Interesting Story

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2: this is a story I found very interesting, and I wanted to share. It is of course not my own and I got it from another website. I hope it's enjoyed anyway!

A person once got angry when he saw people worshipping a tree. He grabbed hold of an axe and intended to cut it down. On the way, he met Shaytaan. He told Shaytaan that he intended to cut the tree down. The Shaytaan told him to leave it and let the tree worshippers face the consequences. Due to this disagreement, the pair wrestled twice. Shaytaan being beaten each time.

As Shaytaan soon realized this person is strong in his belief, he began to change his approach by saying that if you leave this tree, you will find 4 dirhams under your pillow. The person hesitated for a while and thereafter agreed.

The person returned home and found 4 dirhams daily under his pillow every morning. Once, for two consecutive days, he never found the dirhams that were meant to be under his pillow. He proceeded again to the tree in a fit of anger. On the way, he met Shaytaan. Shaytaan asked, “Where are you going?” He replied, “To cut the tree down.”

Iblees (Shaytaan) then told him to return back as he was not going to allow him to proceed. Iblees said, “On the first occasion, you wanted to cut down the tree for Allah, I couldn't have stopped you but this time you are going due to the 4 dirhams i.e for yourself, I will stop you.”

The moral to this story is that the actions which are done for Allah are difficult for Shaytaan to obstruct. When actions are done for yourself i.e. worldly things, then Shaytaan can win easily.

The Prophet May Allah send peaceaand blessings upon him said:

'..Actions are according to intentions'

May Allah grant us the ability to maintain good intentions. Ameen
:wasalam:

AishaR

:salam2: Sister

Thanx for sharing that with us. Gives us all something to think about...

May we all be guided on the correct path.

M

Mehry

:bismillah:

:salam2:

:jazaak: for sharing

May Allah (swt) guide us to the right path inshAllah!!!

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaam Alaykum

:jazaak: for sharing that sis, good story..

btw i love your avatar sis, wot are dey?? Are they like little monkeys?? They so cute and fluffy :biggrin:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
muslima80 said:
Asalaam Alaykum

:jazaak: for sharing that sis, good story..

btw i love your avatar sis, wot are dey?? Are they like little monkeys?? They so cute and fluffy :biggrin:

wa alaykum salam, yeah just squeeze those fingers....... Squishhhhhhhhhh

anyone for fresh monkey shake?

sanali

THE TYRANT WHO BECAME A JUST RULER

In older times there lived a King, who was so cruel and unjust towards his subjects that he was always called. The Tyrant. So heartless was he that his people used to pray night and day that they might have a new king. One day, much to their surprise, he called his people together and said to them, ------

“My dear subjects, the days of my tyranny are over. Henceforth you shall live in peace and happiness, for I have decided to try to rule henceforth justly and well”.

The King kept his word so well that soon he was known throughout the land as The Just King. By and by one of his favorites came to him and said.____

“Your Majesty, I beg of you to tell me how it was that you had this change of heart towards your people?”
And the King replied.____
“As I was galloping through my forests one afternoon, I caught sight of a hound chasing a fox. The fox escaped into his hole, but not until he had been bitten by the dog so badly that he would be lame for life. The hound, returning home, met a man who threw a stone at him, which broke his leg. The man had not gone far when a horse kicked him and broke his leg. And the horse, starting to run, fell into a hole and broke his leg. Here I came to my sense, and resolved to change my rule.’ for surely,’ I said to my self,

‘he who doeth evil will sooner or later be overtaken’

samiha

---------
Staff member

It just goes to show, it doesn't matter how terrible a man might be, if Allah chooses to guide them to the straight path they can change. It also shows the power of dua.
Thanx for putting that story in.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Mabsoot said:
wa alaykum salam, yeah just squeeze those fingers....... Squishhhhhhhhhh

anyone for fresh monkey shake?

Asalaam Alaykum

....lol....bro you such a joker :biggrin:

sanali

mashaa Allah. Allahu Akbar.

Sahih kulu sahih

ya akhi/ukhti jazaka LLah Kheir wa baraka, amin.

sanali

THE BLIND MEN AND THE ELEPHANT

 THE BLIND MEN AND THE ELEPHANT

It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined, Who went to see the elephant Though all of them were blind), That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.
The first approached the elephant, And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side, At once began to bawl:
-God bless me! but the elephant Is very like a wall!"

The second, feeling of the tusk, Cried: "Ho! what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp? To me 'tis mighty clear
This wonder of an elephant
Is very like a spear!"

The third approached the animal, And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands, Thus boldly up and spake:
'I see.- quoth he, "the elephant
Is very like a snake!

"The fourth reached out his eager hand And felt about the knee.
"What most this wondrous beast is like Is mighty plain," quoth he;
" 'Tis clear enough the elephant
Is very like a tree!"

The fifth, who chanced to touch the ear, Said: "E'en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most; Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an elephant
Is very like a fan!"

The sixth no sooner had begun About the beast to grope
Than, seizing on the swinging tail That fell within his scope,
"I see," quoth he, "the elephant Is very like a rope!"

And so these men of Indostan Disputed loud and long, Each in his own opinion Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong!

John Godfrey Saxe

sanali

THE FOUR OXEN AND THE LION

THE FOUR OXEN AND THE LION

A Lion used to prowl about a field in which Four Oxen used to dwell. Many a time he tried to attack them; but whenever he came near they turned their tails to one another, so that whichever way he approached them he was met by the horns of one of them. At last, however, they fell a-quarrelling among themselves, and each went off to pasture alone in a separate corner of the field. Then the Lion attacked them one by one and soon made an end of all four.

United we stand, divided we fall.
Aesop