Introduction of myself.

Nurain

Asalamualaykum everyone,

My name is N u r A i n and I am from Singapore.

I was born Muslim, however somewhere along the line I lost my sense of purpose and direction. I started picking up smoking and drinking, and mixing with bad company of friends. Not very long later, I suffered from depression.

It came to a point where I relied heavily on medication -- I was heavily sedated yet it didn't make me feel any relaxed or better. The obvious solution was there, I knew, and became convinced when my mother spoke to me one day and said, the only solution is to seek Allah.

The solution like I mentioned, was obvious. Yet I did not perform my obligatory duties as a Muslim, I did not seek Allah nor think of him. I had forgotten Allah.

Things took a different turn when I had bad dreams continuously for two weeks. I knew it was Shaiton toying with my sleep, I usually end up waking up reading the Ayat-ul Qursy.

Until one day, I dreamt my parents passed away. They returned with a message for me, looking sad. I woke up crying and wondering, what kind of a daughter I am not being able to du'ah for my poor parents?

I seek Allah. And Allah has given me hidayah. I am happy to see many muslims here, professing love for Allah and Rasulullah. I am really pleased. Surely, we are all followers of the truth, alhamdulillah.

I take one day at a time and Alhamdulillah, have snapped out of the depression. Many aspects of my life has improved, thank you to Allah SWT for giving me hidayah. Right now, I am thinking of wearing a hijjab, and would like to find strength to be able to carry it out. I believe in the modesty promised.

Thank you all for reading.

Rgds
N u r A i n

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
MashaAllah, wellcome back to Allah swt and to Islam.
we have been waiting for you dear sister, i am urging you to wear Hijab as soon as possible, then think what to do next, Hijab will show you what way to go and what not
Nurain, you are most welcome and looking forward to hear good about you inshaALLAH
all praise be to ALLAH
hamduleaLLAH
YOUR SISTER
LAILA

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
go for Hijab as soon as you could, it is obligatory for all Mulsim woman, and do not forget that you are muslim..........looking forward to "see" you wearing Hijab
my ALLAH swt bless your life
your sister
laila

Nurain

Thank you sister Laila, thank you so much for the encouragement. I am not certain as to what is stopping me but it is probably just a battle with my innerself.

Thank you Abdul Musa'ir, I will read all the URLs listed. Thank you. Syukur, all of you are so kind.

Rgds
N u r a i n

Nurain

Thank you so much brother Abdillah... your words are very kind. Thank you for the du'ah. I shall not stray with all you kind muslim brothers and sisters here to guide.

Rgds
N u r a i n

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
We selam alejkum sister , welcome to our website.InshAll-llah here you will learn a lot about our islam Din. Selam alejkum by your brother from Kosovo , Qëndrim .

salahdin

ASALAMA ALEIKUM WA RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATU . SISTER BETTER LATE THAN NEVER. STICK AROUND AND YOU WILL SEE AND LEARN WHAT TRUE ISLAM IS . I ALWAYS SAY ALLAH (AZA WAJALLAH) GAVE US A SECOND CHANCE PLEASE DONT WASTE THAT SECOND CHANCE FOR THE THIRD ONE IS JAHANAMA . MAY ALLAH (AZA WAJALLAH) KEEP US AWAY FROM IT. WEAR YOUR HIJAB SISTER FOR YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHEN DEATH WILL KNOCK ON YOUR DOOR AND WHEN IT DOES THEN ITS TOO LATE.

And whosoever is conscious of Allah, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed Allah has sent a measure for all things." [65:2-3]
Surely you cannot guide whom you love, but God guides whom He pleases, and He knows best those that would be guided” (Qur'an 28:56).

Allah says in the Qur'an: "You will indeed find them, of all people, most greedy of life, even more than those who do not believe in Resurrection. Each one of them wishes he could be given a life of a thousand years. But the grant of such life will not save him even a little from due punishment. For Allah sees well all that they do" (Al Baqarah, 2:96).
"Say: Shall We inform you who will be the greatest losers by their works? Those whose effort goes astray in the life of the world, and they reckon that they do good work." [18:103-104

.“Leave the world to those who hanker after it, as they leave the Afterlife to its seekers. And be in this world as the bee: it eats only good, produces only good, and when it rests upon anything it neither ruins it nor deflowers it.” ~Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

Nurain

Thank you Qendrim for the welcome. :)

Mashallah, thank you Salahdin. The reminder is a wake up call and it scares me too. Thank you so much for the quote... I will keep them in mind I hope insyallah I will not go astray after Allah has given me hidayah

Rgds
N u r a i n

salahdin

EVERYTHING HAS A PURPOSE SISTER HOLD ON TO THIS DEEN AND THE REWARD WILL BE A NEVER ENDING LIFE YES A NEVER ENDING LIFE WITH NO PAIN AND NO WORRIES MAY ALLAH (SUBJHANA WA TA3ALLAH) MAKE US AMONG THOSE WHO WILL DWELL THEIN FOREVER BUT FIRST WE MUST LEAP OVER FIRST HURDEL ,the Enchantment of the Dunyaa .

Describing Paradise, Allaah - the Most High - said:
"Indeed Allaah will enter those who believe and do righteous and correct actions into Paradise, beneath which rivers flow. Wherein they will be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls and their garments will be made of silk." [Soorah al-Hajj 24:23].
"Indeed the pious and obedient ones will be in Paradise, amongst gardens and water-springs. It will be said to them: Enter! In peace and safety. And We shall remove from their hearts any ill-feeling, so that they will be like brothers, facing each other on thrones. No sense of hardship will touch them, and they will be of those who never leave." [Soorah al-Hijr 15:45-46].

Paradise: that noble goal which aspiring eyes are fixed towards and which yearning souls long for, in all times and in all places. They find worldly afflictions agreeable to them for the sake of achieving Paradise. Indeed, to enter into it and remain in it is considered the greatest goal for the Believers, and it is a hope which is kept in view throughout life's journey. How often has Paradise been the incentive and a motivation for goodness and truth, despite the dangers, afflictions and thorns that lie along the path - even if it involves certain death .Imam Ibn ul Jawzee

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Asalamualaykum all alhamdulillah today is my first day of hijaab. :)

Alleicoumu Salam dear sister Nurain.

Mashallah dear sister for your beautiful feelings for our beautiful religion Islam Mashallah,and congratulations sister for starting wearing hijab Mashallah.:)

May Allah reword you sister and guide you in Inshallah.

Salam

Your sister Asja

Nurain

Mashallah thank you so much everyone who has commented to this thread.

Everyone here, who has given me encouraging words. Please believe because of Allah SWT and all of you here I gain the strength to remember in the littlest way this is my form of jihad, and I think of all the ummah around the world battling with many things, wars and such, whilst I only battle with my innerself.

Alhamdulillah thank you Allah for all the friends I have made here. May I remember to keep all of you Muslims here in my prayers, insyallah.

Thank you everyone.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Mashallah thank you so much everyone who has commented to this thread.

Everyone here, who has given me encouraging words. Please believe because of Allah SWT and all of you here I gain the strength to remember in the littlest way this is my form of jihad, and I think of all the ummah around the world battling with many things, wars and such, whilst I only battle with my innerself.

Alhamdulillah thank you Allah for all the friends I have made here. May I remember to keep all of you Muslims here in my prayers, insyallah.

Thank you everyone.

You are most welcome dear sister.:)

May Allah guide us all on the right path, Inshallah.

Amen dear sister for your duas.

May Allah bless you.

Salam

Nurain

I feel sad. I really want to practise the deen, do it properly. Gain Allah's love. But when you come down to it.. you realise not all your muslim friends feel the same. They are comfortable feeling "average" whilst I feel what I am doing is never enough.

This is why I look forward to friends here at TTI ... people out there, are just different

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Asalamualaykum everyone,

I was born Muslim, however somewhere along the line I lost my sense of purpose and direction. I started picking up smoking and drinking, and mixing with bad company of friends. Not very long later, I suffered from depression.

It came to a point where I relied heavily on medication -- I was heavily sedated yet it didn't make me feel any relaxed or better. The obvious solution was there, I knew, and became convinced when my mother spoke to me one day and said, the only solution is to seek Allah.

The solution like I mentioned, was obvious. Yet I did not perform my obligatory duties as a Muslim, I did not seek Allah nor think of him. I had forgotten Allah.

Things took a different turn when I had bad dreams continuously for two weeks. I knew it was Shaiton toying with my sleep, I usually end up waking up reading the Ayat-ul Qursy.

Until one day, I dreamt my parents passed away. They returned with a message for me, looking sad. I woke up crying and wondering, what kind of a daughter I am not being able to du'ah for my poor parents?

I seek Allah. And Allah has given me hidayah. I am happy to see many muslims here, professing love for Allah and Rasulullah. I am really pleased. Surely, we are all followers of the truth, alhamdulillah.

I take one day at a time and Alhamdulillah, have snapped out of the depression. Many aspects of my life has improved, thank you to Allah SWT for giving me hidayah. Right now, I am thinking of wearing a hijjab, and would like to find strength to be able to carry it out. I believe in the modesty promised.

Rgds
N u r A i n

Sister, similar story here, I have been a Muslim my whole life and wore the Hijab but I was wearing because it was more traditional from where I came from. As time went by and I moved to the U.S.A I lost track of my Islam. Yes, I was praying and fasting but not with the right niyah. I never did the fasting I missed and my prayers were not perfect. Plus, music became my life;I rushed my prayer to listen to music, listened my Mom call my name and never got up to ask what she wanted ( Astaqfuru Allah). One day when I was helping my sis move from her apartment I heard a very soothing dua from Sheikh Sudais. I was listening to hip hop before that in the same ipod and when I heard the dua I realized how peaceful my hear felt. I went home determined to find that dua. I logged on to youtube then one thing let to another. I came back to Islam slowly and I am still in the progress. I wear my Hijab so proudly knowing that Allah the most high has honored me and protected me. I try my best to pray right and I ask for forgiveness. Just know that life is too short and repenting takes time. I shared this with you because I want you to know that you're not alone and that they are so many Muslims that took Satan as their friends. May Allah always guide us and may He protect us from the tricks of Satan. Ameen

Nurain

Dear Sis,

I know how music can sway us from reality. I try to listen to non-instrumental nasheeds and surahs now because a little part of me fear my eeman might be swayed if I stop and start listening to Western music...

I am happy for you as well as myself. Allah indeed do love us or he can just send a lightning striking us or take away our lives and there is no room for repentance. Alhamdulillah he has given us chances..

It is true many muslims now are friends are Shaitons... I feel so sad because before I got depression, I thought I know who my real friends are.

Insyallah Allah will give us better friends than the ones we lost.. Lets never look back , and only look forward in practising Islam... :(

jafariasad

Asalamualaykum everyone,

Rgds
N u r A i n

mashallah, Allah gives you right Hidayah and hoping that you will continue it forever....... wishing that allah will bless you sister

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamualaikum Nurain

Selamat Datang ke TTI

May Allah keep you on the straight path and choose your friends wisely.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Waalaikumsalaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

I'm a lil late on this welcome post.

So welcome to TTI Sis! :)

I think you've heard of me from another Sister here. InshaAllah, if you need any help please feel free to contact me and our Brothers and Sisters here at TTI.

May Allah s.w.t guide us to the straight path and make us among the righteous. Ameen.