Insulting Islam or Prophets

shous

Why must someone die for insulting Islam or Muhammad pbuh?
This seems very primitive to me, kind of sticks and stones, it seems this is a loaded question on some sites. On some Muslim sites (like ummah) they seem proud of this fact.
I dont get it?

happy 2 b muslim

we shouldnt just fight anybody just because they say something about allah and the prophet. We should try to speak against it and if they fight you because you speak the truth your not exactly going to stand their and let them beat the heck out of you, however youll fight back. But if this person defends islam and hate people that speak about allah and the prophet But that doesnt mean they can go out and kill kill kill they should speak against it. Allah will deal with this person

salam alaykum

shous

I agree with you, but there are over zealous Muslims out there who post stuff
like this and it just fuels the fire for the Christians. Poster like this are NOT helping our cause, they just make us look stupid. It takes one bad Muslim that make the rest who post on a message board look goofy. One Christian site I visit some one came in and told some posters they deserved to die for talking bad about Muhammad pbuh and then posted this:

Question:
I heard on a tape that whoever insults the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) should be executed even if he shows that he has repented. Should he be killed as a hadd punishment or because of kufr? If his repentance is sincere, will Allaah forgive him or will he go to Hell and his repentance will be of no avail
Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

The answer to this question may be given by addressing the two following issues:

1 – The ruling on one who insults the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)

The scholars are unanimously agreed that a Muslim who insults the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) becomes a kaafir and an apostate who is to be executed. This consensus was narrated by more than one of the scholars, such as Imaam Ishaaq ibn Raahawayh, Ibn al-Mundhir, al-Qaadi ‘Iyaad, al-Khattaabi and others. Al-Saarim al-Maslool, 2/13-16

This ruling is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

In the Qur’aan it says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The hypocrites fear lest a Soorah (chapter of the Qur’aan) should be revealed about them, showing them what is in their hearts. Say: ‘(Go ahead and) mock! But certainly Allaah will bring to light all that you fear.’

If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?’

Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed”

[al-Tawbah 9:64-66]

This verse clearly states that mocking Allaah, His verses and His Messenger constitutes kufr, so that applies even more so to insulting. The verse also indicates that whoever belittles the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is also a kaafir, whether he was serious or joking.

With regard to the Sunnah, Abu Dawood (4362) narrated from ‘Ali that a Jewish woman used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him, so a man strangled her until she died, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ruled that no blood money was due in this case.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said in al-Saarim al-Maslool (1/162): This hadeeth is jayyid, and there is a corroborating report in the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Abbaas which we will quote below.

This hadeeth clearly indicates that it was permissible to kill that woman because she used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Abu Dawood (4361) narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that a blind man had a freed concubine (umm walad) who used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and say bad things about him. He told her not to do that but she did not stop, and he rebuked her but she did not heed him. One night, when she started to say bad things about the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and insult him, he took a short sword or dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it and killed her. The following morning that was mentioned to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He called the people together and said, “I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right over him that he should stand up.” The blind man stood up and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I am the one who did it; she used to insult you and say bad things about you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not give up her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was kind to me. Last night she began to insult you and say bad things about you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.” Thereupon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Bear witness, there is no blood money due for her.”

(Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 3655)

It seems that this woman was a kaafir, not a Muslim, for a Muslim could never do such an evil action. If she was a Muslim she would have become an apostate by this action, in which case it would not have been permissible for her master to keep her; in that case it would not have been good enough if he were to keep her and simply rebuke her.

Al-Nasaa’i narrated (4071) that Abu Barzah al-Aslami said: A man spoke harshly to Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq and I said, ‘Shall I kill him?’ He rebuked me and said, ‘That is not for anyone after the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) .’” (Saheeh al-Nasaa’i, 3795)

It may be noted from this that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had the right to kill whoever insulted him and spoke harshly to him, and that included both Muslims and kaafirs.

The second issue is: if a person who insulted the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) repents, should his repentance be accepted or not?

The scholars are agreed that if such a person repents sincerely and regrets what he has done, this repentance will benefit him on the Day of Resurrection and Allaah will forgive him.

But they differed as to whether his repentance should be accepted in this world and whether that means he is no longer subject to the sentence of execution.

Maalik and Ahmad were of the view that it should not be accepted, and that he should be killed even if he has repented.

They quoted as evidence the Sunnah and proper understanding of the ahaadeeth:

In the Sunnah, Abu Dawood (2683) narrated that Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas said: “On the Day of the Conquest of Makkah, the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) granted safety to the people except for four men and two women, and he named them, and Ibn Abi Sarh… As for Ibn Abi Sarh, he hid with ‘Uthmaan ibn ‘Affaan, and when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called the people to give their allegiance to him, he brought him to stand before the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said, “O Prophet of Allaah, accept the allegiance of ‘Abd-Allaah.” He raised his head and looked at him three times, refusing him, then he accepted his allegiance after the third time. Then he turned to his companions and said: “Was there not among you any smart man who could have got up and killed this person when he saw me refusing to give him my hand and accept his allegiance?” They said, “We do not know what is in your heart, O Messenger of Allaah. Why did you not gesture to us with your eyes?” He said, “It is not befitting for a Prophet to betray a person with a gesture of his eyes.”

(Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2334)

This clearly indicates that in a case such as this apostate who had insulted the Prophet (S), it is not obligatory to accept his repentance, rather it is permissible to kill him even if he comes repentant.

‘Abd-Allaah ibn Sa’d was one of those who used to write down the Revelation, then he apostatized and claimed that he used to add whatever he wanted to the Revelation. This was a lie and a fabrication against the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and it was a kind of insult. Then he became Muslim again and was a good Muslim, may Allaah be pleased with him. Al-Saarim 115.

With regard to proper understanding of the ahaadeeth:

They said that insulting the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has to do with two rights, the right of Allaah and the right of a human being. With regard to the right of Allaah, this is obvious, because it is casting aspersions upon His Message, His Book and His Religion. As for the right of a human being, this is also obvious, because it is like trying to slander the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) by this insult. In a case which involves both the rights of Allaah and the rights of a human being, the rights of the human beings are not dropped when the person repents, as in the case of the punishment for banditry, because if the bandit has killed someone, that means that he must be executed and crucified. But if he repents before he is caught, then the right of Allaah over him, that he should be executed and crucified, no longer applies, but the rights of other humans with regard to qisaas (retaliatory punishment) still stand. The same applies in this case. If the one who insulted the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) repents, then the rights of Allaah no longer apply, but there remains the right of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), which still stand despite his repentance.

If it is said, “Can we not forgive him, because during his lifetime the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forgave many of those who had insulted him and he did not execute them?” The answer is:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sometimes chose to forgive those who had insulted him, and sometimes he ordered that they should be executed, if that served a greater purpose. But now his forgiveness is impossible because he is dead, so the execution of the one who insults him remains the right of Allaah, His Messenger and the believers, and the one who deserves to be executed cannot be let off, so the punishment must be carried out.

Al-Saarim al-Maslool, 2/438

Insulting the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the worst of forbidden actions, and it constitutes kufr and apostasy from Islam, according to scholarly consensus, whether done seriously or in jest. The one who does that is to be executed even if he repents and whether he is a Muslim or a kaafir. If he repents sincerely and regrets what he has done, this repentance will benefit him on the Day of Resurrection and Allaah will forgive him.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) wrote a valuable book on this matter, entitled al-Saarim al-Maslool ‘ala Shaatim al-Rasool which every believer should read, especially in these times when a lot of hypocrites and heretics dare to insult the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) because they see that the Muslims are careless and feel little protective jealousy towards their religion and their Prophet, and they do not implement the shar’i punishment which would deter these people and their ilk from committing this act of blatant kufr.

And Allaah knows best. May Allaah send blessings and peace upon our Prophet Muhammad and all his family and companions.

najbc

Assalamu alaykum,

yes, I hear things like this but i never thought they were ture. It is wrong to kill anyone. why can they just explain to people that it is wrong to say bads things about Allah or the prophet.

shous

What do i do to repair my relationship on this message board? (the christian one i visit)
Because of this poster we all now look stupid!

khalid123456

Islam is Perfect
In the Name of Allah The Merciful, All Benificent, All Gracious, All Compassionate and all the most beautiful names belong alone to Almighty Allah (Alone)

my advice to you would be, best keeping away from these web sites - forumns (dont go near these sites)

Proud2BeHumble

Seek Truth, Be Happy
:salam2:

Anyone who believes in God and his prophets will agree that Prophet of Gods must be respected and protected from the mischief of human beings. When Jesus (PBUH) was trying to preach the message of “One God” no one took him seriously. God supported him with miracles so that those illiterate human beings will take his word more seriously but they ended up in thinking that Jesus himself was God. On the other hand another group tried to kill him because they thought that Jesus (PBUH) is trying to prove that he himself is God. However, Jesus (PBUH) tired his best to explain them that he is not claiming any divinity in remotest sense. He always stressed that whatever he do is with the finger (help) of God and no one is "good" but the God alone. But most of his efforts were in vein and he was made to suffer too much. Similarly, Prophet Mohammed was mocked at and insulted by his enemies. Same was the case between Prophet Moses (PBUH) and Firaun.

So, now question arise whom we need to support, the truthful Prophets or their evil enemies? Certainly, Prophets brought divine guidance to us and hold high position in the eyes of Allah.

What is "Contempt of Court"? Why someone is prosecuted if he/she misbehaves or insults the court? Are these figures in court more honourable than the God's Prophet? Why can't the same law of contempt be applied to Prophet? Take for example, if you utter something bad for Bush standing within White House, in front of his bodyguards, what do you think they will do with you? Yes, people do abuse Bush at his back freely but can someone do it in presence of his bodyguards (loyal witnesses) without fear of being arrested? No. So, with the same logic, How the Muslims who claims to be loyal to the God's Prophet can remain silent if any insult is done intentionally?

Unfortunately, some of the people think that Prophets were poor creatures who just came in this word to suffer and deserve no respect but pity i.e. like carrying cross and than being killed for the sin of others. So insulting Prophet makes them no pain. Some are not pained because they simply do not believe in God’s Prophets. Today what all is done in the name of humble Jesus world knows…They make movie of Jesus dancing, drinking etc. and forgetting his original teachings. Women put cross (showing Jesus dead body on cross) on their bare chest. In fact the more open is the chest, the more bigger you see the cross hanging. What this sort of “sexy” attitude has to do with the honourable Prophet? Now after doing all what they could do with their scripture and Prophet they want us to do the same thing!!! Is it not amazing!!!

I think you will agree that some sort of punishment should be given especially if someone chooses to insult Prophet right on the face of Muslims (like in a country Pakistan) because he intentionally did this act with an evil motive to harm the good reputation of Prophet among the majority believers. A Christian surveyor, Professor Edward reported in the TIME Magazine of April 16, 1979 that in a span of 150 years, from 1800 CE to 1950 CE over 60,000 books have been written against Islam. It works out to more than one book against Islam everyday. Today there is virulent propaganda against Islam in the international media, in international newspapers and magazines, on radio broadcast stations and satellite TV channels. A section of the media is attacking Islam, and this has reached epidemic levels especially after eleventh of September, 2001.

Famous examples are of Danish newspapers (Jyllands - Posten) defamatory caricatures of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and Salman Rushdi's Book. Recently, an interesting article appeared in the ‘Guardian’ (weekly newspaper of the UK) on Monday, February 6, 2006. Three years ago in April 2003, a Danish illustrator Christopher Zieler submitted a series of unsolicited cartoons dealing with the resurrection of Christ, to Jyllands-Posten. However, the cartoons of Christ were turned down by Jyllands-Posten on the grounds that they could be offensive to readers and were surely not funny.

A British historian David Irving was recently given a three-year sentence on charges stemming from two speeches he gave in Austria in 1989 in which he was accused of denying the Holocaust. (The Times of India, February 24, 2006). The report urges us to contemplate why is “freedom of expression” conveniently forgotten when it comes to topics that may hurt a section of this world?
However, Allah has put too much stress on Patience in Quran. Keeping that in mind Muslims can respond to this sort of defamation against Islam, broadly, into six different categories.

1. Replies via the Media

The first way is to reply via the media i.e. using the same tool, which is often used against us. Replies can be in the form of letters, articles, pamphlets and books, which can be sent to newspapers and magazines and posted on the Internet. Appearances on satellite TV channels and giving public lectures in order to present the correct picture of Islam are also another possible way. Common non-Muslims throughout the world have become victims of a section of the media and its propaganda. One cannot blame a common non-Muslim for being against Islam unless we Muslims clarify their doubts and remove the misconceptions prevalent in their minds. It is the job of every Muslim to respond to allegations against Islam and clarify misconceptions.

2. Peaceful Protests and Demonstrations

There can be peaceful demonstrations or protests in the form of a congregation. A large number of Muslims can march to parliament house and protest against what has happened. Muslims can also give a letter to the embassy of that particular country and request the Prime Minister to take action against the offender.

3. Filing a Legal Suit

We can even take legal action against the defamer in his country or file a case in the International Court of Law if the nation where the act has taken place is condoning the act. We can sue the offenders by pulling them to court, which is one of the good ways of preventing such things from occurring in the future.

A striking example in this respect can be cited of CAIR (Council on American - Islamic Relations), which is the largest Islamic civil liberties group in the U.S. In 1997, CAIR succeeded in shaking down Nike when they filed a defamation suit objecting to a pair of shoes manufactured by Nike, which had a design on the heel similar to the Arabic word for “God”, Allah. However, there was an out-of–court settlement and Nike not only publicly apologised but also agreed to give several million dollars to the Muslim community, which were spent to build three playgrounds at Islamic Centers in the United States.

4. Economic Embargo

The fourth strategy is to put an economic embargo, a very effective weapon aimed at weakening the economy of any country. Muslim countries can get together and apply economic or business pressure against that country if it continues to publish defamatory things. It is advisable to boycott certain goods if we know that boycotting products of that country can create a huge effect on the country’s economy. During the gulf war, a few countries in the Middle East boycotted American products and caused a big loss to the U.S. If a section of the western media has “freedom of expression” then we Muslims too have the freedom to use or abstain from using a product. Say for example if the western countries wish not to procure oil from the Muslim world, it is their choice for which we cannot compel them. Similarly, if the Muslims do not want to buy products from a particular country, it is illogical for anyone to have any objections to their decision.

5. Political Pressure

This takes place on a higher level i.e. between political authorities of countries. The leaders of different Muslim nations can apply pressure on a political level. The Muslim governments can withdraw their ambassadors from that country and shut down its embassies as part of a political boycott, if they refuse to give a public apology and do not stop defaming the Prophet (pbuh).

6. Moderate Force

The sixth strategy is to carry out demonstrations using a limited amount of force. As far as the first five strategies are concerned, no Muslim or non-Muslim can have any objections. If there is freedom of speech then we Muslims also have the freedom to reply in the media, to participate in peaceful demonstrations, or take legal action seeking punishment or compensation. We can even boycott goods or apply political pressure since it’s a matter of personal choice.

Alhamdulillah, this time (Cartoon issue) Muslims across the globe have responded very well and we have been united in our protests and succeeded in voicing our displeasure at the cowardly attempts on ridiculing the Messenger (Pbuh) by a section of the civilized world. (except a few stray incidents where violence was used at a higher level which Islam does not permit). The response from the Muslims came in almost all of the above six categories. Muslims did not react immediately; rather we gave ample enough time to the Prime Minister of Denmark to use his good offices to intervene and ensure that Jyllands-Posten apologise for hurting the sentiments of 1.3 billion (Muslim) citizens of this world. Muslims exercised restraint until they were forced to come out on the streets when other European newspapers reprinted these provocative images.

We gave our replies via the media – numerous letters, emails, and articles were written in newspapers, magazines and were also put up on websites. We held peaceful protests and demonstrations across the world in almost every nation that has a considerable Muslim population. We levied an economic embargo as well – the Middle East boycotted Danish goods and products, which caused a huge loss to the Danish economy since Middle East happens to be one of the largest consumers of Danish products importing more than a billion dollar of goods annually.

Besides this, we also applied political pressure when the Danish government refused to apologise for publishing the caricatures, citing freedom of thought, Saudi Arabia and some other Arab nations recalled their ambassadors in Copenhagen and imposed restrictions on Danish goods. This immediately prompted the Danish Industrialists’ Association to ask the Jyllands - Posten daily to apologise for publishing the cartoons.

The punishment for blasphemy in most of the major religions is death. It is stated in the Old Testament of the Bible, which is the authority for both the Jews and the Christians:

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: [Book of Leviticus 24:16]

Moreover, if we read Manusmriti, the Law book of the Hindus, it says:

“If a man born of a lower class intentionally bothers a priest, the king should punish him physically with various forms of corporal and capital punishment that make men shudder.” [Manusmriti 9:248]

Regarding the punishment for blasphemy in Islam, it is mentioned in the Glorious Qur’an:

“The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;” [Surah Al-Maidah 5:33]. .

In Islam, a person who has committed blasphemy can either be killed or crucified, or his opposite hands and feet can be cut off, or he can be exiled from that land. On the other hand, in other religions there is no other option except capital punishment. Islam at least has four options of punishment for an act of blasphemy.

In spite of all the negative propaganda in a section of the western media, ironically Islam still happens to be the fastest growing religion, not just in the west but also across the world. The more people try to suppress Islam, the more it will prevail. Allah (swt) will make His Deen (Islam) to prevail over all the other ways of life irrespective of people mocking and ridiculing His messengers. As Allah says in the Glorious Quran:

“Mocked were (many) Messengers before thee; but the scoffers were hemmed in by the thing that they mocked.” [Surah Al-An’aam 6:10].

(Text also extracted from a article of Dr Zakir Naik )

:wasalam:

Ummzaina

Allah swt is the most just!!

Regarding the killing of apostates of Islam, as there are different views being mentioned regarding the topic and scholars seem to differ on the exact view.

I just would like to point out my own thinking on this topic.

About an apostate being killed when he leaves the fold of Islam,maybe it is a mercy on this person because leaving Islam is the worst thing any muslim could ever do and I think by killing him/her we maybe saving him/her from continuing to sin after leaving the right path of Allah!!!

I am not saying if the person repents and returns and all that and I do not wish to justify unwarranted killings of any sort...

Do you think my thinking is wrong brothers and sisters?!

galadari

Why must someone die for insulting Islam or Muhammad pbuh?
This seems very primitive to me, kind of sticks and stones, it seems this is a loaded question on some sites. On some Muslim sites (like ummah) they seem proud of this fact.
I dont get it?

salaam, dear sister

well as far as i know execution for insulting prophet (SAW) only can be implemented if there is an islamic state. but there are some other things as well u need to look at. first, if the person becomes an apostaste but keeps it within himself and doesnt utter bad things abot islam and prophet (SAW),in frnt of the public, no one has ne right to harm him,he is only supposed to be xecuted when hes gna start publicising in frnt of the people and try to influence them with his evil deeds (well as it is an islamic state speaking against islam is like speaking against the state, and evrywhere state do punish ppl if they take steps against the state, including USA and England) so therefore he will be killed/executed as soon as he starts speaking in frnt of the public or revolt. but if he keeps dat to himself and only few ppl knows about it, no has da right to dragg him in frnt of the court and execute him. Allah knows best............

Jazak allah........

galadari

Allah swt is the most just!!

Regarding the killing of apostates of Islam, as there are different views being mentioned regarding the topic and scholars seem to differ on the exact view.

I just would like to point out my own thinking on this topic.

About an apostate being killed when he leaves the fold of Islam,maybe it is a mercy on this person because leaving Islam is the worst thing any muslim could ever do and I think by killing him/her we maybe saving him/her from continuing to sin after leaving the right path of Allah!!!

brother if hes already an apostate and doesnt believe in allah SWT doesnt matter if he lives long or for few days,hes not gna enter to jannah ne way..... cos hes a still a disbeliever while u execute him and jannah is not for the disbelievers.
jazak allah.......

Ummzaina

brother if hes already an apostate and doesnt believe in allah SWT doesnt matter if he lives long or for few days,hes not gna enter to jannah ne way..... cos hes a still a disbeliever while u execute him and jannah is not for the disbelievers.
jazak allah.......

What you say is true galadari....
By the way I am a sister..

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

I think we better leave this topic for the scholars and as we have already seen there is no clear concensus even among the scholars we need to understand that its not a topic that we can say just anything that we feel like.

One thing that we all need to understand is that this particular matter relates to the state of Islam and it cannot be executed without the proper Islamic governance.

Before talking and blaming that he/she is an apostate and does not have any right to live, think what have you done for that person that he would have understood Islam. What we need to think seriously about is the responsibility that is upon every single muslim that he/she is a volunteer of Islam and its our duty to make others understand Islam. And the kind of Islam nowadays we are presenting will not increase anything except hatred and confusion.

Do we ever talk with same boldness about our own shortcomings, faults or mistakes ?

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allâh, even though it be against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, be he rich or poor, Allâh is a Better Protector to both (than you). So follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you avoid justice, and if you distort your witness or refuse to give it, verily, Allâh is Ever Well¬Acquainted with what you do.[] (135)

O you who believe! Stand out firmly for Allâh as just witnesses and let not the enmity and hatred of others make you avoid justice. Be just: that is nearer to piety, and fear Allâh. Verily, Allâh is Well-Acquainted with what you do. (8)

shous

jazak allah.......

No one can see the future; how do you know he wont come back. Killing him would be denying him the chance to come back.
:astag:

shous

I think we better leave this topic for the scholars and as we have already seen there is no clear concensus even among the scholars we need to understand that its not a topic that we can say just anything that we feel like.

this is a problem I have; "lets leave it to the scholars".
Kind of like the Vatican interpreting the doctrine.
It bothers me! :SMILY176:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Asslamu-alaikum

No, bro thats not what I meant. I only said that cuz I saw some strange comments coming. I too believe that Islam is religion of reason and we always have a right to question the thing that we do not understand.

What I was saying is that we argue a lot that so and so should be treated like this or that but we never worry enough that its our duty to propogate Islam to them. Its our duty to present the picture of Islam that would show them what Islam really is about.

Sorry if I made it look otherwise.

Ma'assalaam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

the reason why we say a scholar should be asked is, because it is a muslim belief that if a muslim is being questioned by a non muslim about something in islam and if the muslim doesn't know the answer or is unsure of it he should learn it from a scholar in the religion and in turn share that knowledge with the non muslim.

the vatican is a different story because the church teaches that only the priests can truly understand the bible. there is no priesthood or hierarchy in islam. knowledge is to be sought after by every muslim, so what benefit would it be if a muslim was unsure of an answer and told it to a non muslim? the non muslim would take him as having had given the proper answer when it wasn't in fact. the muslim and the non muslim loses out on the right answer. therefore there are times when we consult the scholars.