Question: InshaAllah or In sha Allah? :S

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
:salam:
I read somewhere the right way to write :inshallah: is 'In sha Allah'. I've been writing InshaAllah instead all my life, and all the people I know do so too. But today, when I actually concentrated on the arabic script of it 'In sha Allah' felt more appropriate. Hope I haven't displeased Allah SWT!
Any of your take on the matter?
JazakAllahu Khairan!

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Salaam sis

In another forum I've been reliably told by an Arab sister that the proper way to write is indeed as In Shaa Allah and apparently inshaallah means something completely different.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
I guess if you want to be really proper you can use the emoticons Arabic shortcuts by clicking on the smiley face and you will see the syntax on how to make inshallah into -> :inshallah:. After a while you'd memorize them all... To me this is easier than spelling out the words in their most proper transliteration spelling (if such a thing exists, seems like opinion to me) . We are writing in English not Arabic and the latin alphabet is not the right tool for writing Arabic, their are different ways to spell things and get the same sound. And even among Latin Alphabets different letters exist (i.e. English Alphabet vs. German Alphabet).

The meaning and thought seems to be enough to me, I would never think a brother/sister inshallah or in sha Allah makes any difference. Part of the fun is reading all the different spellings for me. :) But I agree, if there was one common spelling we can all agree on (or the server side code does), why not unify it... it would be impossible to get everyone to use the same spelling conventions... there will always be typos and people using what they are used to. Best way to do this is to get all the permuations in spelling and then on the server side convert them all to Arabic like the :inshallah: I wrote above, that way we are all forced to learn the proper Arabic as well.