Interfaith Dialogue

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum -

I am curious as to what Islam's stance is to interfaith dialogue. I know that some shayukh particularly here in the US have open celebrations etc with leaders from Christian and Jewish communities, and here in Sacramento this year one masjid even opened its doors to allow a Christian congregation to celebrate Easter on the premises.

The reason I am asking is I've recently seen on facebook a photo of an Episcopalian church with an "Eid Mubarak" sign, saying "Allah loves our Muslim brothers and sisters". The comments on the photo were a bit disturbing; Muslims from all over were praising our "Christian brothers and sisters" and making references that we are all one in God's eyes and implying that we are all "one big happy family". I have always been lead to believe that this is not a correct opinion for Muslims.

Can someone help me out with sunnah or Qur'an daleel?

JazakumAllahu khairyn
akhouk
Daniel

a_stranger

Assalamu alaikim
We as muslems should keep in mind that calling other that Allah subhanahu wa taala is a grave mistake , making prophet Issa a son of god is shirk :polytheism rejecting the seal of prophets is a sin . Then we should try to come closer to others by good will and friendship .

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Asalaamu alaikum -

I am curious as to what Islam's stance is to interfaith dialogue. I know that some shayukh particularly here in the US have open celebrations etc with leaders from Christian and Jewish communities, and here in Sacramento this year one masjid even opened its doors to allow a Christian congregation to celebrate Easter on the premises.

The reason I am asking is I've recently seen on facebook a photo of an Episcopalian church with an "Eid Mubarak" sign, saying "Allah loves our Muslim brothers and sisters". The comments on the photo were a bit disturbing; Muslims from all over were praising our "Christian brothers and sisters" and making references that we are all one in God's eyes and implying that we are all "one big happy family". I have always been lead to believe that this is not a correct opinion for Muslims.

Can someone help me out with sunnah or Qur'an daleel?

JazakumAllahu khairyn
akhouk
Daniel

Waliekumasslam warahmatullahi wabrakatu,

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10213
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/947

Relation between Dawah and alwala walbara
Principles and guidelines for the relation of Muslims with Non Muslims