl illah- (cling on to the rope of Allah).

[yt]3PSTyIQFooQ[/yt]
:wasalam:

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu

i hope you dont get me wrong. All i could see and hear is music in the background, crowd waving as if they are celebrating, and a brother singing rhythmically.. Not to mention it does not put the efforts in good light.

Why do they have to do this with music? may Allah save us from going out of the way of prophet.

abdul-aziz

wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakatuhu

i hope you dont get me wrong. All i could see and hear is music in the background, crowd waving as if they are celebrating, and a brother singing rhythmically.. Not to mention it does not put the efforts in good light.

Why do they have to do this with music? may Allah save us from going out of the way of prophet.

I apologize brother if I caused you to enter into something that you dislike. And no I didn't get you wrong I know exactly what you mean. I stopped listening to music a long time ago and don't care about it. But at the same time I don't see some forms as a major issue with Islam. It occurs and there are boundaries, and some scholars have differed on this issue.

Nevertheless, we must make duaa for guidance for Muslims and non Muslims always. After all we are all related, Sons of Adam/Noah, a.s. and we should care for each other especially when we see the punishment that Allah,swt has described in the Quran that is going to happen. We care with the best arsenal we have: Duaa.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!

I apologize brother if I caused you to enter into something that you dislike. And no I didn't get you wrong I know exactly what you mean. I stopped listening to music a long time ago and don't care about it. But at the same time I don't see some forms as a major issue with Islam. It occurs and there are boundaries, and some scholars have differed on this issue.

Nevertheless, we must make duaa for guidance for Muslims and non Muslims always. After all we are all related, Sons of Adam/Noah, a.s. and we should care for each other especially when we see the punishment that Allah,swt has described in the Quran that is going to happen. We care with the best arsenal we have: Duaa.
wa alaykkum assalaam dear akhi.

may Allah reward you for your concern about the ummah. may Allah save us all from His wrath. my knowledge is too limited to enter in to an argument about music.(and i believe there is no good can come from music.)

but it just bothered me as any non arab would mistake it to be a celebration and i wish he could have done that without background score. thats all. may Allah bless you and your family and the ummah as a whole.

PS: i kinda like poetry as my language is also rich with rhythmic words.. *smiles*

wa salaam.

the golden girl

You most likely will not know of this person on the platform. He is named aladhraee. He has been imprisoned many times in Yemen for making poetry in Arabic that labels the government and their flaws. He can make poetry on the fly, mashAllah. The words are so rich and meaningful.

Well here is an brief few minutes of the protest in Yemen just before the 50+ were killed by the President. You must remember that Yemen is much different than Tunis and/or Egypt. Almost every single citizen of Yemen is armed, yet they approached this issue in a peaceful manner.

I wish I had the time to translate the whole video, but I may if I have time to go over accuracy. but one phrase that is repeated by all the people in the video is Mu'tassameen. This means united and and stay united. You most likely will know the same word used in the Quran(3:103) I'atasimu bi-habl illah- (cling on to the rope of Allah).

[yt]3PSTyIQFooQ[/yt]

If it's allowed for me to talk in Arabic I'd like to say the following :

Heeya 7ilwa marra lakin 7aseet inha 3'oneeya mo shi3r.

in English:

I thought it was really nice but it does sound more like a song than a Poem.:SMILY231: