Iran nuclear work raises threats to region

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Assalaam alaikum,

You said it sister. Israel is the happiest of all dogs at this moment. This is what they want. The US is waiting for the word from Israel and there goes the ME..all into Zionist hands.

:salam2:

I wonder why you are so worry about possible nuclear weapons of Iran but not those ones of Israel (what are ready to attack all Middle East) specially you have seen how violent Israel actually is.

You afraid Iran because you don´t understand how they as shias are thinking? Do you know zionists better?

:shymuslima1:

This is needless to explain... that I'm more worried about your country than Iran.

Amir_of_spain

Wailkium salaam. Summary replies:

Every technology in the energy sector carries the risk of biological contamination but if we become too afraid of the risks then one should turn off the lights and go back to living in the stone age.

If you are against shia then thats your problem that you need to seek help with because they are human beings. I have both shia and jewish friends they are human beings just like me and you, some good some bad, again every group has it's good and bad people, only those who think they are superior and arrogant will believe they are the best and the rest are inferior.

If Iran has advanced missles then thats a positive thing, it will make the west think twice before invading and bombing them like they did with Iraq and Libya.

Anyway i have no more further comments to add to this post.

Ahsen

When will iran supporters open their eyes? Are you blinded just like the masses that follow the welayat al faqih blindly. I am in bahrain. I have seen the hatred of these shias against sunnis. Tell me dear when have you faced a real conflict like in bahrain or syria. Just because no shia has attacked you or confronted you doesn't means that they are not killing the sunnis around the world. And usa is in iraq,afghanistan because of shias. The shias supported the usa in iraq. The hazari shias supported the americans in afghanistan. These shias are trojan horses for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safavid_conversion_of_Iran_from_Sunnism_to_Shiism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safavid_dynasty#Clashes_with_the_Ottomans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safavid_dynasty

In 1599, Abbas sent his first diplomatic mission to Europe. The group crossed the Caspian Sea and spent the winter in Moscow, before proceeding through Norway, Germany (where it was received by Emperor Rudolf II) to Rome where Pope Clement VIII gave the travellers a long audience. They finally arrived at the court of Philip III of Spain in 1602. Although the expedition never managed to return to Iran, being shipwrecked on the journey around Africa, it marked an important new step in contacts between Iran and Europe and Europeans began to be fascinated by the Iranians and their culture — Shakespeare's 1601–2 Twelfth Night, for example, makes two references (at II.5 and III.4) to 'the Sophy', then the English term for the Shahs of Iran.[75][76] Henceforward, the number of diplomatic missions to and fro greatly increased.[77]
The shah had set great store on an alliance with Spain, the chief opponent of the Ottomans in Europe. Abbas offered trading rights and the chance to preach Christianity in Iran in return for help against the Ottomans. But the stumbling block of Hormuz remained, a port which had fallen into Spanish hands when the King of Spain inherited the throne of Portugal in 1580. The Spanish demanded Abbas break off relations with the English East India Company before they would consider relinquishing the town. Abbas was unable to comply. Eventually Abbas became frustrated with Spain, as he did with the Holy Roman Empire, which wanted him to make his 170,000 Armenian subjects swear allegiance to the Pope but did not trouble to inform the shah when the Emperor Rudolf signed a peace treaty with the Ottomans. Contacts with the Pope, Poland and Moscow were no more fruitful.[78]
More came of Abbas' contacts with the English, although England had little interest in fighting against the Ottomans. The Sherley brothers arrived in 1598 and helped reorganise the Iranian army. The English East India Company also began to take an interest in Iran and in 1622 four of its ships helped Abbas retake Hormuz from the Portuguese in the Capture of Ormuz (1622). It was the beginning of the East India Company's long-running interest in Iran.[79]

Shia Islam as the state religion

Shah Suleiman I and his courtiers, Isfahan, 1670. Painter is Aliquli Jabbadar, and is kept at The St. Petersburg Institute of Oriental Studies in Russia, ever since it was acquired by Tsar Nicholas II. Note the two Georgian figures with their names at the top left.
Even though Safavids were not the first Shia rulers in Iran, they played a crucial role in making Shia Islam the official religion in the whole of Iran. There were large Shia communities in some cities like Qom and Sabzevar as early as the 8th century. In the 10th and 11th centuries the Buwayhids, who were of the Zaidiyyah branch of Shia, ruled in Fars, Isfahan and Baghdad. As a result of the Mongol conquest and the relative religious tolerance of the Ilkhanids, Shia dynasties were re-established in Iran, Sarbedaran in Khorasan being the most important. The Ilkhanid ruler Öljaitü converted to Twelver Shiism in the 13th century.
Following his conquest of Iran, Ismail I made conversion mandatory for the largely Sunni population. The Sunni Ulema or clergy were either killed or exiled. Ismail I, brought in mainstream Ithnā‘ashariyyah Shi'a religious leaders and granted them land and money in return for loyalty. Later, during the Safavid and especially Qajar period, the Shia Ulema's power increased and they were able to exercise a role, independent of or compatible with the government. Despite the Safavids' Sufi origins, most Sufi groups were prohibited, except the Nimatullahi order.[citation needed]
Iran became a feudal theocracy: the Shah was held to be the divinely ordained head of state and religion. In the following centuries, this religious stance cemented both Iran's internal cohesion and national feelings and provoked attacks by its Sunni neighbors.

Methods of converting Iran
Ismail consolidated his rule over the country and launched a thorough and at times brutal campaign to convert the majority Sunni population to Twelver Shiism and thus transform the religious landscape of Iran.[14] His methods of converting Iran included:
Imposing Shiism as the state and mandatory religion for the whole nation and much forcible conversions of Iranian Sufi Sunnis to Shiism.[15][16][17]
He reintroduced the Sadr (Arabic, leader) – an office that was responsible for supervising religious institutions and endowments. With a view to transforming Iran into a Shiite state, the Sadr was also assigned the task of disseminating Twelver doctrine.[18]
He destroyed Sunni mosques. This was even noted by Tomé Pires, the Portuguese ambassador to China who visited Iran in 1511–12, who when referring to Ismail noted: "He (i.e. Ismail) reforms our churches, destroys the houses of all Moors who follow (the Sunnah of) Muhammad…"[19]
He enforced the ritual and compulsory cursing of the first three Sunni Caliphs (Abu Bakr, Umar, and Uthman) as usurpers, from all mosques, disbanded Sunni Tariqahs and seized their assets, used state patronage to develop Shia shrines, institutions and religious art and imported Shia scholars to replace Sunni scholars.[20][21][22]
He shed Sunni blood and destroyed and desecrated the graves and mosques of Sunnis. This caused the Ottoman Sultan Bayezid II (who initially congratulated Ismail on his victories) to advise and ask the young monarch (in a “fatherly” manner) to stop the anti-Sunni actions. However, Ismail was strongly anti-Sunni, ignored the Sultan's warning, and continued to spread the Shia faith by the sword.[23][24]
He persecuted, imprisoned and executed stubbornly resistant Sunnis.[25][26]
With the establishment of Safavid rule, there was a very raucous and colourful, almost carnival-like holiday on 26 Dhu al-Hijjah (or alternatively, 9 Rabi' al-awwal) celebrating the murder of Caliph Umar. The highlight of the day was making an effigy of Umar to be cursed, insulted, and finally burned. However, as relations between Iran and Sunni countries improved, the holiday was no longer observed (at least officially).[27]
In 1501 Ismail invited all the Shia living outside Iran to come to Iran and be assured of protection from the Sunni majority.[28]

Ahsen

Will you be happy when iran uses the same missiles to kill your sunni brothers in the gulf? Is that what you want?

It is really very sad when some muslims take sides with those who curse sahabas as a daily routine. And they don't even hide their hatred.

Amir_of_spain

sectarian bliss

Will you be happy when iran uses the same missiles to kill your sunni brothers in the gulf? Is that what you want?

It is really very sad when some muslims take sides with those who curse sahabas as a daily routine. And they don't even hide their hatred.

Asalam wailkium...

The problem i have with brothers (soft-rock/ahsen)is that when it comes to justice and fairness and judging accordingly in a right, fair, unbias manner you brothers only look at the sins and mistake of others. Why don't you talk about all the evil actions done by the sunni rulers for the last 1000 years? Why don't you mention about the evil alliances they made from ancient times in al andalus and in the time of the crusades with the christains to the modern day al sauds and gulf arab royal families in welcoming western and zonist power into the region? You see i can also make a long list like you aswell.

Al Aqaedah is completely sunni.. how many innocent people have they killed both shia and sunni in their quest for power and control over the muslims? Why don't u mention the sunni rulers that are secular, westernised?

Why do you only look to the crimes of others? Look at how the sunni royal families have abused the wealth of the ummah... and as for the shia in Bahrain, well we all know they are the majority of the population and have been oppressed by the al khalifa royal family... no different to bashar al assad, gaddafi and mubarak. Yet you fail to mention the crimes of your beloved royal sheikhdoms/sunni dictators.

Now i'm not into this scoring points, but i am forced to point some evils out because sunni brothers like you are very selective in your judgement. One simple example from you, i will demonstrate how you are selective... you talk about how shias help usa invade Iraq... yet u fail to mention that KSA, Qatar and Bahrain supplied logistic support, air and land bases for the destruction of Iraq. Was that right? Why do u fail to be critical of your own leaders? So stop looking at the region with one eye closed.

I never said that all shia, jewish or iranians are good, there is no 100% good group or sect, a simple concept that religious zealot people fail to realise due to their own arrogant ethnic secterian superiority complex. Be more critical in your thinking.

As for Iran using missles to kill the sunnis in the gulf, again you are being bias, it is the gulf nations that supported iraq/saddam in the past and even america today in the present in harming Iran. Why is it ok for saudi and the gulf arabs to buy and acquire billions in usa weaponary when theyre is clearly no threat to their nations and yet when iran needs missles to defend itself against a joint americian-zonist aerial attack you suddenly moan about it?

This post was about nuclear technological rights not shia vs sunni, anyways enjoy your sectarian conflicts so that the region never lives in peace and unity.

Amir of Balance.